I'm RELAXING 22 months virgin hair...and I have questions!!

Charla

So after considerable thought (and pain and almost tears) and research, I've decided to relax my hair. (primary reasons are unending knots, tangles, matting, ssk and the countless hours required to deal with it properly if I still want any hair left on my head!)

So I've been doing a lot of research in the relaxer sticky and I think I've come to some conclusions, but I'd really like you ladies to double check my research and make sure I'm starting off on the right foot.

These are all questions! I plan to use my old relaxer of Gentle Treatment (no lye)

Before my relaxer:
  • Chelate and protein dc and moisture dc 1 week before
  • No scratching scalp, of course
  • Base scalp very well the day before and day of relaxer
  • Detangle and remove shed hairs (although I worry how I'll really accomplish this without affecting my scalp.)
During relaxer
  • Relax in top half and bottom half.
  • But not sure if I should start with the curliest hair or the coarsest hair (my curliest hair is med-course. My coarsest hair is straighter and frizzy)
  • Rinse relaxer extremely well.
  • Then chelate shampoo(this should be conditioner not shampoo?) or do I protein shampoo(conditioner?) before I neutralize (since I'm using an no lye relaxer)???? huge question! And totally new idea for me!
  • Then neutralize twice for 10 mins each time.
After relaxer
  • Since I'm using no lye, I should seek out ceramide products (possibly Nexxus)
  • Do I DC after the whole relaxer process? Should it be protein or moisture or ceramide?
Other questions
  • What other no-lye relaxers do you recommend if I don't use Gentle Treatment?
  • Is Quantum ok to use? I already own it since I live in a very hard water area.
  • Vaseline still ok to base my scalp and edges with?
  • As far as maintenance, how often do you recommend I chelate? Every wash (weekly or biweekly) or once a month, etc?
Thanks for all your help.

@sunnieb I'm tagging you b/c you're the only relaxer advocate I can think of right off!

Last edited:

Lurkee

It might be safer to have a stylist relax your virgin hair. You can guide her on the mid protein step if she is clueless.

Why do you need two shampoos? What I do is to rinse thoroughly, then use aphogee 2 minute for a few mins then I shampoo with a neutralising shampoo. It leaves my hair feeling strong.

I usually DC with a light protein. I use ORS relaxer so I use its shampoo and conditioner throughout the process. I think the hair needs more protein than moisture after a relaxer process.

Vaseline is OK to base. Some people prefer oils though because with a pointed applicator, it is easier to apply. Also, if vaseline gets on your roots, it will make you underprocessed.

I still think it is worth going to the stylist for this but it depends on how confident you are about the process.

Good luck.

Charla

It might be safer to have a stylist relax your virgin hair. You can guide her on the mid protein step if she is clueless.

Why do you need two shampoos? What I do is to rinse thoroughly, then use aphogee 2 minute for a few mins then I shampoo with a neutralising shampoo. It leaves my hair feeling strong.

I usually DC with a light protein. I use ORS relaxer so I use its shampoo and conditioner throughout the process. I think the hair needs more protein than moisture after a relaxer process.

Vaseline is OK to base. Some people prefer oils though because with a pointed applicator, it is easier to apply. Also, if vaseline gets on your roots, it will make you underprocessed.

I still think it is worth going to the stylist for this but it depends on how confident you are about the process.

Good luck.

THanks! 2 shampoos? You mean when I'm asking about the mid-protein step? Honestly I don't fully understand the mid protein step, but I'm still researching. ....Oh, the mid-protein isn't a shampoo process? It's a mid protein conditioner? Oh man! I got more reading to do!
I considered going to a stylist, but I honestly don't know of anyone who would be as cautious as I am in my own head. I have multiple textures and densities so I feel I can gauge it better than them. I've actually been doing my own relaxers since I was 12. But of course I never did it the LHCF way, i.e., the right way!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'd also suggest having a stylist do it IF you have one you trust. Yes the mid protein step is a protein conditioner that you apply after you have rinsed out the relaxer but BEFORE you use the neutralizing shampoo. The idea is that the relaxer has opened the cuticles and that is the best time/easiest time for the protein to be fed into your strands. You really do notice the difference when doing this step.

Last edited:

Lurkee

[*]Then chelate shampoo(this should be conditioner not shampoo?) or do I protein shampoo(conditioner?) before I neutralize (since I'm using an no lye relaxer)???? huge question! And totally new idea for me!

