I Think My Hairline Is Receding..i'm Scared

levette

I rarely wear my hair all pulled back and usually I wear a side bang with a bun... Well today I wore a high bun and looked and I believe my hairline might be receding.. I almost want to cry but I have always had a large forehead and kinda think maybe my hairline has always been like this..look at the pic and share what you see or maybe I'm paranoid.. I plan to use Jbco to massage my hairline... I welcome suggestions ...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 129

L.Brown1114

Yes it looks like it's receding. I'm not an expert on oral hair growth regimens since it grows hair everywhere and I'm hairy enough.

Topical wise I would use Jamaican black castor oil on it twice a day and not put ANY tension on it. While growing it back out I would wear scarves, hats, thick headbands, etc.

And of course go to a dermatologist and see if there is no underlying condition that would hinder the growth or keep the problem coming back

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
i dont necessarily see anything receding. I'd need to see a before to determine... It looks fine to me honestly.

In the meantime though, do not pull your hair back anymore Even the way its pulled in the pic can contribute to thinning. It looks very tightly pulled to me. Only loose ponies and such...

Anaisin

I got this before, twice actually. It's really not noticeable to other people so they thought I was exaggerating. First time I used jbco & 2nd I used Alikay naturals oil. Took about 3 weeks for it to grow back fully. Just have to keep that spot moisturized & coated

ladysaraii

Have you been brushing your hair? You might need to stop or get a gentler brush. I was having the same issue, then I realized the effect too late. I found a softer boat bristle brush for when I need to, but I'm trying to focus more on styles that don't need it to begin with.

I need to remember to add jbco to the area.

LdyKamz

It doesn't look like it's receding to me but maybe a little thinning. The front of your hair looks like mine. When my hair is pulled back it looks quite thin and sparse but when I have ave it alone it looks thick and full. I have trouble with taking my own advice but keeping tension off with regular jbco or other oil massages should help it come back to life. When I do that consistently and moisturize it comes back quickly.