IM A NATURAL VET, AND I AM BORED W/ MY HAIR!!!

Netta1

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...but sometimes...

I get so bored w/ my hair...

I feel its not growing-----> but I know it is....

I just feel BLAH about it...

*end of rant, back to homework*

Last edited:
yeah i feel the same way right now.. I think its because of frustration sometimes. but i don't want to relax or anything I'm just a lil bored with my hair..

Have you thought about color or just flat ironing it just for a change :grin:

Hey LIL!

Girl, I don't want to relax either....

I am afraid of flat ironing... I have not had a color in a long time....

plus...I'm PMSing I know TMI...

I am likely to go dye my hair fire engine red!

HA

Thank you so much for carning LIL :kiss:

Ur Welcome lol right now im a lil over a year and I NEED to learn how to cornrow and the only thing i can do is a puff so im just a lil frustrated yea PMS can ruin your whole day. We all need to vent but keep strong girl P.S. I LOVE ur HAIR i hope it mine get as long as yours :grin:

Stalking fotkis for cute styles helped me get over hair boredom and braided styles have kept me from doing anything drastic.

Hey LIL!

plus...I'm PMSing I know
TMI...

HA

Same here, which makes me very vulnerable. It doesn't help that my coworker is offering to do color for me. We already sat down and picked them out, but I'm nervous :perplexed (I'm not really. I do want color, but I am also going into the mode of leaving my hair alone. I usually want to take a break around this time of year in order to meet my goals before the end of the year.)

She does natural and relaxed hair, and knew from looking at my hair what I was doing to it...darn California stylist knows everything. I can't get away from her :spinning: When we first met, she said "You're bored with your hair aren't you?" I mentioned Manic Panic hair color and she just glared at me :look: but in a nice way.

Thanks VT, the sad thing about it is..my natural hair is braided.. and scheduled to get rebraided this weekend....

SIGH....I am bored...

Thanks for caring VT!

Hey LIL!

HA

As Tommy says on the Steve Harvey Show....ssstop right there (red bolded above). I said the same thing and relaxed my hair. Whatever you do, wait until after Aunt Flo leaves you!!! :blush:

Shoot, I had hormones raging and texturized on 1/1/09 and then turned around (yes turned around) and got a sew in the NEXT DAY!

I don't remember if you answered this already but I'd:

1)get a sew in
2)cornrows
3)semi perm hair color (I think you said no to color)
4)SLAP ON A WIG!

**Holds her fist up*** Stay strong sistah!

Same here, which makes me very vulnerable. It doesn't help that my coworker is offering to do color for me. We already sat down and picked them out, but I'm nervous :perplexed (I'm not really. I do want color, but I am also going into the mode of leaving my hair alone. I usually want to take a break around this time of year in order to meet my goals before the end of the year.)

She does natural and relaxed hair, and knew from looking at my hair what I was doing to it...darn California stylist knows everything. I can't get away from her :spinning: When we first met, she said "You're bored with your hair aren't you?" I mentioned Manic Panic hair color and she just glared at me :look: but in a nice way.

Hi Bloom!

I do have a stylist...but lately my hair has been so blah! Maybe I am not putting enough energy into it..ya know with school....work....business...life

As Tommy says on the Steve Harvey Show....ssstop right there (red bolded above). I said the same thing and relaxed my hair. Whatever you do, wait until after Aunt Flo leaves you!!! :blush:

Shoot, I had hormones raging and texturized on 1/1/09 and then turned around (yes turned around) and got a sew in the NEXT DAY!

I don't remember if you answered this already but I'd:

1)get a sew in
2)cornrows
3)semi perm hair color (I think you said no to color)
4)SLAP ON A WIG!

**Holds her fist up*** Stay strong sistah!

Hi Jet!

LOL, Relaxing is OUT of the question, LOL..neva crossed my bored (chemically imbalanced mind) LOL

A sew-in could work, but its hot outside...

I have cornrows in now..

Color...hmmm maybe (but remember I am PMSing I could end up with rainbow colored hair)

I do have a collection of wigs to choose from...maybe...but again it is hot outside...

Thanks for your ideas Jet!

I feel the same way. :sad:
I'm going to get it braided or twisted up for the next 6 months so I don't have to look at it (hoping this is a case of the watched pot never boils theory) and hope it'll be a few inches longer by then.

Have you had red hair before? Red hair can be very cool sometimes. :yep:

I'm going to get it braided or twisted up for the next 6 months so I don't have to look at it (hoping this is a case of the watched pot never boils theory) and hope it'll be a few inches longer by then.

Don't tempt me winne....walgreens closes in a 30 mins. I have not dyed my hair in a while..normally I let aveda do it...but desparate times call for desparate measures...

LOL

I am the same way. I am no vet but when I get bored of my hair, i braid it up for a few months and dont have to look at it. That way im not tempted to chop it off or sthg.
Try doing some more cornrow styles, maybe add some coloured extentions. Maybe tree braiding or even a weave...

Hey LIL!

HA

I'm right there with ya up to the fire engine red bit. Have to draw the line somewhere. Add to that I'm too darned lazy to get up and go cowash/dc tonight. Gonna be another 'blah' day tomorrow.

I am the same way. I am no vet but when I get bored of my hair, i braid it up for a few months and dont have to look at it. That way im not tempted to chop it off or sthg.
Try doing some more cornrow styles, maybe add some coloured extentions. Maybe tree braiding or even a weave...

Now that you mention that, I just saw youtube videos of crochet braids (which should really be called crochet weave) that would be really cute with colored hair! :yep:
And then you won't have to worry about damaging your hair with color (unless you go to Aveda like you usually do) and it looks easy, inexpensive and less permanent.

Good pics of the style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1vbV4NPQdI&feature=related

How to videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTDxOgUM1vI&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhP5DaXBcok

Now that you mention that, I just saw youtube videos of crochet braids (which should really be called crochet weave) that would be really cute with colored hair! :yep:
And then you won't have to worry about damaging your hair with color (unless you go to Aveda like you usually do) and it looks easy, inexpensive and less permanent.

Good pics of the style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1vbV4NPQdI&feature=related

How to videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTDxOgUM1vI&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhP5DaXBcok

Thank you for these links, may look it to this myself...

I don't get bored but I think it's time for some color and hair ornaments. I bought these cute colorful hair pins and I'm about to henna my hair.

When I feel like this, I twist it up and leave it alone until I get rejuvenated lol

When I feel like this, that's when it grows the most so now, I 'embrace' those 'blah' moments....yeah, that's it....

It's been 10 years for me and I am just now getting bored. I am torn between trying something new and protective styling.

You could always cancel your braiding appointment, or have them do a totally different style. Are you getting extensions? You could try out a new color with that, or get senegAlese twists or something. I wish my hair was as long and thick as yours, girl!

Okkkkay ladies....

So let me tell you what happened last night....

I grabbed the blow dryer and found the flat iron....

I set each one the on the lowest setting and went to town....

When it was all said and done...My hair looked like a blown out afro AND

I still couldn't see any real length only extra puffiness! I couldn't even pull it to my usual BSL! What’s up with that???!!!

And I know it’s long....You know its long... we all know its long...but how come I can't see it???

I may post some pics of the battle this evening…

But I tell you...I think I need to take a long hiatus from hair boards

You ladies have been the best..my hair on the other hand.. BLAH

Thought of a really ridiculous deep conditioning session? Seeing my hair extra supple always makes me appreciate it.

Or a shine rinse/treatment? Extra bling/sheen can lift one's spirits as well.

I hope you get past the Blahs soon, you have far too lovely a head of hair to be feeling blah.

I've BEEN bored of my natural hair and I've only been natural for a YEAR! Or pretty much my hair in general. It's grown significantly from the beginning of June to now thanks to daily cowashing, but thats geeting tiring. If I straighten it, not only does it take forever and cramp my arms, but I have to worry about things like reversion and I'd never step foot into a salon and allow someone to use heat on my hair (I don't even trust my mother anymore :look:). I just feel like putting a weave on it :grin:, but I've never had a saw-in and I'm afraid it might itch. I've considered colouring it, but I only trust henna.

Thought of a really ridiculous deep conditioning session? Seeing my hair extra supple always makes me appreciate it.

Or a shine rinse/treatment? Extra bling/sheen can lift one's spirits as well.

What exactly is a shine rinse treatment? Are there chemicals involved? Is it conditioning? Thanks Golden!

LOl, thanks Country!

I called myself flat ironing last night..but my afro "got indignant"

Ooo I understand the hair blahs all to well. I've been a natural for about 3 yrs until about five weeks ago. I swear I was losing length and I being heId hostage by my curls and kinks.
I made an appointment to discuss telax options (yes back to the creamy crack) then found BKT. So there goes, three years of no chemical.
Netta1 becareful of boredom+blah+PMS. It is a lethal combination!
You're hair is beautiful.

Hang in there Netta1...I've been natural for 24 years (sounds like a lot...I've just been natural all my life :lachen:). Your hair is B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!!! One of the ladies here mentioned trying henna. I say GO FOR IT! It helps with straightening your hair too!:yay:

BTW, when you did straighten, did you do very teeny tiny sections? That always gets my hair bone straight! Roller setting and pin curling my straight hair has kept me from being bored in the past...

HTH!

BTW, when you did straighten, did you do very teeny tiny sections? That always gets my hair bone straight! Roller setting and pin curling my straight hair has kept me from being bored in the past...

HTH!

This was my first (entire head)flat ironing attempt since being natural and I had my flat iron set on the lowest setting plus my hair was already stretched somewhat. I wasn't looking for bone straight and trust me I was no where near it, lol. I was looking for something "Rudy Huxtablish", for a change...but nope.. didn't happen.

using heat (last night) was pointless and a waste of my time...

I just ended up, tired, hot, greasy, bewildered, AND still nappy LOL.

Back