I thought you meant you wanted to use a protein shampoo before neutralising. Nix08 has explained the protein step. YouTube is really good for virgin self relaxing. Lots of videos. Good luck and post pics in the reveal thread. :)

g.lo

I am natural, but just wanted to wish you good luck!!! I totally understand, as natural hair can bes! sooooo frustrating sometimes.
My advise would be to get a stylist to do it for you.

crazytrish75

I use aphogee 2 minute after rinsing and before neutralizing as well. I also use Silk Elements no-lye.

As for the neutralizing/chelating part of the relaxer process, I use Mizani Butter blend balance hair bath (smells yummy :lick:). This is a neutralizing AND chelating shampoo with color indicator. You do not have to use the neutralizer that comes with the relaxer, any will do. But this one does 2 jobs in one. I also use this my first wash post-relaxer to make certain that all residue and calcium deposits are gone:yep: The bottle I ordered off Amazon is pretty big, it will last awhile.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
My suggestions:
-Maybe take a look at other relaxers? Start off with a great product that might give you better results. I always used Motions to relax, but this time when I texturized I used Linange Shea Texurizer...and I Love It! Perfect results, and no burn/breakage/dryness.

-Make sure you have your technique down pat if you're going to do it by yourself. Do a practice run through with some deep conditioner, so you can actually feel the process.

-The relaxer process is: Part, Base, Relax, Rinse, Protein (Aphogee 2min or another mild to moderate protein treatment), Neutralize 2-3x's, Deep Condition. I did an overnight Moisture DC.

-The protein is Moderate-Hard the week before, Mild-Moderate during, and Moderate-Hard a week after.

-Monitor your ends...you may need to trim in the following weeks.

I got exactly what I wanted by doing it myself, but it's something I'd done before. I'd also researched the kind of texurizer, and the method. Best of luck, and can't wait to see the big reveal!

Charla

I am natural, but just wanted to wish you good luck!!! I totally understand, as natural hair can bes! sooooo frustrating sometimes.
My advise would be to get a stylist to do it for you.
Thank you!

I use aphogee 2 minute after rinsing and before neutralizing as well. I also use Silk Elements no-lye.

As for the neutralizing/chelating part of the relaxer process, I use Mizani Butter blend balance hair bath (smells yummy :lick:). This is a neutralizing AND chelating shampoo with color indicator. You do not have to use the neutralizer that comes with the relaxer, any will do. But this one does 2 jobs in one. I also use this my first wash post-relaxer to make certain that all residue and calcium deposits are gone:yep: The bottle I ordered off Amazon is pretty big, it will last awhile.

These products sound nice. THanks for the suggestions!

My suggestions:
-Maybe take a look at other relaxers? Start off with a great product that might give you better results. I always used Motions to relax, but this time when I texturized I used Linange Shea Texurizer...and I Love It! Perfect results, and no burn/breakage/dryness.

-Make sure you have your technique down pat if you're going to do it by yourself. Do a practice run through with some deep conditioner, so you can actually feel the process.

-The relaxer process is: Part, Base, Relax, Rinse, Protein (Aphogee 2min or another mild to moderate protein treatment), Neutralize 2-3x's, Deep Condition. I did an overnight Moisture DC.

-The protein is Moderate-Hard the week before, Mild-Moderate during, and Moderate-Hard a week after.

-Monitor your ends...you may need to trim in the following weeks.

I got exactly what I wanted by doing it myself, but it's something I'd done before. I'd also researched the kind of texurizer, and the method. Best of luck, and can't wait to see the big reveal!
Thank you! I appreciate the protein harndness breakdown too. That's a great idea to practice. I think I'll do just that when I do my protein DC and moisture DC before hand. And I will look into te Linage too

reeko43

Hoping the best for your hair. I hope you go to a stylist. I would hate for you to have a bad experience. Can't wait to see the pictures!

sunnieb

Charla - The lovely ladies of LHCF have given you some excellent advice! I think you should go to a salon for your virgin relaxer though. :yep:

However, I'll add my 2 cents on self-relaxing as well:

Before my relaxer:

Chelate and protein dc and moisture dc 1 week before
No scratching scalp, of course
Base scalp very well the day before and day of relaxer
Detangle and remove shed hairs (although I worry how I'll really accomplish this without affecting my scalp.)

Sounds like a good plan. You can try to mostly finger-detangle if you are worried about irritating your scalp

During relaxer

Relax in top half and bottom half.
But not sure if I should start with the curliest hair or the coarsest hair (my curliest hair is med-course. My coarsest hair is straighter and frizzy)
Rinse relaxer extremely well.
Then chelate shampoo(this should be conditioner not shampoo?) or do I protein shampoo(conditioner?) before I neutralize (since I'm using an no lye relaxer)???? huge question! And totally new idea for me!
Then neutralize twice for 10 mins each time.

I would start with the coarsest hair this time and curliest hair next relaxer. Keep rotating and don't begin relaxing in the same spot with every relaxer. Do the protein mid-relaxer (5 minutes) step right after rinsing out the relaxer. Start neutralizing immediately afterwards.

After relaxer
Since I'm using no lye, I should seek out ceramide products (possibly Nexxus)
Do I DC after the whole relaxer process? Should it be protein or moisture or ceramide?

I love Nexxus products! I use Therrappe Shampoo and Humectress Conditioner religiously. Always do a moisturizing dc after relaxing. I dc for 30 minutes or so.

Other questions

What other no-lye relaxers do you recommend if I don't use Gentle Treatment?
Is Quantum ok to use? I already own it since I live in a very hard water area.
Vaseline still ok to base my scalp and edges with?
As far as maintenance, how often do you recommend I chelate? Every wash (weekly or biweekly) or once a month, etc?

I've used Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp for years with no problems. For the hard water, I believe you can purchase a shower filter to help with that. There's a thread around here that addresses that.

I use vaseline to base my edges and tops of my ears AND the ends of my hair. Love that stuff!

I clarify weekly with Suave Daily Clarifying. I've definitely see a difference in my hair's volume and body with weekly clarifying

You can also check you my self-relaxing album for pics of each step I take.

http://public.fotki.com/sunnieb/how-i-self-relax-2011/how-i-self-relax/

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do! :)

Charla

thank you! Boy yall got me scared of doing this myself. That may be a good thing, because Im so hesitant to relax. I just feel like its my last resort. So, determined to do this right, I decided it would be smart to do strand tests for the relaxer to determine proper processing time from strands on different parts of my head. Then when I stood back to look at it, I recalled the Komaza thread and it dawned on me to send them these samples before I relax! So I went to order it, and it said out of stock!:ohwell: but I'm gonna call them tomorrow to see what's up. I got to at least try this one last thing first.
Charla - The lovely ladies of LHCF have given you some excellent advice! I think you should go to a salon for your virgin relaxer though. :yep:

However, I'll add my 2 cents on self-relaxing as well:

Before my relaxer:

Chelate and protein dc and moisture dc 1 week before
No scratching scalp, of course
Base scalp very well the day before and day of relaxer
Detangle and remove shed hairs (although I worry how I'll really accomplish this without affecting my scalp.)

Sounds like a good plan. You can try to mostly finger-detangle if you are worried about irritating your scalp

During relaxer

Relax in top half and bottom half.
But not sure if I should start with the curliest hair or the coarsest hair (my curliest hair is med-course. My coarsest hair is straighter and frizzy)
Rinse relaxer extremely well.
Then chelate shampoo(this should be conditioner not shampoo?) or do I protein shampoo(conditioner?) before I neutralize (since I'm using an no lye relaxer)???? huge question! And totally new idea for me!
Then neutralize twice for 10 mins each time.

I would start with the coarsest hair this time and curliest hair next relaxer. Keep rotating and don't begin relaxing in the same spot with every relaxer. Do the protein mid-relaxer (5 minutes) step right after rinsing out the relaxer. Start neutralizing immediately afterwards.

After relaxer
Since I'm using no lye, I should seek out ceramide products (possibly Nexxus)
Do I DC after the whole relaxer process? Should it be protein or moisture or ceramide?

I love Nexxus products! I use Therrappe Shampoo and Humectress Conditioner religiously. Always do a moisturizing dc after relaxing. I dc for 30 minutes or so.

Other questions

What other no-lye relaxers do you recommend if I don't use Gentle Treatment?
Is Quantum ok to use? I already own it since I live in a very hard water area.
Vaseline still ok to base my scalp and edges with?
As far as maintenance, how often do you recommend I chelate? Every wash (weekly or biweekly) or once a month, etc?

I've used Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp for years with no problems. For the hard water, I believe you can purchase a shower filter to help with that. There's a thread around here that addresses that.

I use vaseline to base my edges and tops of my ears AND the ends of my hair. Love that stuff!

I clarify weekly with Suave Daily Clarifying. I've definitely see a difference in my hair's volume and body with weekly clarifying

You can also check you my self-relaxing album for pics of each step I take.

http://public.fotki.com/sunnieb/how-i-self-relax-2011/how-i-self-relax/

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do! :)

aquajoyice

Hi OP

I was texlaxed before my 2 year transition to natural but this was the first time i've applied to virgin hair. I'm not sure the type of results you're interested in attaining. Are you looking for bone straight hair or texlaxed?

Here's my process for texlaxing virgin hair.

I didn't wash for a week and used heavy products such as Eco Styler gel and EVOO. This wasn't done intentionally since I had no idea I was going to texlax.

Created 6 parts on each half making a total of 12 sections
Began applying at the bottom half leaving the perimeter last then left on for 5 min. I don't smooth the relaxer through and place it in a small bantu knot until the 5 min is up.

Rinsed bottom half and washed with neutralizing shampoo.
Applied conditioner to bottom half then completed the top half.

I didn't have any protein treatments available so I used Porosity Control and deep conditioned after. Moving forward I plan to texlax every 5 - 6 months making sure to apply vaseline to my previously texlaxed hair.

My go to style now are wash n' gos. I treat my hair as if it's natural only using african black soap to wash scalp and co-wash most of the time. Low-manipulation and lots of moisture.

Charla

aquajoyice thanks for this info, and your hair turned out beautiful! I'm glad you got the exact result you were going for. If I do relax, I'm going toward the bone straight side because i have several textures and curl patterns, but not exactly bone-bone straight.

But I'm taking a cool off period of at least a month to make sure relaxing is the right choice for me. Right now I have too many doubts and unanswered questions. If I relaxed right now, it would not be in the same vein of conviction that I had when I BCd years ago or when I re-relaxed 3 months later or when I BCd again this time around.

I appreciate everybody's advice and I'm going to hold on to it for when I KNOW the time is right.

Hi OP

I was texlaxed before my 2 year transition to natural but this was the first time i've applied to virgin hair. I'm not sure the type of results you're interested in attaining. Are you looking for bone straight hair or texlaxed?

Here's my process for texlaxing virgin hair.

I didn't wash for a week and used heavy products such as Eco Styler gel and EVOO. This wasn't done intentionally since I had no idea I was going to texlax.

Created 6 parts on each half making a total of 12 sections
Began applying at the bottom half leaving the perimeter last then left on for 5 min. I don't smooth the relaxer through and place it in a small bantu knot until the 5 min is up.

Rinsed bottom half and washed with neutralizing shampoo.
Applied conditioner to bottom half then completed the top half.

I didn't have any protein treatments available so I used Porosity Control and deep conditioned after. Moving forward I plan to texlax every 5 - 6 months making sure to apply vaseline to my previously texlaxed hair.

My go to style now are wash n' gos. I treat my hair as if it's natural only using african black soap to wash scalp and co-wash most of the time. Low-manipulation and lots of moisture.

Charla

Charla did you consider keratin treatments?
Napp thanks! Is that the same as BKT? My WL partner-in-crime, tallnomad, just suggested that as an alternative, but I don't know anything about it besides seeing YouTube ladies do it wearing gas masks!

Is that this same as keratin treatments. I'd appreciate any insight you have. Off to research!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp thanks! Is that the same as BKT? My WL partner-in-crime, tallnomad, just suggested that as an alternative, but I don't know anything about it besides seeing YouTube ladies do it wearing gas masks!

Is that this same as keratin treatments. I'd appreciate any insight you have. Off to research!

Keratin treatments have changed in formula over time. now there are safer options that do not use dangerous chemicals

here is a thread about them

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=611531

i have been doing alot of research about the new ones. there are quite a few that are not mentioned in the forums.(its not that popular)

I am currently trying out a few different brands

here is a youtube channel about the one i will be trying next. they have before and after on afro textured hair.

http://www.youtube.com/user/deliciadouglas?feature=watch

i love the way KT makes my hair act. i dont want a relaxer if i can get the control i desire with a Keratin treatment.

