I want to try Ayurvedic Methods!

IndianAngel22

I think I spelled it right? After trying Henna, and seeing people use Vatika oil, I believe those would be considered Ayurvedic right? Hairveda is Ayurvedic also correct? I'm not sure but after doing my first Henna today as seen here

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=330977

I want to get into it. I am in love with these Indian products and when I first got here I thought people were crazy for useing that stuff, but when I research I get so boggled with information I get confused. Can you all tell me where to start? I am natural. What are some products I can start with and what differences have you seen in your hair?

Faith

Hey IndianAngel,

There are many ayurvedic threads on here so I'm not sure you'll get many replies...unless your questions have not been answered already. If you go to the ayurvedic thread and ask you'll get replies in there or maybe the ladies will prove me wrong :look:

For what it's worth I would say start with the vatika oil or amla oil for prepooing.
Amla and Brahmi powders for conditioning ; and because some have difficulty with the shikakai powder I would suggest buying a swastik shikakai soap (it's a red bar). Gro out oil is ayurvedic, I use that as a daily oil. I believe hairveda is ayurvedic as well. Check their list of ingredients.

You can add the powders to your conditioner and conditioner your hair like that or add them to water and then condition afterwards. When I add them to a conditioner I don't condition again afterwards.

The differences I saw when I prepooed with vatika or amla is really soft hair afterwards. I have been using vatika and alma oil on and off for a few years now. Didn't know they were "ayurvedic" :lol:
I only started the powders on the 14th of Jan. and so far so good. I'll know for sure how it's working in a month or two.

Right now I'm in braids and still using the powders. My hair likes it. Good luck with this regimen and remember if you have any questions bump up one of the ayurvedic threads like Candy_c's or the challenge (more responses ;) )

Last edited: