if you had to choose between these 3 relaxers - which one?

if you had to choose between these three relaxers and you had a very sensative scalp?

• Total voters

girlcherokee

i am about to touch up my hair next week - think i have stretched as far as i can go and now i need to choose which is the best to use for my hair and scalp. i have two really important considerations - i intend to self relax cuz i am tired of telling stylist this and having them burn the sh:sad:t out of me anyway.
last touch up was ORS no lye - and that burned me - bad
1) my scalp is super sensative - it burns very easily - very easily - no kidding
2) my hair is not in the best shape but it is doing better - so i need to minimize damage - will follow sistasliks reg for relaxing - but the milder the relaxer the better - but i still need to be straight - asking allot i know

i have narrowed my choices down to:
1)mizani for sensative scalps
2) phyto II
3) profective

lye is not an option - last time i used that - well lets just say i'd be fine with going natural if that is what i have to endure.
please help me choose between these - if anyone has used these please chime in.
I have heard people refer to some relaxers as being milder than others - is there a list some where with this info? how can i know which is the milder of these that is still effective.

Misseyl

i am about to touch up my hair next week - think i have stretched as far as i can go and now i need to choose which is the best to use for my hair and scalp. i have two really important considerations - i intend to self relax cuz i am tired of telling stylist this and having them burn the sh:sad:t out of me anyway.
1) my scalp is super sensative - it burns very easily - very easily - no kidding
2) my hair is not in the best shape but it is doing better - so i need to minimize damage - will follow sistasliks reg for relaxing - but the milder the relaxer the better - but i still need to be straight - asking allot i know

2) phyto II
3) profective

lye is not an option - last time i used that - well lets just say i'd be fine with going natural if that is what i have to endure.
I have heard people refer to some relaxers as being milder than others - is there a list some where with this info? how can i know which is the milder of these that is still effective.

I would choose Phytorelaxer Index II. I also have sensitive scalp and since I started using Phyto Index II I've yet to get a burn, not even a sting and I relax myself so you know how slow that can go.. Phyto all the way..IMO, it's expensive but my scalp is worth it...It also does a good darn job to getting your hair relaxed. I've had professional looking relaxer with Phyto and I do it myself..

Misseyl

2) phyto II
3) profective

Use Phyto Index II.. My scalp is also sensitive and I've been using Phyto Index II for 5 years and I've yet to get a burn, not even a sting. I'm self relaxed so you know how slow that can go and still not a burn and it looks professionally done everytime.

girlcherokee

thanks misseyl! 5 years with no burning or even a sting? thats pretty impressive! do you add anything to it like oil or silk amino? what is your regimen for when you are about to relax? Do you do the protein treatment before you neutralize?

HairBarbie

I love Mizani sensitive scalp, it doesn't burn my scalp at all and it's the only relaxer that straightens my tough hair. You wouldn't feel a thing.

HoneyDew

I would choose Profectiv.

I never have burning and my hair gets very straight and conditioned after my touchups with it.

TG2000

I use Phyto Index 1. It gets my medium, density 3c/4a hair very straight. It also leaves it thick and full of body! I never got burned!

Hairloom

I use Phyto Index 1. It gets my medium, density 3c/4a hair very straight. It also leaves it thick and full of body! I never got burned!
Same here- I love Phyto. Previously have used Index II, but I used Index I last week and am very pleased with the results.

Pheonixx

I'd never tried Phyto...

But I'd go with old faithful: MIZANI.
I used to relax with Profectiv and enjoyed it.

Misseyl

thanks misseyl! 5 years with no burning or even a sting? thats pretty impressive! do you add anything to it like oil or silk amino? what is your regimen for when you are about to relax? Do you do the protein treatment before you neutralize?

No I do not add anything to it.. I usually use a protein 2 weeks prior -- Emergencee, Aphogee -- it takes me about 40 minutes to truly neutralize because you must rinse until it is not longer pink, this is important because I've always relaxed bone straight and I don't experience any breakage. IMO, neutralizing is the most important part of a relaxer because if you don't neutralize correctly eventually your hair will start to break.

poookie

none of the above! i use hawaiian silky. absolutely NO burns whatsoever. i touched up last night with silk elements. it burned like hot fire only 10 minutes into, so i underprocessed pretty badly. BUT the corrective will be w/ burn-free hawaiian silky!

lemme stop, i sound like a spokesperson, lol

girlcherokee

mizani took my hair out. I'm talking if you just finger combed it would come out

lymb,
was this the sensitive scalp formula? did you self relax? just wondering because i had two different experiences with mizani
one was great - no burning and my hair was great afterwards, no breakage or anything, then i went in for another touch up
same beautician, but i think she used a different formula, i knew nada then, i completely depended on her.. and my experience was the opposite, i burned like my head was on fire and my hair broke off afterwards, but since i did not do this my self, and since i have a feeling she ws not paying much attention that 2nd time, just slapped in what she had in stock, not sure if i can really blame the mizani.

