im in love with Nexxus Emergencee

Loves Harmony

Ive recently went back to perming my hair.Ive been struggling with shedding (natural and relaxed). After reading the hair board about Nexxus Emergencee i ran out to Cvs to pick up an bottle.

I went home
wash hair
use the Emergencee for 3 minutes
then wash again
Dc with Aussie 3 minute moist(15 mins)

My hair came out so pretty and no shedding....

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Emergencee is good stuff. It gives your hair a medium dose of protein but is polymetric properties help smooth and hold the cuticle together and helps your hair have more shine and color dimension. Great stuff! I am about to reup and get the BIG bottle.

Nonie

Emergencee is good stuff. It gives your hair a medium dose of protein but is polymetric properties help smooth and hold the cuticle together and helps your hair have more shine and color dimension. Great stuff! I am about to reup and get the BIG bottle.

Wait...what big bottle? Where do you get it from? How come no one's told me about this???? :blush:

Emergencée is a staple of mine too.

gymfreak336

gissellr78

Ive recently went back to perming my hair.Ive been struggling with shedding (natural and relaxed). After reading the hair board about Nexxus Emergencee i ran out to Cvs to pick up an bottle.

I went home
wash hair
use the Emergencee for 3 minutes
then wash again
Dc with Aussie 3 minute moist(15 mins)

My hair came out so pretty and no shedding....

So do I!!!!!!!!!!!:yawn:

Angelicus

My friend, thagirltolove, loves Emergencee but I have never tried it. One day when I was at K-Mart, each bottle was $3.71. Maybe K-mart made a mistake (maybe it should have been $13.71) but I didn't tell them, I just bought all the bottles that were there just for her.

But now, I never see it in stores. And now you all are telling me that there is a big bottle of this stuff.... you all really know how to get the PJ to come out of me. Thank you for the info.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
@simplydebra, are you looking for the old bottle. It is called Polymetrics or something like that. The bottle is gray with purple writing IIRC. I miss the old formula.

Last edited:

bydebra

@simplydebra, are you looking for the old bottle. It is called Polymetrics or something like that. The bottle is gray with purple writing IIRC. I miss the old formula.

Okay, that must be what it is. Lucie I was looking for the old bottle.

I just bought a bottle of the new Pro-Mend Heat Protectant (I was in looove with the old Heat Protexx formula). Nexxus used to work great in my hair until they started changing the formulas and packing. The new heat protectant is pretty good, though.

ronie

I just ordered some on Amazon. I hope I like it! I'm curious about the hydrolyzed elastin in the ingredients.
MileHighDiva make sure to follow the directions. DO NOT skip the shampoo after rinsing out the emergencee. I played around and skipped that part, thinking I will get better results going straight to the DCing phase. Wrong.
I ended up with all kind of breakage the following weeks. I am ashamed to say I did it a couple of times before I realized what I was doing wrong.
Now when I use it, i leave for 15 mns, no shower cap no heat. Sometimes, I use for the 2 mns in the shower as well with same result. I then shampoo again then DC. Good luck; I hope your hair love it.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
ronie

Thanks for the heads up! You know I would've tried to get extra benefits and skip the follow-up poo. Since, you have to do a follow-up poo, I wonder if anyone has just used it as a pre-poo?

ronie

ronie Thanks for the heads up! You know I would've tried to get extra benefits and skip the follow-up poo. Since, you have to do a follow-up poo, I wonder if anyone has just used it as a pre-poo?
Interesting question. I ve always wanted to mix a little with my oil/conditioner mix prepoo to kill time, lol. Let s wait and see if someone will come forward with an answer.

Silverstreaks

Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor is some good stuff! I use it straight when I shampoo my hair; I also made a couple of diluted solutions with it - one with just 1 part Polymedic and 9 parts water and another with 1 part Polymedic, 8 parts water and 1 part glycerine - that I use when styling and/or moisturizing my hair along with my oils/gels. A little goes a long way. Makes my hair feel stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
ronie

My hair is in Heaven! I just used the Nexxus Polymedic Emergencee Reconstructor, my hair is pleased as punch :drink:

I cleansed with the Kera Care Sulfate Free Detangling Poo first then I applied the Emergencee while in the shower and put on a processing cap while I tended to my other business, such as, exfoliating etc. When I rinsed the Emergencee out, I followed with another poo using the Kera Care again per your recommendation and the directions. This is an instant hit, :yep:

Then I DC'd with SD VS, :lick: I repeat, "My hurr is Happy!"

ronie

MileHighDiva That is a great combination of products. Glad your hair is happy. I will be doing the same in preparation of some extension install, but will be using go moist poo and RCA to DC.