I want Oprah's hair

Dejanire

I want Oprah\'s hair

Hi everyone,

My mother and I were talking the other day about how fabulous Oprah's hair has been looking these past few months. It's shiny, bouncy and most importantly healthy looking. It even looks better than white people's hair (not that black hair cannot be as beautiful as caucasian hair - it is just as beautiful).

Anyways, that's what I want - beautiful shiny hair. I thought I could achieve it with Pantene S&S conditioner but my hair hated it. In fact, it was the worst thing I've ever put on my hair. I mean it's one thing when a product doesn't do what it promises but it's another when it does the exact opposite. The Pantene conditioner made my hair hard, frizzy and dull.

So does anyone know how to make your hair look "Oprah shiny" ? Also does your hair have to be straight/relaxed to really be shiny or is it possible with curly/natural hair ?

Déjanire

Lucia

Re: I want Oprah\'s hair

I would say it's all about technique and the right products for your hair. For that kind of shine and bounce you'd have to get someone to blowdry and flat iron your hair-but not burn it so they have to know what they are doing.
Personally I don't think you need a relaxer to get that look 'cause I've had it done, I'm trying to learn to do it myself though.
hth

I am a fan of Oprah's hair too. It always has a lot of movement and shine to it. I wish that Andre Walker could be my personal hair stylist. The man works miracles with hair.

Emmi

i always get the oprah hair bounce when i blow dry my hair.. i never put in leave in or anything.

i know not everyones hair is the same, but for me the results came from a simple shampoo/conditioner, and dry blow (no product) my hair would always be super shiny straight and shiny

ive never really had a problem with heat on my hair nor with breakage but this was before i decided heat was bad for my hair, so i only do it once in a while.

londongirl3

Are you saying white/caucasian hair is the ideal?

You did say that you didn't mean black hair cannot be as beautiful as white hair which means white hair is the standard?

I think Tracy has beautiful super shiny hair. I also think some hair is just not meant to shine but if you want shine you just need a serum.

Valerie

Opray has very thick hair, plus she uses colouring rinses and she does have Andre looking after her hair, which does help. Anyway a lot of us are doing well with our hair anyway.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Opray has very thick hair, plus she uses colouring rinses and she does have Andre looking after her hair, which does help. Anyway a lot of us are doing well with our hair anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I bet Andre is a great help for her.

SherryLove

In case you did not know, Oprah also wears pieces to help her achieve some of that volume...

SherryLove

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Andre talks her her weaves in his book. I was cracking up when he said that even after deciding on style beforehand, when she sees the weave cascading down her back she doesn't want to cut it!
He said that by the way she behaves, you'd think she's spent years growing her hair and now he wants to shave her bald!

HOTCHOCOLATE

You can also get a good bounce with a roller set. Use the extra large rollers then do doobie wrap after its dry

ny2atl

I've always been a fan of Oprah's hair also. Sure, I'd take her hair if I could.

carrie

[ QUOTE ]
Forget Oprah I want SherryLove's hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am with you! Adrienne's too

nissi

[ QUOTE ]
Ginn1 says: Forget Oprah I want SherryLove's hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too Ginn!

Milkchoc

Bounce? That's easy. Here's my weekly routine.
First I was with keracare's moisturising shampoo
then I conditon with Keracare's humecto and Wella's in-depth treatment. I apply both at the same time, and sit with heat cap for 15 min. Rinse completely.

Next I spray on a bit of Lustrasilk's straight effects, and apply a dime size amount of Keracare's silken seal. I blow dry just enough to get some of the curl out of the ends, and let it air dry. Then I flat iron and style. I have naturl unpermed hair, and my hair is full of bounce and shine. Want more shine? Use just a very little keracare's high sheen glossifier. I do spend a lot for products, but they seem to last forever and the results are worth it to me.

Country gal

I have always loved Oprah's hair. Most stars add etensions for volume. Oprah just proves that you don't need hair down to your but for it to be beautiful.

Tracy

Londongirl - sweet compliment nena - thank you. And just goes to show how we can create the same illusions on our own hair as the celebs do...

Someone mentioned that Oprah uses rinses - well so do I - and I attribute that to my shine and not much else.

It's a little shinier naturally because it's fine and that one of the FEW benefits of fine hair (that and body) but the over the top shine is faked.

I suspect most celebs enhance their looks as well. So Dejanire - get some colorshines girl!

I think Emmi's also on to something - people overdo it sometimes on product overload - which robs you of shine easily and quickly. Try letting up on someproduct of you currently use a lot and see what happens. Oprah does have enviabel hair and if the texture and density of yours is similar than you ,may just be able to approximate something very near to what she has. And if you hair is totally different, make YOUR hair the best it can be and I'm sure you'll love it as much as you love Oprahs.

Good Luck Chica!