Ladylyn

lymb,
was this the sensitive scalp formula? did you self relax? just wondering because i had two different experiences with mizani
one was great - no burning and my hair was great afterwards, no breakage or anything, then i went in for another touch up
same beautician, but i think she used a different formula, i knew nada then, i completely depended on her.. and my experience was the opposite, i burned like my head was on fire and my hair broke off afterwards, but since i did not do this my self, and since i have a feeling she ws not paying much attention that 2nd time, just slapped in what she had in stock, not sure if i can really blame the mizani.

It was done by a beautician. No it wasn't a sensitive scalp. She switched products on me w/o my knowledge. I asked her after my hair started coming out all of a sudden. Then she used the mizani cond claiming that would help she didn't have any other brand, even that took my hair out. I was like :wallbash: how can cond take my hair too. I've only had one sensitive scalp relaxer ever that was my last relaxer the pic in my avi. She didn't want to iritate my scalp due to my long stretches. Not the same beautician. Thank God the one I have know totally supports my hair healthy growth journey.

girlcherokee

lynb,
your hair is beautiful now! i am glad you found the right stylist - i've given up on them because i have had so many bad experiences with them thru the years. even a good stylist would just not have the commitment to my hair that i have.

s1b000

I'm a newbie and have been lurking. I have a very sensitive scalp and tried Phyto II last week for the first time. It was fabulous, my own mother didn't even recognize my hair.:yep:

bbdgirl

I dont know if you are going for "bone straight" results b/c I have used Mizani and it seems to not relax to bone straight, which for me is great cuz I like a texlaxed result. Mizani is very gentle on your hair and scalp. You hair will feel so soft and supple and strong afterwards.

BTW, not to mess up your choices, but I also really like Hawaiian Silky. It is gentle on the scalp and my hair and I really like the results. I used a mild formula added one capful of honeyquat and 1/2 capful of Silk amino acids and my hair turned out silky, for real. I have a tub of Mizani now and I probably will not go back to it. I think I am a H/S girl now. I could go on and on...
I haven't used the other two choices so I cant really offer an opinion.

Platinum

Silly question here...where can I find Phyto? Is it a BSS relaxer or only sold online?

*ETA* I love the Mizani Fortifying Rhelaxer. It straightens my hair without burning my scalp.:yep:

Ladylyn

lynb,
your hair is beautiful now! i am glad you found the right stylist - i've given up on them because i have had so many bad experiences with them thru the years. even a good stylist would just not have the commitment to my hair that i have.

Like anything else you have to be patient. Some people are blessed to be able to do hair and others are simply :nono:. Interview them before letting them touch you. I told her on the first meeting these are things that you are not to do: spritz, blowdry, gel, stove top curlers unless done w/o spritz, cut, or bleach. You are allowed to wrap, rollerset, sit me under the dryer always, dust my ends meaning take off what barely touches the shears and do sew in. If ur not sure something is ok then plz ask b4 doing it. She responded with no attitude she just said someone taught u how to take care of your hair. That was 15 yrs ago. She even does my sisters hair who is probably TBL

girlcherokee

lynb,
i am glad that you have someone that you like - but.. i am convinced that its def not in the stars for me - - and i am not willing to sacrifice any more heads of hair to the search. i like your rules, i bet if i had those years ago when i was dealing with stylist i would have done much better than i did. gosh i was sooo clueless.

girlcherokee

Silly question here...where can I find Phyto? Is it a BSS relaxer or only sold online?

*ETA* I love the Mizani Fortifying Rhelaxer. It straightens my hair without burning my scalp.:yep:

there is a few places here that people here get it - i dont think most bss' have it. atlease i know mine does not. you can buy it thru amazon.com as well - but i think there is a place that has free shipping. maybe some one here will chime in.
here is the link for amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Phyto-Phytosp...s_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1218757206&sr=8-6