I Went to the BSS store this weeked..

MizaniMami

Hey Ladies,

I went to tbe BSS store this weekend and I felt kind of bad. Here I was looking at all these products that were nothing but mineral oil, lanolin, and petroleum claiming to be "pro-growth cures."

Though there were tons of stuff that are good for the hair in there, many women that *I* saw ran straight to the Pink oil moisturizers and those harsh gels. I felt really bad, I wish I could have helped all of those women or atleast directed them to LHCF. Not once (I went to 3 BSS to see their selections) did I see a relaxed black woman with healthy shoulder length hair or healthy hair for that fact.:perplexed :(

JazzyDez

Uninformed hair care practices has been passed through families, friends, hairstylists etc. for so long that even though those practices dont seem to be working you, you continue to do so because you believe it is what is best for your hair. Maybe if a celebrity like janet jackson or beyonce, mary j or anyone grew their hair out and wrote a book outlining proper hair care for our hair with befores and afters maybe that would convince more of us to research proper haircare...or maybe even trigger hair care lines to produce more quality products for our hair. If I wouldnt have took my own personal initiative to research black hair care I would still be unknowingly abusing my hair.