The Enjoying Our Hair Thread

How Often Do you Enjoy Your Hair?

• Everyday

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Frequently(Once a week+ but not every single day)

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Regularly(at least once a month but not as often as once a week +)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Sometimes( 6-11 times a year)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infrequently(3-5 times a year)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Rarely (0-2 times a year)

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Lylddlebit

Just wondering...

...how often we each enjoy our hair. I ask this broadly so you can answer based on enjoying your style, enjoying wash day, enjoying how good your hair feels, experiencing hair freedom, meeting that latest milestone, that hair risk that paid off, how often you are reminded how fly your hair is at any given moment, etc. The list of ways to enjoy your hair goes on and on. So how are we enjoying our hair these days? How often are you enjoying your hair?

I do think it is important to enjoy my hair often enough to justify the effort and time I put into it when I do a mental "Cost-Benefit" analysis. I am a natural who wears my hair straightened half the time, but I also love my hair in the natural and stretched states. I consider wash day my "me time" where I lock DH and my little one out of the room and let the stress of life wash away. I also only wear protective styles, natural styles, straightened styles, and stretched styles that I like/enjoy. So, between wash day and cute styles, I enjoy my hair regularly to frequently across conditions and styles. I have bad hair days like everyone else but those are just a cute cap/hat, restyle or wash day away to get away from.

Some years I enjoy my hair every single day of that year and setbacks are nowhere in sight. If I am recovering from a setback or get very busy I sometimes shift the frequency of enjoying my hair to the "sometimes" or "infrequently" category, but that isn't for years on end. When I enjoy my hair less than the "sometimes" category that is a temporary means to an end where I am learning something new or recovering from something serious. Long term, those temporary experiences enhance my overall regimen and hair journey and I consider them worth it.

I feel like my hair has a rewards system embedded into it that I have been privileged to uncover. When it is "Plain Jane" it feels so soft and nice on wash day, which is worth it. When I put a modicum of effort into styling, it looks great and opens up versatility. When I have a dreaded setback (not often, but it happens), I set a timer on how long I allow myself to be mad (1 day to one week). Following that, I set my new goal and I ALWAYS offset my setback by treating myself to a hair splurge to motivate getting back on track to my area of focus. It's hard for me to stay mad at my hair when hair treats are knocking at my door :yahoo: :giggle:

Enjoying my hair prevents my hair from being a burden and it prevents me from responding to it irrationally during a moment of frustration. Also, meeting my hair goals years ago puts things into perspective when I am displeased by my hair. For me, frustrations don't last long, and even when I have setbacks they don't take lengthy times to recover from. Been there, and learned from that. Now, this post isn't to push my regimen or way on anyone else, but I do want visibility to "happy hair" on this board because I know we all have moments of hair frustration that aren't always easy to see beyond. Been there, and gained perspective from that. I also know many ladies on here have beautiful heads of hair across lengths, textures, styles, and regimens they are rocking to the fullest and I want to hear/see more about that! So let's discuss how we have happy hair, however, and whenever we ENJOY rocking it.

The poll is private and you can change your vote to suit how the condition of where you are in your journey fluctuates and progresses.

Please share how often you enjoy your hair and if you are in a good place with your hair please share any adjacent thoughts or processes that help the journey stay enjoyable. Pictures are encouraged. Even if you don't enjoy your hair as much as you'd like but have a great hair day, I would love to see/ hear about it. Happy hair is encouraged. How you return to enjoying your hair after a rut, setback, or being discouraged is helpful too. Hopefully, this will be a thread we come back to the times we get in a rut, become discouraged, have a setback, or just need to be reminded how fly our hair is and how we could get back to enjoying it during the moments we aren't.

Please share your happy hair!

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

Here is mine for today.

I have been meaning to try out my Tymo Ring Plus or my Tymo Ionic Plus, but my hair has felt so good rocking it naturally and smoothing through it on wash day that I have been lingering right here in natural hair glory. Plus, I started replenishing my hair toys back in 2022* as my motivation to get over my last setback and my collection is looking mighty good.

My most recent wash with AG Snow Mushroom deep conditioner( I leave in deep conditioner) and layered with Avocado oil gave me this updo. I love it!

Attachments

• Quck Updo.jpg
    Quck Updo.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

ckisland

Oh this is fun!!

