I take back what I said about Ionic Ceramic Dryers

HoneyDew

About a week ago, someone asked about Ionic styling tools and I said that I thought it was just a gimmick.

I think I had gotten so used to my Ionic dryer that I forgot what it felt like using others.

Satuday, I used my smaller dryer which is not ionic or ceramic. It is just easier to hold and style with. After my hair was dry, it was not as soft as it normally is. I actually had to apply more serum, which I NEVER have to do. I could not figure out why my hair felt like that.

Well, last night, I was using that dryer again and even when my hair was only about 30% dry, I could tell something was wrong with the way it was making my hair feel.

I switched back to my Andis Ionic dryer and it was like night and day. My hair dried to the soft supple hair that I had gotten used to.

So, I take back what I said, Ionic Ceramic dryers really do make a difference, and I know other agree with me.

so1913

HoneyDew said:
About a week ago, someone asked about Ionic styling tools and I said that I thought it was just a gimmick.

I think I had gotten so used to my Ionic dryer that I forgot what it felt like using others.

Satuday, I used my smaller dryer which is not ionic or ceramic. It is just easier to hold and style with. After my hair was dry, it was not as soft as it normally is. I actually had to apply more serum, which I NEVER have to do. I could not figure out why my hair felt like that.

Well, last night, I was using that dryer again and even when my hair was only about 30% dry, I could tell something was wrong with the way it was making my hair feel.

I switched back to my Andis Ionic dryer and it was like night and day. My hair dried to the soft supple hair that I had gotten used to.

So, I take back what I said, Ionic Ceramic dryers really do make a difference, and I know other agree with me.

I had an Ionic blow dryer when I was transitioning and loved it! (it broke though so I no longer have one:-( )

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
There was a "how does it work" show on tv once. It said they work by making the water molecules small enough to be absorbed by your hair, so it doesnt dry out.

HoneyDew

Enchantmt said:
There was a "how does it work" show on tv once. It said they work by making the water molecules small enough to be absorbed by your hair, so it doesnt dry out.

I would loved to have seen that.

I just could not believe that, but the box my drier came in claimed that the ions help "condition" vs. drying it out.

I believe it now.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Thanks ladies. I've always tried to figure out what the IONics do. Small enough that you hair can absorb the water....thanks for that break down...

One, question, why does it dry quicker? They say the dome dryers dry much quicker than the regulars. Is this because the hair is absorbing the water? Hmm....

SweetCaramel1

HoneyDew said:

girl yes! i luv my ionic.