If one more natural..............

longhairlover

Now normally i'm relaxed (stretching 6 mths post) and I dont' have beef with ya'll naturals,

but if one more Natural in real life looks at my relaxed looking hair with an attitude, i'm gonna snap (no violence for ya'll thinking it:).

I have experienced this several times before; even chicks with weaves have tried to play me.

I was at work and this chick has natural hair, she wears it in a puff, i guess she just started on her journey. That's cool I love all hair, I was in the bathroom and she was in there I went to wash my hands and she gave my hair a dirty look (I know in her mind she was like relaxed heff#r lol).

I don't look at naturals hair with dirty looks nor do I care, I accept all hair because when taken care of black hair is beautiful.

just had to get this off of my chest.

To the Naturals do you look down on women with relaxed hair?

And to the relaxed ladies do you look down on chicks with natural hair?

It shouldn't even matter but I just posted this because I have noticed my hair getting dirty looks from naturals and chicks with weaves.

***and I have no issues with weaves, naturals, relaxed, or chicks with longer hair than mine***

mj11051

I'm natural and I look down on no one realxed, texlaxed or whatever. It's not for me and I like you i don't care as long as you take care of your hair and it's looks good. it's just like the women with the jacked up weave calling me a nappyheaded ho*

Eisani

Now u 6 months post...u sure they're lookin like that thinkin "relaxed hef" or are they lookin like :ohwell: thinkin I wish she'd do somethin with that.

hey how have you been? well let me just say that I am natural but i understand completely when you say that your hair gets dirty looks from others. ladies with relaxed hair want to tell me to get a perm so bad all the time and i just keep on moving and thinking to my self (now when my natural hair is finely long these same people are going to say ooo you got good hair) ladies look at me like it is a sin to be natural. i have also been told by quite a few people that i need a perm because my edges look nappy. they act like they want to call the police because my hair ain't straight. :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

I love beautiful healthy hair whether it's relaxed or natural. I've never had anyone give me a dirty look for having relaxed hair (back when I was relaxed) or even now as a natural.

msa

but if one more Natural in real life looks at my relaxed looking hair with an attitude, i'm gonna snap (no violence for ya'll thinking it:).

:lachen:

To the Naturals do you look down on women with relaxed hair?

Yes.

But, I only see women with jacklaxed hair. By that I mean, they have that dirty brown color you get form using chemicals too frequently, edges are gone, pony tail about this *snap* long, thin, dry, with big flakes of dandruff. Those are always the ones that say something about my hair as if I'm the one that looks crazy.

I have yet to see a healthy/pretty head of relaxed hair IRL. If I do, I'm sure I won't have my stank face on.

longhairlover

you are crazy lol!!!! my hair in the pic is six months stretched too. my hair is never a mess...always on point. you can't even tell i'm not relaxed.

Now u 6 months post...u sure they're lookin like that thinkin "relaxed hef" or are they lookin like :ohwell: thinkin I wish she'd do somethin with that.

longhairlover

jacklaxed hair, ya'll are killing me in here lol!!!! :lachen:dandruff, I know a lot of relaxed heads and have gone to school with them and we all had very nice healthy hair.

jacklaxed....i'm still on the floor with that one.:lachen:

Yes.

But, I only see women with jacklaxed hair. By that I mean, they have that dirty brown color you get form using chemicals too frequently, edges are gone, pony tail about this *snap* long, thing, dry, with big flakes of dandruff. Those are always the ones that say something about my hair as if I'm the one that looks crazy.

I have yet to see a healthy/pretty head of relaxed hair IRL. If I do, I'm sure I won't have my stank face on.

msa

jacklaxed hair, ya'll are killing me in here lol!!!! :lachen:dandruff, I know a lot of relaxed heads and have gone to school with them and we all had very nice healthy hair.

jacklaxed....i'm still on the floor with that one.:lachen:

Girl, you must have missed that thread from this summer (I think). There are categories...bonelaxed, texlaxed, relaxed, jacklaxed, etc.

longhairlover

hey i'm fine, your right I guess we place bias on each other, I stay neutral though, I like natural puffs and relaxed hair too,

A relaxed chick will come out their mouth with a natural women, i've seen it. they'll say to the person you should relax and that's not right either.

can't we all just get along????
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

hey how have you been? well let me just say that I am natural but i understand completely when you say that your hair gets dirty looks from others. ladies with relaxed hair want to tell me to get a perm so bad all the time and i just keep on moving and thinking to my self (now when my natural hair is finely long these same people are going to say ooo you got good hair) ladies look at me like it is a sin to be natural. i have also been told by quite a few people that i need a perm because my edges look nappy. they act like they want to call the police because my hair ain't straight. :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

sylver2

Yes.

But, I only see women with jacklaxed hair. By that I mean, they have that dirty brown color you get form using chemicals too frequently, edges are gone, pony tail about this *snap* long, thin, dry, with big flakes of dandruff. Those are always the ones that say something about my hair as if I'm the one that looks crazy.

where do u live?

msa

where do u live?

