I tried the Phytorelaxer this weekend(Long)

Kalani

Hey guys!

Well I finally gave in and ordered the Phytospecific relaxer, Index 2, from Hairboutique.com. Loved that the shipping was free and it arrived within a week (they also included a couple samples, one of their citrus shampoo and the other a hair mask).

Anyway, it arrived Thursday and I relaxed on Saturday. I had my mom put in the relaxer(as usual) and we followed the directions. I divided up the relaxer and only used half. Luckily, It was more than enough(wanted to stretch out that 60 bucks! lol).
First thing we both noticed is that it didn't have that strong chemical smell. It had a light pleasant conditioner type scent. Left it on for the recommeded time than rinsed it out and washed with the neutralizing shampoo. It took quite a few washes until was all out. Then I washed it with my Nioxin shampoo. I know it sounds like overkill but Nioxin is said to remove harmful agents that are left behind by chemicals so just wanted to make sure!

I was hesitant to put in the milky reconstructor after reading how alot of ladies weren't pleased with it. So I put in my Nioxin conditioner(I know, I know I strayed from the directions! :lol: ) Left it in for a few minutes, then rinsed it out. Hair feels nice so far so now I'm ready to put in the milky reconstructer. I found that I really like the consistency of the reconstructer. I smoothed it in evenly than put a cap on and left it in for a while. When it was time I took the cap off and combed through my hair before rinsing it out.
So far so good! I like the reconstructer but I felt my hair should get a nice burst of moisture so I put on the NTM mask and shower cap my hair again. :grin: Its my ritual, I tend to go crazy with conditioning after I relax. :lol:

After my series of conditioning my hair feels really good and the comb glides through my hair effortless. However, I'm not completely satisfied because the real test comes after about a week so we'll see how it is then!
I did like the Phyto relaxer so far. It seems gentle(light scent, no burning at all) but does its job well. Ladies, it really straightens so not for anyone who looking for a texurizing effect unless maybe you do Index 1.

Thats about it for now. I put a few pics in my album but they are all taken with the camera phone(I really need to invest in a real camera!), so the quality of the pics aren't the best. :p

Thanks for listening, or reading, about my Phyto experience!

Last edited:

Mitre

Re: I tried the Phyorelaxer this weekend(Long)

I want to try this relaxer but I am afraid of the dryness please keep us updated after one ,two , three weeks after the relaxer.

Kalani

Re: I tried the Phyorelaxer this weekend(Long)

Tamika said:
I want to try this relaxer but I am afraid of the dryness please keep us updated after one ,two , three weeks after the relaxer.

I am also slightly nervous about future dryness. I will be sure to update! ;)

buffalosoldier

Interesting! I just cant see spending $60 on a relaxer !!!!

Your hair looks very nice though..I like the wavy look. Im not sure if you've tried carols daughter hair milk but it would be perfect for you. You put it in your hair when its wet and it gives you beautiful curls and waves.

Kalani

buffalosoldier said:
Interesting! I just cant see spending $60 on a relaxer !!!!

Your hair looks very nice though..I like the wavy look. Im not sure if you've tried carols daughter hair milk but it would be perfect for you. You put it in your hair when its wet and it gives you beautiful curls and waves.

Yeah, I had a hard time with the 60 bucks. Even though the relaxer was nice I'm still not sure if its worth the money. I'll wait a few weeks before I decide if its worth purchasing again.

I've never tried carols daughter milk but I'll certainly give it a go! Where can I purchase it?

Thanks!

MissM

I'm too cheap to spend $60 for a relaxer. I'll stick with my Motions. But if it works for some thats good.

Kalani

Carlie said:
Your hair is VERY pretty! :yep:

Thankyou!
I put a lot of effort(and product) into maintaining it. You can't really tell from the pics but I have a few different textures going on in my hair so its tricky to manage.

Kalani

sweetpeadst said:
Congradulations on your Phyto experience. I will be taking this journey myself on Saturday. YOur hair looks great:grin:

Thanks! Good luck on your trip to Phyto world Saturday. :grin:

buffalosoldier

www.carolsdaughter.com

Its quite expensive but I like it. I got some free at our last meeting and Im going to start buyin regularly. u put it in wet then just put it in 2 braids and leave it. u can wear your hair curly for several days without all the rewetting etc etc. just braid it at night.

It has a very distinct smell though but its ok and worth it

Kalani

buffalosoldier said:
www.carolsdaughter.com

Its quite expensive but I like it. I got some free at our last meeting and Im going to start buyin regularly. u put it in wet then just put it in 2 braids and leave it. u can wear your hair curly for several days without all the rewetting etc etc. just braid it at night.

It has a very distinct smell though but its ok and worth it

Thanks for the link! The products look nice. I like a lot of the ingredients. I'm sure its worth the cost. I think I'll put in an order. :D