If you need some suggestions for building your regimen,

Str8~Curly

Here's a look at mine.

I am a type 3 natural. Between APL & BSL.

Regimen
1. Styling
Wet bunning to waist length.
Back on track w/ no heat.
Occasionally dusting ends when needed.

2. Wash Days

Frequent light shampooing (concentrating a little shampoo on scalp and squeezing remainder through hair.
Deep conditioning with a good moisturizing conditioner often (at least 30 mins. 2 times weekly).
Air Drying in a bun.

3. Low manipulation

Detangling mostly with fingers, sometimes wide-tooth comb.
Sleeping with satin cap, sometimes a plastic baggy for extra moisture boost.

4. Rare protein treatment

preferably keratin and collagen to prevent splits and breakage.

5. Frequent OIL FREE Moisturizing

2 x/day, spritzing w/ a little water first.

6. Multi vitamin

(Nature’s Plus Source of Life Prenatal) and fish oil. 60 oz. Water Daily!

Current Products:
1. Elasta QP Crème Conditioning shampoo/ Occasionally Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap.

2. Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner :lick: (OIL/PROTEIN FREE).

3. Sulfur Solutions Serum-found at dollar tree (For protein mixture w/ Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pack) Bought some Hask Placenta Placenta Henna and Protein treatment- Soon to try! Want to try Nexxus Keraphix Next.

4. Skin Milk Facial Moisturizer right now as my moisturizer b/c oil free.

My hair would be a mess without a little oil in my regimen, but this looks like a great regimen!

Your hair is very pretty :yep:

Thanks Neith;). I can imagine that no oil is not for many people as so many here love and rave about oils.
My hair would be a mess without a little oil in my regimen, but this looks like a great regimen!

Your hair is very pretty :yep:

Just dropping by to let the op know this was so kind of you..Here's to hoping you have helped all the type "3 natural" headed ladies out there!!

My hair is very dry from years of not properly taking care of it. Now I have this blonde color in it. How can I get it healthy and moisturized by keeping this color, while growing it? Also how many times a week is good for co0washing?

My hair is very dry from years of not properly taking care of it. Now I have this blonde color in it. How can I get it healthy and moisturized by keeping this color, while growing it? Also how many times a week is good for co0washing?

I would moisturize often. I do twice daily, but if you flat iron that would cause reversion, depending on how watery it is. However, if you do use heat you may want to lay off of it for a while, especially direct heat. Also, I find that my hair prefers more water, some humectants to keep in the moisture, and no oil.

Some co-wash daily, I do on and off because I love to wet my hair. However, I need some type of shampoo in there at least once a week, sometimes twice or else my scalp feels dirty. The Elasta QP Crème Conditioning shampoo is great. It detangles, isn’t stripping, and really leaves my hair feeling a little conditioned.
Do a good deep conditioning often, check out the “Growing my hair long with DC challenge” or something to that effect thread. Lots of good advice about techniques and products to use.

Some people have really good results with baggying. I do it sometimes. After I moisturize, I just place the plastic baggy over my whole head and sleep with it. People do it different ways, sometimes just the ponytail.

Oh, I posted this link in another thread. It’s a great article written by SisterSlick on determining what your hair needs (moisture or protein) depending on its state. Here it is.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84746
HTH.

i love your reggie... its almost identical to mine except i use oil to seal. its seriously the only diff in our reggies ... well besides my ayurvedic stuff...

Thanks. That's funny because lately I've been reading up a lot on ayurvedic hair care, especially alternatives to shampoo like shikakai powder. That's cool, huh :grin:?

i love your reggie... its almost identical to mine except i use oil to seal. its seriously the only diff in our reggies ... well besides my ayurvedic stuff...

Back