Charla

Keratin treatments have changed in formula over time. now there are safer options that do not use dangerous chemicals

here is a thread about them

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=611531

i have been doing alot of research about the new ones. there are quite a few that are not mentioned in the forums.(its not that popular)

I am currently trying out a few different brands

here is a youtube channel about the one i will be trying next. they have before and after on afro textured hair.

http://www.youtube.com/user/deliciadouglas?feature=watch

i love the way KT makes my hair act. i dont want a relaxer if i can get the control i desire with a Keratin treatment.

I really appreciate this! The qod sounds interesting! http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=564641&highlight=keratin&page=3

aquajoyice

aquajoyice thanks for this info, and your hair turned out beautiful! I'm glad you got the exact result you were going for. If I do relax, I'm going toward the bone straight side because i have several textures and curl patterns, but not exactly bone-bone straight.

But I'm taking a cool off period of at least a month to make sure relaxing is the right choice for me. Right now I have too many doubts and unanswered questions. If I relaxed right now, it would not be in the same vein of conviction that I had when I BCd years ago or when I re-relaxed 3 months later or when I BCd again this time around.

I appreciate everybody's advice and I'm going to hold on to it for when I KNOW the time is right.

Thank-you Charla, :)

I agree it's best to wait it out until you feel 100% confident about it. My fear was using a chemical than regretting it after. If you decide to relax, start with the coarse hair since this hair can be a little more resistant. Keep us posted on your decision.

NickiStar

Hi Charla!
I know I'm pretty late with this and Idk if you relaxed your hair at this point, but I wanted to add that while I agree with other posters about getting a professional to do it, I can certainly understand your hesitance. Quite frankly, I wouldn't trust anyone doing my relaxer either. I relaxed my own hair after a 16 month stretch so I thought I'd offer some advice :) I'm also a relative newbie

-I was looking for more of a texlaxed result so I did not chelate or clarify the week before. Instead I used a sulfate free cleanser (Hair One condition cleanser). If you prefer bone-straight, then go ahead and clarify. I used Aphogee 2 min. reconstructor and mixed chicks deep conditioner (moisture) to condition. I detangled fully at this step so that minimal detangling would be needed during the week.
-Again, because I desired a less straight appearance, I used a protein moisturizer during the week (3 days prior): Cantu shea butter moisturizer. However, if you want a bone-straight appearance, you may consider less product application in the days leading up to your relaxer.
-On the day of I based my scalp with vaseline (protected my relaxed ends, which you wont have to worry about). I also added a little bit of jojoba oil to the new growth (to leave a little texture). You can skip this step if you want a bone straight appearance
-I added 1/4 cup of olive oil to my phytospecific index II relaxer. This amount can be adjusted, but I knew I would need the full amount of time to process my hair as a newbie and this slowed the course of action of the relaxer. Again, you may elect to skip this step if you want bone-straight hair, but I would recommend it even so if you feel that you may need additional application time.
-I relaxed the front of my hair and got my mom to relax the back at the same time, which cut down on application time. Of course I trained her on exactly what I wanted her to do prior to applying.
-Mid-protein step with Aphoee 2 min reconstructor
- Neutalized for 1 hour (yes, 1 full hour!). You can probably neutralize less than this, but I would recommend at least 30 minutes. You really want to stop the course of action of the relaxer and improper neutralization is a big cause of breakage. I neutralize for longer to be on the safe side. Also, you would want to let the neutralizer sit on the hair for a few minutes undisturbed. I did this a few times during the course of an hour.
-Deep conditioned with heat with the conditioner that came with my relaxer (my best guess is that it is a mild protein).
-After your relaxer, you will want to closely monitor your hair's needs for moisture and protein. In the the days immediately following your relaxer, I feel it is best to moisturize and seal daily. Within one week or sooner, you will want to wash (best to chelate if you use a no-lye relaxer), and give your hair a mild to moderate protein treatment if you did the mid protein step and possibly a heavy protein if you skipped that step. Also, at this junction, I avoided heat.

Also, I want to add that I "practiced" application with conditioner the week prior. I made sure to time it. Other tips I might suggest are investing in a good pair of gloves because well fitting gloves really speed the application process.

