I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azalia

I\'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I've been the board now for 9 months and I've had too many set backs to count. Initially I was so obssesed with the hair I had to drop out of site and concentrate on other things. I would grab my mirror every single day and look at my length on my back and either measure or try to picture my length at bra-strap
. I bought every product that anyone raved over and guess what I put all of of it on my hair and each time I would always here Adrienne say keep it simple "Thanks Adrieene" and on top of all that I was taking soo many vitamtins I just couldn't take it any more I did not see the progress that I intially had so I decided just to quit which is not the norm in my case. I decided to do something different I just wanted to give my hair a break so I got my natural hair cornrolled and I went and brought a wig. Due to all the damage that I did to my hair before getting it cornrolled I did an aphogee treatment and then got the cornrolls. I had this stubborn hole in my hair right at the base of length. My stylist filled the hole in with all of the deep condition treatments and stimulations that she gave my scalp and hair. My hair was beautiful until I went to this witch that cut 3inches off instead of giving me a trim
all those vitamins and hard work went right down the drain and that set back was hard to shake. Well now the good part, I took my braids down and got my relaxer yesterday and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE my hole filled in almost all the way and I gained like 2 inches and my hair is absolutely beautiful it has body and with every movement shakes out of control. It is so thick I can't keep my hands out of my hair. I love the way hair feels on my back
. I'm so excited I could just jump up and down. The sides of my hair was really short and the back of my hair at all the length now my sides are trying to catch up. I still have a way to go but my goal is to be at bra-strap by Dec 6 on my birthday. I will post pictures soon I had all the pictures that I've been meaning to post but one of my clients stole my digital camera that I bought specifically for taking photos of my hair out of my truck
and I never got around to downloading the photos on my computer but anyway I must say now I'm back on the right track with some good length to go with that yip peee!!!!!!
Sorry I can't proof read so excuse anything that is wrong I have to run but I had to post because I'm soooooo happy!

EXSQUISIT

Re: I\'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's awesome..i am glad u r getting back to where u want to be....these ladies are a Godsend. I'm happy for you!!!!

Robin41

Success is sweeeeeeet! Keep up the good work. Are you going back to cornrows or leaving your hair out now?

Azalia

Okay this is the deal I didn't have the time to tell you guys the rest of my story. Okay I've been on the board now for 9months and I started out wearing a sew-in and I got great progress with that. I also started out with great vitamins Puritan Pride"Thanks Jade". I really feel like that help me out alot. I got tired of wearing the weave and my hair grew so much I was comfortable with my length to wear so I went natural and was so excited. I could put my hair in a high ponytail and it would still touch my neck. I went to this sylist that normally cuts my hair and I had not been to her in a while becuase I had the sew-in but with my vitamin in take and my regimen I got at least an inch or more a month so it was major difference. I think if you go into my profile you can see photos there. Well this lady could not believe that my hair grew that much and she ask me how did I get it to grow that long and I just told her taking care of it and vitamins well she cut three inches of my hair off and told me that it was dead hair I was so angry. So it's been downhill every since, but now things are looking up for me. I hate to make this so long but I guess because I've been so depressed I could'nt even post. I went to the salon yesterday and my hair had grown so long that I really didn't need a weave but I did get 2 tracks added for length although I have length I'm just used to wearing long hair but that did'nt work because my hair is so thick that it just sat on top of the track like a tale it looked awful so she just cut the 2 tracks the same length of my hair. The tracks are very thin I ordered them from His and Her hair goods but all of my hair over the 2 tracks which I really don't need looks fantastic and yes I will do the cornrolls again with the wig maybe in a couple of months because I had such great success with this style. I'm just a happy camper. I feel kinda of funny though because everytime I turn my head my hair shake and I think to myself I hope no one thinks I'm trying to shake my on purpose
that so silly I know.

Ginn1

You just keep shaking that hair girl. I purchased a wig today and am thinking about using it to grow out my hair too. Oh I can't wait to be able to shake it myself.

