If I use a protein treatment, is it ok I use a deep conditioner with protein in it?

sparkle25

Or would that be too much? I found a protein treatment that I love (thanks Froreal ) and for the first time in my life I have no breakage when touching/styling/manipulating my hair. I use to see little broken hairs in the jars of some moisturizers etc. I couldn't even put product on my hair without it breaking.

I'm looking into some deep conditioners and one looks lovely but it has avocado and silk amino acids. I've never had a protein overload, and I don't want one either. Would it be wise to not use anything else with protein as the protein treatment worked so well?

sparkle25

Re: If I use a protein treatment, is it ok I use a deep conditioner with protein in

It was komzacare protien strengthener

faithVA

Re: If I use a protein treatment, is it ok I use a deep conditioner with protein in

Or would that be too much? I found a protein treatment that I love (thanks Froreal ) and for the first time in my life I have no breakage when touching/styling/manipulating my hair. I use to see little broken hairs in the jars of some moisturizers etc. I couldn't even put product on my hair without it breaking.

I'm looking into some deep conditioners and one looks lovely but it has avocado and silk amino acids. I've never had a protein overload, and I don't want one either. Would it be wise to not use anything else with protein as the protein treatment worked so well?

I don't know that avocado or silk amino acids would hurt you. If it was some type of hydrolozed protein then I would stay away from it. Both avocado and silk amino are more softening vs. strengthening. It should be ok.

sparkle25

Thank you. ^^^ I don't know anything about proteins.

VictoriousBrownFlower

My hair hates silk amino acids. They are pretty strong. I wouldn't use it after doing a protein treatment. I would use something that's just moisturizing. My hair wouldn't like the double shot of protein. But my hair loves moisture.

I used something that said moisturizing but had silk amino acids in it and it made my hair dry but greasy. I never used it again which sucked because it smelled so good. I wanted to like this conditioner so bad. But my hair hated it. I had to go back to my tried and true myhoneychild.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

It should be fine.

ronie

I use moisturizing conditioners with protein in them. As long as it is not high on the list, and the product does not have any strengthening or repairing claims. I have used the following after protein with great success: SD shea what (hydrolyzed silk, and hydrolyzed wheat protein), darcys deep conditioning mask (hydrolyzed oats), joico MRB (hydrolyzed keratin), phytokarite deep brilliance mask (hydrolyzed keratin), Claudie s deep moisturizing conditioner (silk amino acids). Some more moisturizing than others, but all did a great job at balancing the protein out. Good luck.
Warning: my hair does love protein.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

I'll use a Reconstructor and then follow up with a Light Protein Rx.

Especially right before or after Relaxing. And the week or so after.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

My hair wouldn't mind a really moisturizing conditioner with a tiny bit of protein in it (like SD Vanilla Silk) after a protein rx. However you won't know until you know how much protein your hair can tolerate before your balance is off.

What my hair didn't like though was following up my SD Vanilla Silk dc with too much Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin leave in. I love this leave in, but I kind of "oversprayed." My hair was dry, but I did two moisture dcs later that week and it balanced back out.

Lovestyr

Because you had good results w/ the protein treatment, I don't think there's a need to use additional protein in the same wash day regimen. If available I would use something moisturzing. If you do chose to proceed with the protein, if should be okay. Just alternate it when you condition again with something that primary purpose is to provide moisture.