I Think I Revived My Wig?

TajBabii711

So I tried reviving my synthetic wig with my new CHI straightener I got last night and I think it did pretty well! I’m glad I finally realized titanium is what I need when it comes to some wigs or even my own hair texture.

I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out because it’s moving again, but it still feels just a tad stiff. What am I missing and what should I add? I took pics to show yall but I’m having trouble uploading for some reason

Black Ambrosia

I need wig advice myself. I have a synthetic wig that I like but it tangles easily around my nape. I'm guessing maybe its the friction from putting a coat on and taking it off and turning my head throughout the day. Maybe its from rubbing against my clothing? IDK.

Each night I brush it out and the tangles are gone but the texture is rougher. Now the ends are stiff looking compared to the rest of the wig. Is using a titanium iron the solution? I think one of my old ones might be titanium.

@TajBabii711 What temp are you using?

TajBabii711

I need wig advice myself. I have a synthetic wig that I like but it tangles easily around my nape. I'm guessing maybe its the friction from putting a coat on and taking it off and turning my head throughout the day. Maybe its from rubbing against my clothing? IDK.

Each night I brush it out and the tangles are gone but the texture is rougher. Now the ends are stiff looking compared to the rest of the wig. Is using a titanium iron the solution? I think one of my old ones might be titanium.

@TajBabii711 What temp are you using?
It worked well for me. This is why I wish I could show you the pic I took so you can see ugh...I'll try again. This one I brought though, I see it has no temp setting. I brought it from eBay so I guess I wan't aware, but it works perfectly.

RUBY

What's been working for in for reviving my synthetic wigs is washing them and then conditioning with L'Oréal curl nourishing conditioner

There's something about this conditioner that does my wigs right. Maybe it's the cones. All I know is that after I flat iron my wigs they come out good.

Oh and there is definitely something about the friction at the nape that causes the texture on synthetic wigs to get rough. I honestly don't think there's anything that can stop that. When it gets really bad, rough and tangly I just wash and flat iron the wig.