My last and final words of advice are to only relax when you feel 100% ready and feel you have done all of your research first. Address any breakage issues prior to relaxing. Once you feel ready, be confident in your ability to care for your hair! HTH

sckri23

I base with grease the day before it softens my ng so I can part my hair easier the day of the relaxer

Everything else including the advice sounds right on point. I suggest going to a salon then doing your later relaxers by yourself. Do you wanna texlax or just relax?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

Last edited:

Charla

NickiStar Thank you for these amazing details! I have decided to attempt heat training as a last resort before I finalize my decision to relax. I've done one session so far and I can tell there's going to be a huge learning curve in getting this right although I'm happy with the results so far considering my inexperience with using direct heat the right way.

But I do appreciate the info you provided because if I do decide to relax, I will be going thru these posts with a fine-toothed comb!
Hi Charla!
I know I'm pretty late with this and Idk if you relaxed your hair at this point, but I wanted to add that while I agree with other posters about getting a professional to do it, I can certainly understand your hesitance. Quite frankly, I wouldn't trust anyone doing my relaxer either. I relaxed my own hair after a 16 month stretch so I thought I'd offer some advice :) I'm also a relative newbie

-I was looking for more of a texlaxed result so I did not chelate or clarify the week before. Instead I used a sulfate free cleanser (Hair One condition cleanser). If you prefer bone-straight, then go ahead and clarify. I used Aphogee 2 min. reconstructor and mixed chicks deep conditioner (moisture) to condition. I detangled fully at this step so that minimal detangling would be needed during the week.
-Again, because I desired a less straight appearance, I used a protein moisturizer during the week (3 days prior): Cantu shea butter moisturizer. However, if you want a bone-straight appearance, you may consider less product application in the days leading up to your relaxer.
-On the day of I based my scalp with vaseline (protected my relaxed ends, which you wont have to worry about). I also added a little bit of jojoba oil to the new growth (to leave a little texture). You can skip this step if you want a bone straight appearance
-I added 1/4 cup of olive oil to my phytospecific index II relaxer. This amount can be adjusted, but I knew I would need the full amount of time to process my hair as a newbie and this slowed the course of action of the relaxer. Again, you may elect to skip this step if you want bone-straight hair, but I would recommend it even so if you feel that you may need additional application time.
-I relaxed the front of my hair and got my mom to relax the back at the same time, which cut down on application time. Of course I trained her on exactly what I wanted her to do prior to applying.
-Mid-protein step with Aphoee 2 min reconstructor
- Neutalized for 1 hour (yes, 1 full hour!). You can probably neutralize less than this, but I would recommend at least 30 minutes. You really want to stop the course of action of the relaxer and improper neutralization is a big cause of breakage. I neutralize for longer to be on the safe side. Also, you would want to let the neutralizer sit on the hair for a few minutes undisturbed. I did this a few times during the course of an hour.
-Deep conditioned with heat with the conditioner that came with my relaxer (my best guess is that it is a mild protein).
-After your relaxer, you will want to closely monitor your hair's needs for moisture and protein. In the the days immediately following your relaxer, I feel it is best to moisturize and seal daily. Within one week or sooner, you will want to wash (best to chelate if you use a no-lye relaxer), and give your hair a mild to moderate protein treatment if you did the mid protein step and possibly a heavy protein if you skipped that step. Also, at this junction, I avoided heat.

Also, I want to add that I "practiced" application with conditioner the week prior. I made sure to time it. Other tips I might suggest are investing in a good pair of gloves because well fitting gloves really speed the application process.

My last and final words of advice are to only relax when you feel 100% ready and feel you have done all of your research first. Address any breakage issues prior to relaxing. Once you feel ready, be confident in your ability to care for your hair! HTH

NickiStar

Charla, Your'e very welcome! I was like you and very hesitant to relax (hence the 16 month stretch)! Personally, I don't regret it. Good luck with your heat training!

sckri23 That sounds like a great tip! I will be trying that the next time around. I have noticed that while I would never use grease in my regular regimen, it definitely has a softening effect that could only help with the relaxer process many weeks post!

30something

I have nothing to add but moral support and I hope you share pictures of your relaxed hair and the relaxer resolve any issues you have with your hair.

Are you trying to get bone straight results?

Charla

shortdub78 said:
i think you should relax! you won't regret it! and you will have a nice length to work with!

Thanks shortdub78 I relaxed yesterday, and I don't regret it one bit! Don't have any pics because I was like`what now?` so I did what I do for my blown out hair, braid and curl. And tomorrow she's going back in celies under a wig! lenght is 2 inches above apl- I had to do alot if ccutting for ssks :-(

But that's okay, back to the growth track now!