I WANNA CORRECTIVE RELAXER NOWWWW!!!

Nanyanika

Some of you probably remember my post regarding my relaxed hair and texturized ends.. i was complaining about how tired i am dealing with the two textures, and on top of this issue my roots were underprocessed 3 weeks ago. and i've been shedding more than usual. How long should i wait before doing a corrective?

MizaniMami

I say you got 3 weeks under your belt I would go for another 3 weeks. Making it six weeks

Seeing how you wash and style biweekly I don't think you should have a problem waiting.

OT: I wanted to thank for your post helping me decide to go back to relxing straight. I think it is the best thing that I have done for my hair and I really appreciated your post.

jasmin

MizaniMami and Den.....This is what I need to do. So what do you do? Do you run the relaxer through the ends of the hair? I want to do this the next time I relax.

Nanyanika

MizaniMami said:
I say you got 3 weeks under your belt I would go for another 3 weeks. Making it six weeks

Seeing how you wash and style biweekly I don't think you should have a problem waiting.

OT: I wanted to thank for your post helping me decide to go back to relxing straight. I think it is the best thing that I have done for my hair and I really appreciated your post.
Thanks for your advice!!! i know i shouldn't have any problems waiting another 3 weeks since i don't manipulate my hair often because its always tucked in a bun. its just the idea of my hair being underprocesed that bothers me, i'm terrified of this because what i had to put up with for 2 years being texturized and having 3 different textures. I'm glad i could be of help when you were deciding whether to have straight relaxed hair and most of all i'm happy to know that you are comfortable with your decision, you hair looks amazing wther texlaxed or relaxed. I personally love my hair as straight as possible, my hair is a thick resistant type so i'm not worried about losing body.

Sosoothing

den1 said:
Some of you probably remember my post regarding my relaxed hair and texturized ends.. i was complaining about how tired i am dealing with the two textures, and on top of this issue my roots were underprocessed 3 weeks ago. and i've been shedding more than usual. How long should i wait before doing a corrective?

At a minimum and if you are really desperate I would say 4 weeks.
The longer you can wait the better of course. But if you are shedding and experiencing breakage because of the two textures, then the longer you wait after 4weeks may not be better for you.

Sosoothing

MizaniMami said:

Were you having problems with your underprocessed/texlaxed hair?

Nanyanika

jasmin said:
MizaniMami and Den.....This is what I need to do. So what do you do? Do you run the relaxer through the ends of the hair? I want to do this the next time I relax.
Yep, i'll do a quick strand test first so that get the correct timing for processing the ends. I will process my newgrowth as usual, then just before the timing is up i run the relaxer only through the underprocessed areas before rinsing out. I will probably add a protectiv creme to the mid shaft areas which are already straight to prevent overprocessing.

Nanyanika

Lkaysgirl said:
At a minimum and if you are really desperate I would say 4 weeks.
The longer you can wait the better of course. But if you are shedding and experiencing breakage because of the two textures, then the longer you wait after 4weeks may not be better for you.
Thanks, i'm gonna continue with weekly conditionings and do an aphogee treatment a week before my relaxer.

Sosoothing

MizaniMami said:
Girl problems wasn't the word, knotting, matting, tangles, knots, eeeerrthang.

oh I see. Just making sure I wasnt missing something because my hair isnt fully relaxed. Its still on my head, but it sometimes makes me wonder because every touch up results in a slighly different degree of 'underprocessedness' if that makes sense. So I have several patterns in on my head:).

jasmin

den1 said:
Yep, i'll do a quick strand test first so that get the correct timing for processing the ends. I will process my newgrowth as usual, then just before the timing is up i run the relaxer only through the underprocessed areas before rinsing out. I will probably add a protectiv creme to the mid shaft areas which are already straight to prevent overprocessing.

Thank you so much for the tip. Next relaxer I'm going to do it.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

When I tried out that Africans best no lye relaxer last yr and it under processed my first 16wk stretch, girl couldn't nobody tell me after my nap I couldn't correct that situation, it was too crazy to go wks, lol, I slept for 4 hrs based my scalp applied the relaxer I knew would get the job done. After being up all night and stretching for 16wks I was on a rampage to get my hair right, lol, and I did not have any problem afterwards.

Ebonygurl00

MizaniMami said:

OT: Just curious, did you do a corrective relaxer on all of your hair, or did you just start relaxing the roots straight?

AtlantaJJ

How did it go? Are you still holding out? I'm in the same boat, just holding my breath to get though 3 weeks!

I need ya'll to tell me I can do it, I can make it !! It wouldn't bother me but when I workout and sweat real bad, it's poof instant fuzz ball head!! To top it off, I'm wearing a ponytail that's still stick straight! hehe!!:lol: I think I 'll start tying my head up!