Nexxus Emergencee... How long do you let it sit?

Msstarr718

Good Afternoon ladies.. Im about to do a protein treatment with Nexxus Emergencee and the bottle says to let it sit for 1 to 2 minutes.. I dont remember leaving it on that short amount of time.

So to all my Nexxus Emergencee ladies how long do you let it sit on your hair?

soulie

I've let it sit on my head under heat, with NO plastic cap until it hardened, so -- maybe 20 minutes? Major moisturizing DC afterwards, though.

charmtreese

The week after a touch-up I let it sit for 15min no heat. On the weekly basis it sits for 1-5 minutes.

WriterGirl

I've let it sit on my head under heat, with NO plastic cap until it hardened, so -- maybe 20 minutes? Major moisturizing DC afterwards, though.

I use it this way too. But only after the first wash after the relaxer.

zara

The week after a touch-up I let it sit for 15min no heat. On the weekly basis it sits for 1-5 minutes.

I also use it weekly in the shower for about 5 mins, hair will be wet of course. Follow this with 45 mins DC with heat. My hair is stronger than it has ever been. Breakage is also minimal.

Solitude

The one to two minute instructions did absolutely nothing for my hair. After reading about doing it the way mentioned above, I just tried it today & I can already feel a difference. I didn't leave it on for quite twenty minutes. Mine felt mostly hard after about 10-15

nomoweavesfome

this was my staple product, I don't know why I stopped! When i fist used, I kept on for about 10 to 15 , then when I noticed how well my hair was doing, I used every week for about 4-5 minutes. I will be re-incorporating this one back in my regimen.

Msstarr718

this was my staple product, I don't know why I stopped! When i fist used, I kept on for about 10 to 15 , then when I noticed how well my hair was doing, I used every week for about 4-5 minutes. I will be re-incorporating this one back in my regimen.

Hmmm I may be doing this also because ive been having some serious breakage..

yuriko

Ok I only just bought emergencee, and plan to use it next week, is there any reason you can't wear a cap. I plan to wear a cap because I have the soft bonnet space helmet dryer.

soulie

Ok I only just bought emergencee, and plan to use it next week, is there any reason you can't wear a cap. I plan to wear a cap because I have the soft bonnet space helmet dryer.

I don't know a reason that you can't wear a cap, I think it hardens more quickly without a cap. I'm a little copycat; someone had posted about the great results her stylist had gotten by using it capless -- so I followed suit.

Msstarr718

Well I guess not wearing a cap allows it to get hard and I think if you wear the cap it will stay moist. I also have the soft bonnet space helmet dryer and I didnt wear a cap and I had no problems.. HTH

yuriko

Well I guess not wearing a cap allows it to get hard and I think if you wear the cap it will stay moist. I also have the soft bonnet space helmet dryer and I didnt wear a cap and I had no problems.. HTH

Thanks, will definitely try it without a cap

beans4reezy

I used this for the first time today. I let it sit for 3 minutes then rinsed. BROKEN PEICES OF HAIR EVERYWHERE WHENI RINSED!!!! I'm wondering if I applied it wrong?! I've used the APhogee 2 step before with no problems...This is the second Nexxus product to gave me not so stellar results-- I'm done. Isn't there someone on here who said they will take products we don't need anymore...

Stepiphanie

Beans--maybe you should try it with no cap under the dryer for about 15mins until it hardens. In my opinion that is the best way to use it as an intensive treatment. it's much milder than the aphogee, but when I do that the broken hairs stop immediately, and my hair feels stronger!! make sure to wash out carefully and do a good moisture DC afterwards.I think using it 1-3 mins is worthless unless you're doing it weekly.

I used this for the first time today. I let it sit for 3 minutes then rinsed. BROKEN PEICES OF HAIR EVERYWHERE WHENI RINSED!!!! I'm wondering if I applied it wrong?! I've used the APhogee 2 step before with no problems...This is the second Nexxus product to gave me not so stellar results-- I'm done. Isn't there someone on here who said they will take products we don't need anymore...

SmartyPants

I never had that happen.

(1) How did you put it in?

(2) How did you use it? Plastic cap or no? With or without heat?

(3) What did you do after you rinsed it out? Did you comb it straight away or did you do a deep moisturizing conditioner first? Emergencee is a medium protein so you really have to moisturize BEFORE you try to style your hair?

(4) Did you detangle your hair before you used it?

beans4reezy

(1) How did you put it in?

I baggied my head overnight. Rinsed, washed w/WEN CC, then applied the emergencee...
(2) How did you use it? Plastic cap or no? With or without heat?

W/o a plastic cap and w/o heat

(3) What did you do after you rinsed it out? Did you comb it straight away or did you do a deep moisturizing conditioner first? Emergencee is a medium protein so you really have to moisturize BEFORE you try to style your hair?
After I rinsed..the hairs I saw in my sink scared me, so I ran to get a moisturizing DC. I am DC'ing with WEN Intensive Moisture deep conditioner right now

(4) Did you detangle your hair before you used it?

beans4reezy

Beans--maybe you should try it with no cap under the dryer for about 15mins until it hardens. In my opinion that is the best way to use it as an intensive treatment. it's much milder than the aphogee, but when I do that the broken hairs stop immediately, and my hair feels stronger!! make sure to wash out carefully and do a good moisture DC afterwards.I think using it 1-3 mins is worthless unless you're doing it weekly.

Ahhh, I see..I used it incorrectly then...I'll have to give it another try, I purchased a small bottle for $16!!!!

Stepiphanie

Yea definitely give it another try...that stuff cost too much money to go to waste. I see that you're a wen user as well, last time I did emergencee I washed it out, and used the wen fig cc for a few mins to get back some softness, rinsed,then applied dc, works like a charm.

tgrowe

I tried Emergencee for the first time this past Thursday, followed the directions, and I felt it really did not stop my breakage. I posted about it in the "Protein is my friend" thread and Sqzbly advised me to leave it in longer and let my hair dry hard after applying it. Will try that because I don't want to conclude just yet that it doesn't work. Heck, like Beans, I paid $16 for that stuff!

I applied to my hair without a shower cap. I sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes. I detangled before and after ( don't detangle before, because you lose a lot of hair). I washed out completely and detangle with conditioner. It stopped my breaking immediately.

Last edited:

swgirl

I have never used it that way. I always just put a plastic on and sit under heat for 15 minutes. I'm going to try this way tomorrow when I shampoo my hair.

I used Emergencee for the first time this weekend. I applied it after shampooing and worked it through my hair and let sit about 5 minutes. No heat and no plastic cap. I shampooed with Nexxus Therapeee after rinsing and applied my regular moisturizing conditioner then rinsed out conditioner. I was very pleased with my hair. It felt thicker than after using Keraphix. I had been using Keraphix weekly to help with shedding and restrengthen hair after coloring.

I plan to use every two weeks until my hair gets back to normal. I see some of you have used it once a week but I am afraid to do that.

I am a happy Emergencee user.