Los Angeles. But here, most people wear weaves so I'm not seeing that many heads of real hair at all.

When I was in school in Boston I saw some of the most jacked up heads of relaxed hair I've ever seen.

spinspinshuga

My hair is relaxed (or texlaxed? It's not relaxed bone straight, so whichever one that is,) and isn't unhealthy looking, and I get dirty looks from naturals pretty often. I've even had more militant naturals comment on my hair while it's flat-ironed, and I've had natural friends complain as well.

I don't want to be relaxed anymore either, but I do see plenty of healthy relaxed heads...just like I see plenty of raggedy ones...just like I see plenty of healthy and raggedy natural heads. I wish we could all get along too!

growth2come

I am natural and couldnt care less if the next girl was texlaxed??, permed or natural....she has has some crazy do on her hair I will just wonder how she stepped outta her house looking a mess...and then go about my business. I dont have the time to start giving someone the evil eye for having permed hair....is it possible for you those saying they have had the stares...maybe the person was envying you lusious locks and you mistook it for the evils??

GabbanaGirl

Los Angeles. But here, most people wear weaves so I'm not seeing that many heads of real hair at all.

When I was in school in Boston I saw some of the most jacked up heads of relaxed hair I've ever seen.

Yes...there are a lot of weaves out here in Cali..I can vouch for that. I have never looked down on anyone who is relaxed. I don't care how you choose to wear your hair. To be honest I can't tell a relaxed head from a natural. I thought naturals were just women who didn't have relaxers, and not necessarily the style (puff, curls etc). I am still learning the terminology...lol :spinning:

longhairlover

Hi i love the chin length section of your hair, may be my new length for the summer :)

there's waaaay more styles than puffs, but that's just what some of the women wear at the job.

Yes...there are a lot of weaves out here in Cali..I can vouch for that. I have never looked down on anyone who is relaxed. I don't care how you choose to wear your hair. To be honest I can't tell a relaxed head from a natural. I thought naturals were just women who didn't have relaxers, and not necessarily the style (puff, curls etc). I am still learning the terminology...lol :spinning:

MixedBerry

All I want to do is drink and fuhk.
Is your relaxed hair whack? Do you keep it done?

Maybe she was giving you dirty looks because, in her opinion, she generally thinks your hair is whack not because you wear a relaxer.

glamazon386

I was thinking the same thing. Transitioning can leave you looking like whodunit sometimes. :ohwell: People will look at your head like WTF IS GOING ON??!?!?! in a heart beat.

TheNewFine

Why do you think it's because you're relaxed? They could be taken over by the green-eyed monster because you're gorgeous with beautiful, long gorgeous hair. Prolly got a cute little shape too! That will get a dirty look every time!!!!!:yep::yep::yep:

ycj

Personally when I see a woman with her hair relaxed and it looks beautiful I will give her a compliment.....same goes with the natural ladies!!!:look:

longhairlover

you do have gorgeous hair, i will stalk your profile later :grin:.

there will always be dividing with everything. and like yourself i have seen raggedy heads in all forms, textures and races.

My hair is relaxed (or texlaxed? It's not relaxed bone straight, so whichever one that is,) and isn't unhealthy looking, and I get dirty looks from naturals pretty often. I've even had more militant naturals comment on my hair while it's flat-ironed, and I've had natural friends complain as well.

I don't want to be relaxed anymore either, but I do see plenty of healthy relaxed heads...just like I see plenty of raggedy ones...just like I see plenty of healthy and raggedy natural heads. I wish we could all get along too!

GabbanaGirl

Hi i love the chin length section of your hair, may be my new length for the summer :)

there's waaaay more styles than puffs, but that's just what some of the women wear at the job.

Thank you! Can we swap? LOL! Because I love your hair.

That is terrible!!! I tend to look at other women with long hair, but I am generally admiring their hair, and may even go up to them and let them know how beautiful it is and ask where they get it done. I don't think it matters one bit if it is theirs, relaxed, pressed, or kinky. It's the ones who walk around looking jacked up that may get my brows to raising..but I would never show it. :look:
Maybe they are a tad insecure....

longhairlover

possibly they were admiring, but I think this chick was for the evils lol!!! she had this shocked look, because outside of this site, their are chicks out there that feel black women can't have nice long hair.

I am natural and couldnt care less if the next girl was texlaxed??, permed or natural....she has has some crazy do on her hair I will just wonder how she stepped outta her house looking a mess...and then go about my business. I dont have the time to start giving someone the evil eye for having permed hair....is it possible for you those saying they have had the stares...maybe the person was envying you lusious locks and you mistook it for the evils??

GabbanaGirl

Why do you think it's because you're relaxed? They could be taken over by the green-eyed monster because you're gorgeous with beautiful, long gorgeous hair. Prolly got a cute little shape too! That will get a dirty look every time!!!!!:yep::yep::yep:

True True!!!!!!!! May not have anything to do with you being relaxed!!!!

longhairlover

yeah, you probably hit it on the nail but I don't think that way. I can never see how beauty and stuff can cause people to give you dirty looks I guess because i'm not like that, but your right.