Whats a good protein treatment/conditioner?

mystery29

I need to do add a protein treatment to my hair because Im getting some annoying shedding. What are some good protein treatments or conditioners that some of you use and how do you use it?

Diya

My votes are:

Strong protein: Nexxus Emergencee-- After shampooing, I wring out excess water from my hair and apply about a palm full of emergencee all over my hair, focusing on the ends. Then I put on a plastic cap, and a hair net and sit under my Pibbs for about 20 min or until my hair becomes hard...(yes, hard :look:) . Then I rinse it out and condition as usual. I use this only once in about 2-3 months, usually right after a fresh relaxer to strengthen my vulnerable strands. It works really well and keeps my hair strong for a while.

Light protein: Phyto Organics Enphuse or Aubrey Organics GPB. Both are light enough for weekly use if necessary, but I use them only when I really feel like I need an extra boost of protein but not as extreme as Emergencee. I use them as a prepoo with some oil, then rinse them out, shampoo and condition as usual. Good for maintenance of protein balance, and I usually alternate them with moisturizing conditioners week to week.

mystery29

^^^ Yeah I need something strong like the nexxus you suggested but I dont have adryer to sit under for it to pentrate into my hair. Is there an alternative if you dont have a dryer to sit under? Can I just leave it on for 20 minutes w/o heat?

Diya

Actually, you can just leave the emergencee on your hair with a plastic cap for 20 minutes or so :yep:. No heat necessary...that's the way the directions tell you to do it anyway. I've just found in my own experience, that letting it dry and get hard makes the product more effective in repairing my hair.

lexi08

Redken Rescue Force Treatment is one of my favorites. I apply the conditioner after shampoo shampooing with the Redken extreme shampoo cover my head with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 20-30 minutes.

mystery29

Thanx for the replies on my pj kick this weekend but I really need a good protein treatment to buy to help with my shedding seeing as how Ive never done one before

Diya

I'm not sure a protein treatment is designed to help shedding, but rather breakage. I've never bought anything specifically for shedding, but I hear other ladies talking about garlic oil as a home remedy. Sorry I can't be of more help, but you may want to refine your question to get replies pertaining to shedding control.

mystery29

I'm not sure a protein treatment is designed to help shedding, but rather breakage. I've never bought anything specifically for shedding, but I hear other ladies talking about garlic oil as a home remedy. Sorry I can't be of more help, but you may want to refine your question to get replies pertaining to shedding control.

Well I use the garlic shampoo already. Its just that I need to do something to strengthen my hair. I felt a protein treatment would be the way to go seeing as how I ve never done one before

audacity.

I need to do add a protein treatment to my hair because Im getting some annoying shedding. What are some good protein treatments or conditioners that some of you use and how do you use it?

Motions CPR

I DC with a combo of this and the Motions Moisture Plus every week and my hair loves it! :lick:

morehairplease

Redken Rescue Force Treatment is one of my favorites. I apply the conditioner after shampoo shampooing with the Redken extreme shampoo cover my head with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 20-30 minutes.

I so want to try the Redken line. I have on my to buy list the real control and the extreme line so far :rolleyes:.

RubyWoo

C/S! I came in here to recommend the same product! I love this stuff too!

I also use use Jehri Redding Natural Protein conditioner which is excellent!! I usually use this after a touch up when I need a heavier protein treatment.

myronnie

Strong Protein: I would recommend Aphogee 2 step protein treatment. I used this and it strengthened my hair like no other protein treatment. However, you must be careful to adequately deep condition afterwards with a moisturizing dc. I'd suggest Proclaim Aloe&Shea moisturizing conditioner.

Medium Protein: ORS Mayo is the ultimate protein pick me up. It's great! It's so creamy and moisturizing yet strengthening!