Peachtree

Hi Azalia

I'm sooo happy for u girlie.
Those set backs were major...but u pulled right through 'em. YEAH

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It is so thick I can't keep my hands out of my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well lil miss missy, with all this thick, flowing hair, listen up... KEEP THOSE ANXIOUS LIL HANDS OUT OF THAT HAIR OF YOURS... LET'S KEEP IT NICE &amp; STRONG WHICH SOMETIMES MEANS LITTLE MANIPULATION....OK

Again, congrats on your wonderful achievement

God Bless,
Peachtree

sweetcocoa

Hey Azalia I know you are feeling good! Be sure to join us in the Summer challenge!

Armyqt

Congrats Azalia. I remember that setback you had. I'm glad to see you doing so well. Keep us posted

Kitkat

Wheeee!!!
I'm so happy for you. Keep it up, girly, keep it up!

elliot

I am glad to hear that you are reaping the benefits of your hard work.

godzooki

Hmm...I replied to this but didnt see so just in case it pops up later you'll know why there two congrats! I love hearing hair success stories!

adrienne0914

azalia, i was wondering what had happened to you. i'm glad to see you posting again!

as upsetting as the setback was, it is true that it will grow back. i'm glad that you turned things around and with a vengeance!!

Azalia

Thanks Ladies you guys really know how to lift a sisters spirit up Thank you soooo much. <font color="blue"> </font> "Hey Adrienne" <font color="black"> </font> Yes that set back hit me pretty hard and I did give up along with not taking my vitamins anymore but that only lasted for a little while and I just looked at my hair one day and said I can't go out like this. I want my hair at bra-strap length by my b-day so I just got up swinging. My regimen was:
*Oiled scalp with WG every other day
*Took my pantene leave-in that was almost gone and added MB conditioner and H20, and then sprayed a couple times a day.
*I also used S-curl once a week didn't want scalp to itch too bad
*Last every single night I moisturized my ends with olive oil WHAT A DIFFERENCE THIS MADE ON MY DAMAGED ENDS IT LEFT MY ENDS SOOOOO SOOOFT and HEALTHY:)

And that's it in a nut shell. I really want to keep my regimen short and simple. I'm now taking PP biotin 5 day sometimes 10 1000mcg,PP b-5 1000mcg 1 day,Jarrows MSM 3,000 powder form and Maxi-Hair 2 a day. That's all I can stand but I feel comfortable with this and it working out okay. Thanks again to all of you ladies that replied
I think I have 4 1/2 to 5 inches to go before I reach bra-strap. My mom came over tonight and she said who put your hair in for you they did a real good job and I told her that it was all my hair BUT I had 2 tracks in the back but they were cut the same length of my natural hair and of course she inspected and could not believe it Wow I feel so good now my hair falls over my shoulder sometimes and it feels oh so good
. I'm fired up now I'm going to order the F* biotin that Jade told me about. The PP is the bomb so if F* biotin is stronger I can't wait to get my hands on it. I will try this biotin next month and I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again!

pebbles

Hi Azalia, it's good to "see" you! I'm so excited for you!!
Congratulations!!

Azalia

Thanks pebbles! How is your hair? I know we were hair buddies before I dropped out of site
. How far are you now from bra-strap? I saw that you're still sticking in there with Elucence! I didn't have time to order the sensitive scalp so I just used bontanicals and it turned out okay. Keep me posted pebbles on your progress maybe both you and I will reach bra-strap around the same time. Thanks again!

pebbles

Hey Azalia!

My hair is healthy. I was experiencing some excess shedding some weeks back and it's slowed down now. I had a "trim" recently and lost about an inch of hair, so I'm right back where I started.
A bit depressing, but I'm hanging in there. I just recently tried the Elucence. Beverly sent me some of hers to try and I absolutely loved it. I'm going to stay with it. I have about 5 inches to bra-strap length and it just seems to be taking forever!!
At any rate, the first one of us to get there can act as cheerleader for the other one to continue the struggle.
Take care!!

Jade21

Lady Azalia,

I am utterly elated to read all ofyour great news!!!! Girl, you are the best, and you are doing so well....so well.

Much Love, as always,

Jade

chocolate

Go girl, if you've got it shake it
, I have a long way to go myself, shave my hair to a boy cut in July 02, only grew to 2 inches on top and less than 1/4 on sides and back, although sides and back came out. So from reading your post, I think there may be hope for me also