I'm really enjoying my hair now

lesedi

All is well with me
]Hi ladies,

I have been on my hhj for just over 2 years now and it's only now that im really beginning to enjoy my hair. I stopped being overly strict and see to my hair when it needs it; and style as i see fit. Im not pushing length goals no more- it will happen when it happens.

Im just enjoying my natural 4b hair more and more each day!

Here are a couple of pics:

From this (a couple of months into my journey i think):

Last edited:

hillytmj

Congratulations. It's always nice to reach that point when you can stop stressing and simply enjoy your hair. You'll probably reach your goals faster than expected now.

Royalq

glad you arent stressing for length goals too much anymore. Im at that point too. My hair is now past shoulder length and im just taking it easy and switched focus from length to health.

RegaLady

Very beautiful hair!

I can totally relate! While I take care of it and protect it as much when I can, to overly care for my hair is slavery.

Enjoying one's hair will probably make the "journey" more enjoyable!

Lylddlebit

Isn't that a great feeling? Don'tget me wrong it's great to strive for new lengths hair and all but when I went back to wearing my hair how I just wanted and enjoying it all the time that was better for me because it was a frequent victory vs an anticipated milestone. ENJOY!