I want to straighten my texlax a bit...how?

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies!It's been a while since i've been on...I miss u guys!!Anyway... I plan to relax tomorrow to prepare for the big HYHTC reveal. For a while I've been thinking of doing a slight corrective to my telaxed hair...just to relax it a bit more. The reason I want to do this is because I find that my hair is quite tangly sometimes and I want to wear it in straight styles and I would like to rely less on the my flatiron.How should I go about doing this? I use SE regular and add oil to it to slow down the relaxer. Should I just run the relaxer over the length of my telaxed hair at the end of my application and rinse it right out? Should I use something to protect the already processed hair from getting too straight??thanks for your advice in advance

HoneyDew

Hey girlie. I did this for one large section of hair that was VERY underprocessed even for a texlax head like me. Yeah, I just ran the relaxer down that section at the end of application. It helped a lot, but maintained it's texlaxed state.

RabiaElaine

Hey girlie. I did this for one large section of hair that was VERY underprocessed even for a texlax head like me. Yeah, I just ran the relaxer down that section at the end of application. It helped a lot, but maintained it's texlaxed state.

Thanks HoneyDew!

I just have to be careful not to get it on my bone straight ends at the very ends of part of my hair (about 1-2 inches in some section).

prospurr4

Thanks HoneyDew!

I just have to be careful not to get it on my bone straight ends at the very ends of part of my hair (about 1-2 inches in some section).

I agree with HoneyDew. Also, I would saturate that 1-2 inches of bone straight ends with oil AND not pull the relaxer that far down the length. I hope your touchup goes well.