If you could only buy one Nexxus product, what would it be?

RelaxednNapulous

Hi everyone.

I recently received a $3 coupon with a Nexxus Pro-Mend sample that can be used for any Nexxus product. I've only used Emergence, I like it when I don't feel I need ApHogee 2 step. I plan to try the Pro-Mend sample on my next wash.

I'm happy with most of my regimen, there are only only 2 spots I'm still trying new products for: shampoo and leave in. I'm using SLS 'poo diluted with aloe juice, keratin and oils and trying out non-SLS 'poo on alternate washes. My scalp doesn't feel clean with any non-SLS so far, but I keep trying.

I like my leave in for rollersets and the rare blow out, but it's only OK for curly days. I tex-laxed before I even knew the phrase. Now I use the silkener technique of mixing conditioner and oils into my (lye) relaxer (thanks ladies for that tip!). I am loving the definition v. the over and under -processed inches from when tried to tex-lax by shortening processing time.

If any other texlaxers have good results with a Nexxus leave in for air dry/curly days or if you've found Humectress/Dualiste/Pro-Mend vastly superior to Sauve Humectant, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks in advance for your advice.

If nothing else, I'll buy a bottle of Emergencee with it.

Last edited:

Nonie

Emergencée and Therappe are the two Nexxus products I'm never w/o. But if I had to choose just one, I'd choose Emergencée.

ladylibra_30

Keraphix Restorative Strengthening Conditioner - This product is awesome! It's the only product I kept when I was ridding my stash of products that contained mineral oil. I'm going to restock when I run out. It's just that good to me, mineral oil and all :)

ETA - Ok, looks like the ingredients changed sans mineral oil??? Unless mineral oil is called something else now...-

Keraphix Restorative Strengthening Conditioner, specially formulated with Collagen and Keratin Amino Acids, gently repairs damaged hair for softer, stronger, healthier looking hair from root to tip.

Ingredients
Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aspartic Acid, Quaternium-18, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hydantoin, Isostearamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, PEG-9, Disodium EDTA, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Zinc Chloride, Sodium RNA, Rhodochrosite, Panthenol, Magnesium Citrate, DNA, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Polyquaternium-10, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Myristic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Ceramide 3, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Tocopheryl Acetate

Last edited:

Lita

Humectress Dc (The one in the silver jar)..That would be it...

Happy Hair Growing!

LABETT

Nexxus Humectin Conditioner works 3x better on my hair than Humectress,provides more moisture and slip.
Humectress leaves my hair coated hard and crunchy. :nono:

Jewell

Salon-version Keraphix. Salon-version Humectress was my fave...but I haven't tried any of the store-version Nexxus products. Diametress for volumizing was good, as well as the Botanoil shampoo.

RelaxednNapulous

Thanks everyone for your responses. Looks like probably Humectress or Emergencee, unless the Pro-Mend sample blows my socks off. I have a lot of conditioner and 'poo, full and sample size to use up.

The coupon is good until December, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a sale.

prettyinpurple

FYI there's a good CVS extra bucks deal this week: Spend $20 on Nexxus and get $10 EB. I'm going to use my $3.00 coupon on this purchase. Will probably try Humectress.

Oh and CVS just e-mailed me a 25% off coupon so I'll be using that too. By the time I use the two coupons and redeem some other EB for the purchase, my Humectress purchase should be in the single digits! And I'll have the $10 EB for a future purchase.

You can tell the couponing ladies got to me, right? LOL