I'm probably OVER reacting, but AM I LOSING TOO MUCH HAIR?!

BrittanyH26

Hey Ladies,

So this morning, I co-washed using Mizani Moisturefuse (after pre-pooing overnight with ORS Hair Mayo & Profectiv Growth Lotion). The hot water was turned off this morning, so it made my co-wash and shower quite uncomfortable and short. Anyway, I jumped out of the shower, applied Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum + Profectiv Growth Lotion, parted my hair into 4 sections and began to detangle.

I think I lost a lot of hair.

I can't detangle it in the shower because Spain has this whole navy shower thing where you wet yourself, turn the water off, lather, then turn the water back on to rinse off. I am taking internal garlic supplements. I use a wide tooth comb. Any suggestions? Or am I overreacting? I may be...

This is how much hair I lost today. Overreacting? Crazy?

dede1174

I went through a period where I was shedding that much. and I was cowashing like every other day. I also started the megatek and was shedding like crazy any way after a week or two i stopped shedding as much. maybe its the garlic that is making you shed a lot, isnt it like a detoxfier for the body??

cmw45

IF that's a lot then I'm in trouble. I detangle almost ever five days and I feel like I loose a lot more hair than that.

wheezy807

I went through a period where I was shedding that much. and I was cowashing like every other day. I also started the megatek and was shedding like crazy any way after a week or two i stopped shedding as much. maybe its the garlic that is making you shed a lot, isnt it like a detoxfier for the body??
From what i've heard garlic is suppose to stop or reduce shedding.

The Princess

When was the last time you detangle?

Also myself and other females have notice more shedding when using ORS Mayo along with another product, just like you mention you did. Don't panic.

Also garlic is know to slow down shedding or even stop shedding, therefore I don't point a finger at the garlic just yet. Its plenty of threads supports garlic to prevent shedding.

Also some females can not detangle in the shower, which in return get more shedding (pulling out more hair) than outside the shower.

Therefore don't panic just yet. Just review what you did.

Also all that hair on your head, as long as you don't continue to shed clumps of hair like that every day, you will be okay.

HTH.

JustKiya

How long is your hair? When was the last time you detangled? How big is that clump of hair - there is nothing else in the picture to get a good idea of size from.

Personally, I don't think that is a lot of hair, at all. :nono: If it's more hair than usual, you might be going through a seasonal shed.

luckiestdestiny

Doesn't protectiv have a lot of protein in it? How does your hair feel? I tried protectiv and it did not work well for my hair at all. I don't shed that much, and I wash once per week...however we're all different, so I'm trying to gage what's normal for you. Also how often do you cowash and do you get that big an amount everytime?

BrittanyH26

I probably co-wash every 3 or 4 days. And yes, my hair always ends up in a tangled mess, which results in the amount of hair loss seen in the picture. I don't think I like what Profectiv Growth Lotion is doing for my hair either, but I want to finish out the 2 bottles that my mom purchased for me. I will probably switch to other brands upon my return to the states.

I started taking garlic because thought it helped reduce breakage / shedding. :-(

cookie1

I personally love the profectiv line but, I was shedding alot and detangling was terrible for me. I've been switching between the millions of products I have and Kenra MC gives great slip. I just take my big teeth comb straight through it and had no tangling. Maybe you need a good detangler..Also Profectiv's DC have my hair really soft and detangled.

Extremus

How long is your hair? When was the last time you detangled? How big is that clump of hair - there is nothing else in the picture to get a good idea of size from.

Personally, I don't think that is a lot of hair, at all. :nono: If it's more hair than usual, you might be going through a seasonal shed.

^^^^^^^^^ what she said :yep:

ajacks

I probably co-wash every 3 or 4 days. And yes, my hair always ends up in a tangled mess, which results in the amount of hair loss seen in the picture. I don't think I like what Profectiv Growth Lotion is doing for my hair either, but I want to finish out the 2 bottles that my mom purchased for me. I will probably switch to other brands upon my return to the states.

I started taking garlic because thought it helped reduce breakage / shedding. :-(

If you are losing that much every 3-4 days from tangling then that may be alot. If that is 3-4 days worth of shedded hair then that does not look like a lot, since on average you can shed up to 100 hairs a day so 3-4 days would be up to 300-400.

luckiestdestiny

Maybe you might want to give it up. Just a thought. Who cares if you lose the money...money or hair? I am a tightie about throwing away money, but I would put a product to the side if I suspected it was causing breakage or fallout like ASAP

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
If that's a lot of hair, then I'm shocked that I'm not bald! :nono:

Girl, you trippin'. :spank: That's not a lot of hair. Remember that we're supposed to shed anywhere between 50-100 hairs a day. Don't sweat it. Sounds like you're doing just fine...

:blowkiss::bighug: