I Trimmed My Own Hair!!!

ms_kenesha

Okay, someone please keep the hair cutting scissors away from me! I just finished trimming my own hair and I had to get away from the bathroom or I would still be cutting
tongue.gif
I think I did a pretty good job, but I'm obsessive about both sides being exactly even so after I had done my simple trim I did some more "trimming" to even stuff up!
laugh.gif
Okay, I have now put the scissors down and I think my hair looks pretty darn good! I need to stop watching the hair makeover sections from A Makeover Story on TLC!!!

I know what you mean, Ms. Kenesha!! Whenever I dust my ends, it just seems like I can't stop!! I have to make myself put down the scissors!! I can kind of understand what those "scissor-happy" stylists go through. It's like you become obsessed with making sure everything is even!!
nuts.gif

Anyway, congrats on your successful trim!!
smile.gif

Girl I know. I'm like edward scissor hands with my scissors. But I made a vow to trust dust very lightly and then when I get to that desired length I'll trim it real good.

Thanks Lindy and Msprettyeyes.
smile.gif

Msprettyeyes what's your goal length? Mine is brastrap which is 8 inches away for me (that's 1yr and 4mths. if I don't damage my hair and over-trim). WOW, just writing that down made me feel a lot better about my goal it seems really attainable!
smile.gif
Before this club I would've never even thought that it was attainable for me!

ms_kenesha my goal length is below my brastrap. I'm guessing maybe another year to go. My hair touches the highest part of my back now. So hopefully I can get there soon. The only thing is when I go back to school i have to deal with that hard water. I'm getting used to washing my hair twice a week and washing twice a week down there will leave me BALD!!!! Do u have any advice.

I don't know if you can install a shower filter at your dorm, but some people like Sweetcocoa have had success using distilled water as their final rinse and there our shampoos that our good with hard water such as Elasta QP Conditioning Shampoo (plus it's cheap $3.99, I think)
smile.gif
So I'd use the Elasta as my shampoo and rinse with distilled water after I apply my conditioner.

HTH
smile.gif

Thanks kenesha! Can I ask one more thing? What is the detergent it uses? (I really wanna make sure I'm not using anything too harsh on my hair)

Congrats kenesha!

clap.gif
bdance.gif
clap.gif
bdance.gif
clap.gif
bdance.gif
clap.gif
bdance.gif
clap.gif

I know that trimming can become addictive. For me, it's not even about my hair being even, I just like to hear the sound of the scissors slicing into my hair for some reason.
crazy.gif

Kenesha
How long is your hair? Please tell me how you trimmed it. My hair is just past my shoulders but I want to trim it myself. Please advise!

Girl, trimming your own hair, relaxing your own hair...I know you are proud of yourself. I think that's great!

Back