I would say that I enjoy my hair everyday some weeks, but most days typically. If I'm not enjoying how my hair looks or feels, I just wash it :laugh:. I honestly think that my hair is one of my best features, so I love to keep her looking good. I've always enjoyed my hair, but going natural made me learn to embrace my hair in different stages. The only time that I did not enjoy my hair was when I relaxed briefly after being natural for several years. My hair was harder to manage (ironically) and I didn't know how to style it. But outside of that, the 16 years that I've been on my hair journey have been so much fun.

I lucked out and have very easy to manage hair even though I have 3 different curl patterns. I know that a lack of manageability causes so many to dread doing their hair. I'm also not anal about how my hair comes out. My hair is super kinky, so I can't get perfectly smooth curls, and that's okay. My hair isn't as long as I want it to be, and that's okay. I don't play the comparison game, and I think that that keeps me sane. There's always going to be a prettier, shinier, fuller, longer head of hair out there. I stay in my lane and I'm happy staying there.

I am technically in the midst of a setback, but I'm just rolling with it. Did I mean to heat damage my hair? Nope! Am I going to enjoy my straight hair until I'm ready to grow it out? Absolutely :yep:

Lylddlebit

I lov
Oh this is fun!!

I would say that I enjoy my hair everyday some weeks, but most days typically. If I'm not enjoying how my hair looks or feels, I just wash it :laugh:. I honestly think that my hair is one of my best features, so I love to keep her looking good. I've always enjoyed my hair, but going natural made me learn to embrace my hair in different stages. The only time that I did not enjoy my hair was when I relaxed briefly after being natural for several years. My hair was harder to manage (ironically) and I didn't know how to style it. But outside of that, the 16 years that I've been on my hair journey have been so much fun.

I lucked out and have very easy to manage hair even though I have 3 different curl patterns. I know that a lack of manageability causes so many to dread doing their hair. I'm also not anal about how my hair comes out. My hair is super kinky, so I can't get perfectly smooth curls, and that's okay. My hair isn't as long as I want it to be, and that's okay. I don't play the comparison game, and I think that that keeps me sane. There's always going to be a prettier, shinier, fuller, longer head of hair out there. I stay in my lane and I'm happy staying there.

I am technically in the midst of a setback, but I'm just rolling with it. Did I mean to heat damage my hair? Nope! Am I going to enjoy my straight hair until I'm ready to grow it out? Absolutely :yep:
Love this! Especially since you refer to your hair as her and a separate entity lol... "Put some "respeck" on that mane!"(some may catch that flipped reference) lol.

I have some questions about your wonderfully enjoyable hair. If you will indulge me, please.
  1. What are your 3 curl patterns?
  2. When you say your hair is easy to manage, what features of your hair facilitate manageability?
  3. Are the curls you achieve soft and bouncy?
  4. What is your length goal?
  5. At the length it is now what is your most flattering way to wear it?
  6. Have you thought of any ways you are able to wear it with the unintended heat damage that you weren't able to wear before?
  7. Please share the details of what contributed to a fabulous wash day today. (saw that in the random thoughts hair thoughts thread and I love a good wash day!)
There is no such thing as prettier when it comes to fly hair. Other heads of beautiful hair may rock with ya but I have seen your hair shots. Your hair has it going on! May my hair be in that same fly echelon as your hair as we rock ours in different ways pretty lady! Sorry for all the inquiries but your post is what I'm talking 'bout and I want more.

Let's enjoy the everyday beauty, health, color condition, and unique features of our hair!

ckisland

I lov

Love this! Especially since you refer to your hair as her and a separate entity lol... "Put some "respeck" on that mane!"(some may catch that flipped reference) lol.

I have some questions about your wonderfully enjoyable hair. If you will indulge me, please.
  1. What are your 3 curl patterns?
  2. When you say your hair is easy to manage, what features of your hair facilitate manageability?
  3. Are the curls you achieve soft and bouncy?
  4. What is your length goal?
  5. At the length it is now what is your most flattering way to wear it?
  6. Have you thought of any ways you are able to wear it with the unintended heat damage that you weren't able to wear before?
  7. Please share the details of what contributed to a fabulous wash day today. (saw that in the random thoughts hair thoughts thread and I love a good wash day!)
There is no such thing as prettier when it comes to fly hair. Other heads of beautiful hair may rock with ya but I have seen your hair shots. Your hair has it going on! May my hair be in that same fly echelon as your hair as we rock ours in different ways pretty lady! Sorry for all the inquiries but your post is what I'm talking 'bout and I want more.

Let's enjoy the everyday beauty, health, color condition, and unique features of our hair!
That's right!!! My hair got a whole nickname (Xena) when I was first natural LOL!!!
Feel free to ask away!
  1. What are your 3 curl patterns? I have a mix of 3c, 4a, and 4b curls
  2. When you say your hair is easy to manage, what features of your hair facilitate manageability? My strands are coarse, so my hair isn't super fragile and doesn't break as easily as finer strands. My hair is easy to detangle. At my hair's longest, detangling took 20-25 mins tops, and that would be me being thorough. My hair can be webby, but it doesn't matt easily. My hair also doesn't take long to dry, and my wash n'gos would come out the same nearly every time.
  3. Are the curls you achieve soft and bouncy? I would say so!
  4. What is your length goal? Hip-butt length stretched/ APL wash n'go
  5. At the length it is now what is your most flattering way to wear it? I love my hair straight around this length, but my wash n'gos were popping when I was BSL
  6. Have you thought of any ways you are able to wear it with the unintended heat damage that you weren't able to wear before? Besides wearing my hair flat ironed, I can do rollersets!! I'll be alternating between the two.
  7. Please share the details of what contributed to a fabulous wash day today. (saw that in the random thoughts hair thoughts thread and I love a good wash day!) Because my hair is heat trained/damaged, everything was so much faster to do :laugh: . I had time to do my Olaplex treatment without having to rush. Every step went smoothly and I'm really happy with how my hair came out.

Lylddlebit

@ckisland. Thank you so much for this. So often hair gets grouped but the uniqueness from head to head contains so much value and knowledge on the path of getting to hair that thrives while being enjoyed! Great insight, especially on the strength of your strands, overall manageability/efficiency, and the opportunity to whip out roller sets! I love that you Identified the advantage within the current state.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I haven't been able to enjoy my hair the way I want because of my energy level. But I try once a week to wear a braidout every once in a while. I do enjoy my hair more in the warmer months since I get to wet it more often. In the cooler months I might straighten it, but I enjoy that kind of weather because it allows me to hide my hair.

Lylddlebit

I haven't been able to enjoy my hair the way I want because of my energy level. But I try once a week to wear a braidout every once in a while. I do enjoy my hair more in the warmer months since I get to wet it more often. In the cooler months I might straighten it, but I enjoy that kind of weather because it allows me to hide my hair.

Good insight. I have some follow-up questions please.
  1. Is the braid out your favorite style? If not, what is?
  2. When you enjoy your hair more during the summer while wetting it more often, what aspect of wetting your hair more often is more enjoyable?
  3. What are your favorite hidden styles?
  4. Sounds like you may style your hair seasonally, where the season dictates the style, is that the case? If it is, can you shout out some styles that do better in particular seasons? I would find that very helpful.

Mapleoats

I think I have been enjoying my hair somewhere between frequently and regularly this summer and experimenting with different techniques and styles

here are a few of my favourites from the past couple months.
I pressed my hair for a wedding
D0AB0FC6-E6FC-426C-AA83-03CD4DA4A6F5.jpeg4249CC64-28EC-4E8D-A23C-C7E9A8ED2904.jpeg

stretched twistout
1B1EA805-04A2-4DA7-86A4-0B222DC80D28.jpeg

Claw clip updo on blown out hair with airwrap curls ( this one frizzed out the moment I stepped outside. Anybody have recommendation for humidity resistant mousse?)
CE20CCA0-78F7-4C0F-9090-8147C96089FA.jpeg

My rut is that even though I enjoy my hair a few times a month atleast, I feel like I'm not making progress on my hair goals. My dream is WL or beyond hair , but it feels like I've been stuck at my current length for a year now :(.

I do spend a lot of time and money caring for my hair, and even though I find styles I enjoy, it is disheartening to feel so far away from my goals.

ItsMeLilLucky

Good insight. I have some follow-up questions please.
  1. Is the braid out your favorite style? If not, what is?
  2. When you enjoy your hair more during the summer while wetting it more often, what aspect of wetting your hair more often is more enjoyable?
  3. What are your favorite hidden styles?
  4. Sounds like you may style your hair seasonally, where the season dictates the style, is that the case? If it is, can you shout out some styles that do better in particular seasons? I would find that very helpful.
Great questions Lyddlebit!
1. I just started getting into braidouts this year. I never wanted to spend all that time doing my hair just to take it back down lol. I never thought about doing cornrows out, until this year :lachen:
2. I wet my hair simply because my brain starts to resemble a scrambled egg in the summer, and I can air dry
3. My favorite hidden styles are headband wigs/halfwigs with headbands, scarves, and crochet braids, and used to be yarn braids, but I don't have to energy to do them anymore.
4 The season does dictate the style! I hate hats so I steer more towards things that cover my head like crochet braids with accessories (hats, headbands)wigs, headbands on top of wigs, or a hat/headband on top of full wig or half wig. In the early fall, I'll straighten my hair maybe once or if I'm feeling really jazzy, twice. Same thing with late spring/early summer. In the summer I tend to wear my real hair out, so stuff like buns, braidouts, mini braids, ponytails, twist and pins, stuff like that. I very rarely straighten in the summer because I sweat so much in the summer and it just wouldn't last :lachen:Basically I try to keep my scalp as cool as possible in warmer weather and warm as possible as in cooler weather.

Lylddlebit

I think I have been enjoying my hair somewhere between frequently and regularly this summer and experimenting with different techniques and styles

here are a few of my favourites from the past couple months.
I pressed my hair for a wedding
View attachment 490897View attachment 490899

stretched twistout
View attachment 490901

Claw clip updo on blown out hair with airwrap curls ( this one frizzed out the moment I stepped outside. Anybody have recommendation for humidity resistant mousse?)
View attachment 490895

My rut is that even though I enjoy my hair a few times a month atleast, I feel like I'm not making progress on my hair goals. My dream is WL or beyond hair , but it feels like I've been stuck at my current length for a year now :(.

I do spend a lot of time and money caring for my hair, and even though I find styles I enjoy, it is disheartening to feel so far away from my goals.

The Doux Mousse Def & Nairobi Wrapp-It Shine Foaming Lotion are two great ones.

I definitely understand your sentiment about being in a hair rut! I feel that way too when my hair is out of balance or off track with what I know my baseline is, but that is one of the purposes of this thread: to get past the temporary frustrations while our hair is growing and inching toward that next level, even when it is not where we what it to be or enjoy it where it is before it is where we want it to be. What is your current regimen to grow it to the waist? Your hair has a natural thickness so it is definitely waist-bound and may only need a few tweaks to get there.

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

Great questions Lyddlebit!
1. I just started getting into braidouts this year. I never wanted to spend all that time doing my hair just to take it back down lol. I never thought about doing cornrows out, until this year :lachen:
2. I wet my hair simply because my brain starts to resemble a scrambled egg in the summer, and I can air dry
3. My favorite hidden styles are headband wigs/halfwigs with headbands, scarves, and crochet braids, and used to be yarn braids, but I don't have to energy to do them anymore.
4 The season does dictate the style! I hate hats so I steer more towards things that cover my head like crochet braids with accessories (hats, headbands)wigs, headbands on top of wigs, or a hat/headband on top of full wig or half wig. In the early fall, I'll straighten my hair maybe once or if I'm feeling really jazzy, twice. Same thing with late spring/early summer. In the summer I tend to wear my real hair out, so stuff like buns, braidouts, mini braids, ponytails, twist and pins, stuff like that. I very rarely straighten in the summer because I sweat so much in the summer and it just wouldn't last :lachen:Basically I try to keep my scalp as cool as possible in warmer weather and warm as possible as in cooler weather.
lol @#1. I feel that I have to get a few days out of my braids. So my braid-outs are always 2-in-one style lols. I do apologize if you already covered this in the styles mentioned but what is your favorite "jazzy" style on the straightened hair?

Lylddlebit

@ckisland why did I wake up with my hair itching this morning after I wrote a post about my scalp not being itchy yesterday? Not today! Hair, stop playing tricks on me! I enjoyed that laugh related to my hair this morning! My hair enjoyment is not always at the end of a full-out style a major shift or milestone. Most of the time it is the small things that build up to an overall enjoyable experience. Notice the small victories and funny times. Those are on the road of enjoyment.

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

lol @#1. I feel that I have to get a few days out of my braids. So my braid-outs are always 2-in-one style lols. I do apologize if you already covered this in the styles mentioned but what is your favorite "jazzy" style on the straightened hair?
My apologies, I meant if I felt jazzy I'd straighten more than once lol.

But to answer your question, I like to take one side and pin it back. Or I'll pin both sides, and throw a middle or left side part. Sometimes I'll left the hair hang loose, others I'd separate it into a either a bun or two buns, or a ponytail or two ponytails. For example: one time I'd make a left side part, do a flat one strand twist or braid and pin from temple to ear back, and let the rest hang. From there I'd just do variations of that style i.e. two ponytails, two buns, etc. If I want to take the extra effort. I'd cornrow it down, then undo the cornrows the next day so my hair can be wavy. I pretty much do the same type of styles when my hair isn't so straight. It helps to have a go-to style that you KNOW works, so you're not stressing out when a style doesn't work lol. Like for example, yesterday I tried to do 2 (one on each side)sideburn/ear box braids/plaits and meet them in the middle like a head band, but it didn't really work. 1. Because I didn't braid my hair tight enough for there to be waves and 2. Because even though I have the thickness, the length isn't there yet :rofl:

I hope that answered your questions.

Lylddlebit

My apologies, I meant if I felt jazzy I'd straighten more than once lol.

But to answer your question, I like to take one side and pin it back. Or I'll pin both sides, and throw a middle or left side part. Sometimes I'll left the hair hang loose, others I'd separate it into a either a bun or two buns, or a ponytail or two ponytails. For example: one time I'd make a left side part, do a flat one strand twist or braid and pin from temple to ear back, and let the rest hang. From there I'd just do variations of that style i.e. two ponytails, two buns, etc. If I want to take the extra effort. I'd cornrow it down, then undo the cornrows the next day so my hair can be wavy. I pretty much do the same type of styles when my hair isn't so straight. It helps to have a go-to style that you KNOW works, so you're not stressing out when a style doesn't work lol. Like for example, yesterday I tried to do 2 (one on each side)sideburn/ear box braids/plaits and meet them in the middle like a head band, but it didn't really work. 1. Because I didn't braid my hair tight enough for there to be waves and 2. Because even though I have the thickness, the length isn't there yet :rofl:

I hope that answered your questions.
It does. I can visualize it now lol. Thank you so much! I like that.

Lylddlebit

Wash day yesterday evening was lovely.

I am more of a sink or bathtub hair washer than a shower washer(even though I have a detachable shower head). I like the feeling of water pouring over my hair and scalp heavily and I get that from an open spout or bowl.

I saturated my hair under the water spout on full pressure and watched it swell as I felt it get heavy as it softened. I did a light shampoo with Shu Uemura moisture velvet shampoo (discontinued, used the bottle up last night) because I applied some extra avocado oil to my hair during the week to keep it lubricated within the updo. That worked as expected. My hair drank that oil up to keep it tangle-free all week. I also didn’t have any hard or dried-out spots near the roots, which is something I have to monitor to prevent matting. I was able to easily wash out last week’s product and smooth out my naturally-shed hair. Oh hair joy! That sounds so simple, but it was a long and winding road that led to this door and I don't take it for granted lol.

I decided to do a protein treatment with the Ouidad 12-minute deep treatment(also discontinued). I am on my last bottle of that treatment and it was the first protein treatment I loved. It is designed to be applied, left under a shower cap for 12 minutes under heat, layered with moisturizing conditioner over the treatment, then rinsed out. I apply it, put on my shower cap, leave it in for 12 minutes under my hooded dryer, rinse it out then apply a deep conditioner. That adjustment leaves my hair considerably softer than layering the moisturizing conditioner on top of the treatment and it gives me the freedom to leave my moisturizing deep conditioners in when I want to.

I have gotten to the point where I detangle because my fingers don’t glide through my hair smoothly, not out of habit and that is allowing me to gauge the condition of my hair efficiently to prevent setbacks. I have to be mindful of not going too long without a thorough detangle because if I have abnormal shedding, this method will not end well. This method works very well when I am completing weekly wash days and can get ahead of abnormal shedding when the signs first surface. So I will keep it in this, specific, context.

Even though the protein treatment made my hair coils more springy and toughened my strands, I was able to rinse out the treatment without tangles and snags, apply my deep conditioner and smooth through efficiently. One section in the back had some resistance, so used a detangle brush to make sure it wasn't tangling. Once I applied the moisturizing conditioner and brushed through, that section wasn't tangled at all and just needed to be softened by the moisturizing conditioner. This evening I just threw in 6 braids, which is kind of boring, but my hair is incredibly soft, tangle-free, and neat. I also have the option to have a nice braid out or updo in a few days or the confidence of knowing my hair will still be tangle-free by next week's wash.

I am taking a trip at the end of the upcoming week and I haven’t decided if I will keep my natural updos or straighten it for the trip. Either way will be fine. My pressed hair holds up well in heavy humidity, while my natural styles just get softer and plumper in humidity. Leaning into either one will yield desirable outcomes. I just have the habit of straightening every season, unless I am intentionally hiding it in back-to-back natural styles to give myself a hair boost. Right now it is the normal time when I would be pressing my hair again, but I don’t have an urge or desire to press it. So I plan to wait until that urge kicks back in, instead of pressing out of routine and habit.

Yesterday I enjoyed my wash day. I love it when wash day goes as planned.

Last edited:

Mapleoats

The Doux Mousse Def & Nairobi Wrapp-It Shine Foaming Lotion are two great ones.

I definitely understand your sentiment about being in a hair rut! I feel that way too when my hair is out of balance or off track with what I know my baseline is, but that is one of the purposes of this thread: to get past the temporary frustrations while our hair is growing and inching toward that next level, even when it is not where we what it to be or enjoy it where it is before it is where we want it to be. What is your current regimen to grow it to the waist? Your hair has a natural thickness so it is definitely waist-bound and may only need a few tweaks to get there.
Finally coming in to respond to this thread!
I feel like I go back and forth on my regimen all the time. Currently it looks like

I wash anywhere between every 5 - 10 days.
I rotate between three shampoos, a regular (melanin Haircare African black soap shampoo), moisturizing (olaplex no 4), and clarifying shampoo (olaplex 4c). I used to use my clarifying shampoo biweekly but I think overtime it was too stripping and caused my hair to frizz out. I reach for it now whenever the need arises, usually once a month.
I usually shampoo twice, unless I'm clay rinsing then I'll shampoo once and follow up with a clay rinse. I usually clay rinse 2xmonth, as I don't see any added benefit to doing it more often than that.

I usually DC under the hooded dryer with every wash, but if my last wash was less than 7 days ago or I'm pinched for time, I'll apply my DC in sections in the shower and let it sit for a couple minutes before rinsing it out. I don't use or own any rinse out conditioners, only DCs.
Right now my DC stash contains

1. Joico K PAK intense hydrator
  2. Joico moisture recovery balm
  3. Olaplex 4 in 1 moisture mask
  4. Shea moisture manuka honey and yogurt hydrate and repair
  5. Melanin Haircare plumping deep conditioner
  6. Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture conditioner (I have a massive bottle of this which I use as a detangler and rinse out conditioner, though it's technically a DC I never use it as such)

I'm trying to finish up the moisture recovery balm because it's my least favourite in my stash currently.
I will usually detangle either before or after deep conditioner, I use a little paddle brush that is very gentle on my hair and I can detangle my whole head in less than 10 minutes.

My washing process is very streamlined and not damaging at all. Excluding the time taken under the dryer I can cleanse, condition and detangle my hair in 35 mins.

The part of my regimen that I am still "figuring out" is styling. I mostly do twists/ twists outs or blow outs.

I love blowing my hair out but never know how to style it once it's blown out and I usually wear it in a bun.

For my twist outs I will leave the twists in for 2-3 days before wearing them out. So far I have one product combo which I love (melanin hair care cream + wetline gel) but I am trying to find a one and done product for my twists/twist outs still. I'm also experimenting with braid outs and other "quick" styles.

ckisland

Came back to say that my flexirod set lasted a day :laugh: I had to reset it with 4 flexirods and more mousse on day 2. So that was kind of a fail, but I'm not mad about it.

I'll probably wash tomorrow afternoon. I'm still deciding between a braid n'curl or a bantu knotout on blowdried hair :scratchchin: