I think I need a regimen

LifeafterLHCF

I have been natural for the second time 2years on the 29th.My hair isn't flowing or anything but it's not horrible.I don't really have a set regimen like most of you ladies have.I sue to be a high maintence girl washing my hair every week dc for hours and doing alot of different treatments per motown girl website.

No I don't even wear my natural hair at all..I cornrow my hair across the back and the front and straight back in the middle.I have started a couple of weeks ago trying to mist my hair with water.glycerin twice a day and put some type of oil ie coconut oil,shea butter or elsta qp mango butter on my ends.

I wash once a month and dc for about a hour or two.I air dry my hair and I have only dried my hair maybe 2 times this year with a blow dryer.I have done the aphoghee protein treatment for damaged hair a few times as well.I 'm a college student so I can't go online and by any of these nice oils or go to a salon to get treatments.

I wanted to know if any of you good nice sweet ladies would mind helping me create a regimen that I could do on my hair.I use natural products 80% of the time ie eo,evoo,coconut oil,organic honey but then I use Miss key 10n1 conditioner,elsta qp dpr 11,and other dc i can get at big lotts.

Thank you ladies who try to help a poor struggling college student...:yep:

msa

My advice to you would be to do something simple. Clean, condition, moisturize, and protect.

Find a shampoo, a good dc, a moisturizer, and a style you like. Repeat as needed (once a week seems to be the average for washing around here). It sounds like you already have the products you need. Use those, and if you decide they don't give you the results you want, then do some research and find something different.

LifeafterLHCF

My advice to you would be to do something simple. Clean, condition, moisturize, and protect.

Find a shampoo, a good dc, a moisturizer, and a style you like. Repeat as needed (once a week seems to be the average for washing around here). It sounds like you already have the products you need. Use those, and if you decide they don't give you the results you want, then do some research and find something different.

Thank you MSA..Im checking out the newbie handbook...I use con shampoo(green one),ors green shampoo or dark and lovely natural shampoo...I use to like the salerm wheat germ dc but Im too poor to afford it..but I do like the texture of elsta qp...I don't think I could style my hair..my scalp hurts at times maybe bc of the cornrows or wigs...My hair has major shrinkage..It love to crawl up on my scalp..I think Im going to wash and dc this weekend...i havent done that since...the 1st of oct:sad:

msa

Thank you MSA..Im checking out the newbie handbook...I use con shampoo(green one),ors green shampoo or dark and lovely natural shampoo...I use to like the salerm wheat germ dc but Im too poor to afford it..but I do like the texture of elsta qp...I don't think I could style my hair..my scalp hurts at times maybe bc of the cornrows or wigs...My hair has major shrinkage..It love to crawl up on my scalp..I think Im going to wash and dc this weekend...i havent done that since...the 1st of oct:sad:

Dcing more often with a really good conditioner will make it easier to style your hair (which means less scalp pain if it's due to being tenderheaded). Shoot for at least twice a month, though once a week would be best.

I think you should focus on finding one style that you can do with your hair that you really like. It should be your go to style. For me, that's a bantu knot out. It makes a nice fro and I love the way it looks on me and I can do it in my sleep.

The other style I've been doing lately is known as the southern tease bun. Look it up on youtube. It's really easy and can be done on almost any length of hair. I suggest you stretch your hair in braids first so that you don't have to deal with the shrinkage issue. That will make it much easier (though I have done it on wet hair and it was ok then as well).

There's lots of styles to choose from...twistouts, braidouts, bantu knot outs, twists, braids, flat twists, buns, updo's, etc. etc. Choose one, and stick with that for while. That way you won't have to be dependent on wigs forever.

Also, I don't normally recommend specific products. But, I just recently started using the talia waajid protective mist bodifier. It is literally amazing. I use it on wet hair after washing and conditioning to detangle and style and it's great. Any tangles just melt away and my hair is so soft and moisturized afterward, it's like silky baby hair. If a cvs or bss near you carries it, I really suggest you try it out (it was 7$ for the bottle).

jasminea

When I go for long periods without washing my hair it is unmanagable and I tend to get an irritated sore scalp trying to deal with my new growth (I am relaxed but thought I would offer some advice).

I too would recommend at least washing and deep conditioning (protein or moisurizing based on your hair needs) every two weeks.

I would recommend mixing conditioner with your honey and pre-pooing with that for at least 30 min. The honey works great to soften the hair and pre-pooing with keep hair from drying out with your shampoo.

Follow with a sulfate-free poo then DC with a moisturizing conditioner for as long as you like. Wash it out and follow with a good leave-in etc.

Find a curly style you can rock like a twist-out or braid-out that can be re-do at night to last a week then put it up for a week.

Hope this helps!

Coco_Diva4,
MSA gave you the best advice.
Shampoo, Condition, Moisturize, and Protect.
You do not need expensive Products to get good results.
I find that with consistency and products that work for you.......you'll achieve great results:yep:
I Shampoo twice a week, Deep Condition twice a week, and Condition Wash five days out of the week.
It never takes me more than ten minutes to do my hair.....on washing days it takes about forty-five minutes to an hour.
Miss Keys....I love.....DPR 11....I love.
All you need to do is find Products that you'd like.
Keep It Simple....your hair will thank you.

I also want to add.......Honey, Avocado, Mayonnaise, Olive Oil, Eggs.....are good for the hair.
You can use together, by itself, or mix and match.

Last edited: