The Enjoying Our Hair Thread

How Often Do you Enjoy Your Hair?

• Everyday

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Frequently(Once a week+ but not every single day)

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Regularly(at least once a month but not as often as once a week +)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Sometimes( 6-11 times a year)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infrequently(3-5 times a year)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Rarely (0-2 times a year)

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Lylddlebit

Here is my raw, blow dried hair. I had already wet the top. It is very dry looking and wispy. Again, this is because it is 'not finished hair'. It it not flat ironed or pressed in this photo. The blow dry was simply to get it straight enough to trim, not to wear it out.

I am posting a picture because now, I think I will not be straightening again until December 2024.

I can go up to nine (9) months without trimming, historically and do okay. So that's what I am going to do. Unless, I change my mind again.

View attachment 494839
Voluminous and gorgeous!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Smaller sections are good. They can help minimize breakage and to notice the details as you take your time. This sounds like a perfect blow dry session to me. Does hot water work better for you than cool or room temperature? I think the two-hour timeframe is a reasonable one, especially with the results you describe. Also, do you blow dry before the 2-step treatment to prevent tangles or for any other special reason?

Yes to testing the limits, Yes to 8-week thrive intervals. Yes to no tugging snagging, pressing, pain, or stress during the process!

Letting the shampoo sit on the hair for a while really helps to get the full use out of it. Another "yes" to hair breakthroughs on realizing the benefits of teh smaller sections. Your schedule sounds good, but watch out there now! With all that babied hair and breakthroughs, the length and thickness may wow you come December!

I forgot to answer some things, please excuse me.

Does hot water work better for you than cool or room temperature? I think the two-hour timeframe is a reasonable one, especially with the results you describe. Also, do you blow dry before the 2-step treatment to prevent tangles or for any other special reason?

I use hot water because by the time I use it , it has become warm or lukewarm. I use the 2 Step Treatment AFTER putting heat in my hair. I straighten my hair. After wearing it or doing it, the next wash I use Aphogee 2 Step. I do this to put a coating of protein on the hair after the stress of heating the hair. Also, the hair is super clean so it is ideal to get that Aphogee on the hair.

Chicoro

I did my Aphogee 2 Treatment and I ENJOYED it sooo much!

I do two modifications:
- I make Aphogee a creamy foam
-I use the diffuser to dry Aphogee 2 Step on my hair in braids.

It works beautifully!

Here's a post I made years ago to change over Aphogee 2 Step to a foam:

Lylddlebit

I forgot to answer some things, please excuse me.

Does hot water work better for you than cool or room temperature? I think the two-hour timeframe is a reasonable one, especially with the results you describe. Also, do you blow dry before the 2-step treatment to prevent tangles or for any other special reason?

I use hot water because by the time I use it , it has become warm or lukewarm. I use the 2 Step Treatment AFTER putting heat in my hair. I straighten my hair. After wearing it or doing it, the next wash I use Aphogee 2 Step. I do this to put a coating of protein on the hair after the stress of heating the hair. Also, the hair is super clean so it is ideal to get that Aphogee on the hair.
Thank you so much. I ascribe to the treatment of clean hair practice too (especially with pricing items like k-18 or Olaplex). I feel it helps to see if the product is working without having to fight the film of hair products. Thank you for answering.

Chicoro

A huge part of me enjoying my hair is accepting it and embracing it and learning about it. The one thing I learned about my hair is that no matter how long my hair gets, it NEVER never never hangs passed my collarbone in it's natural state. For a long time I was disappointed behind that. That's just not what my hair does. The length that it hides in its natural state is a lovely secret between me and my lovely hair.

Hair March 13th Collarbone.jpeg

snoop

A huge part of me enjoying my hair is accepting it and embracing it and learning about it. The one thing I learned about my hair is that no matter how long my hair gets, it NEVER never never hangs passed my collarbone in it's natural state. For a long time I was disappointed behind that. That's just not what my hair does. The length that it hides in its natural state is a lovely secret between me and my lovely hair.

View attachment 494857

Are the sides and front of your hair significantly shorter than the back? My hair looks like this too and I was starting to freak out about how it might be damaged (still might) but yours is healthy.

Also, the back looks like it hangs past your collarbone.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione

View attachment 494857
This face/profile is so regal like expensive. And your hair lush.

Chicoro

Are the sides and front of your hair significantly shorter than the back? My hair looks like this too and I was starting to freak out about how it might be damaged (still might) but yours is healthy.

Also, the back looks like it hangs past your collarbone.
Yes, I think the front and sides are shorter than the back. My hair is damaged, actually. From the roots of my hair to about six (6) inches down, the hair is healthy because that's the hair I grew since last year using your Clay Mix. The rest is hair that was ate up by shampoo. But it's okay. I'm not chopping off any hair. The back may be just a smidgen passed my collarbone!

Lylddlebit

View attachment 494857
The length that it hides in its natural state is a lovely secret between me and my lovely hair. For emphasis on the joys of shrinkage. Lovely hair!