I'm so upset I relaxed at 6 weeks!!!

NYRICAN1

I was on the Christmas stretch but my new growth was one inch but my hair was breaking off at the demarcation mark. I tried aphoghee and moisturizing but it still kept shedding and breaking. I have been using mtg for about 5 weeks of the 6 weeks. I really really tried to hold out. I was trying to hold out to 12 weeks( I had held out for 16 weeks and even 8 months before with the help of braids and a weave) but I was trying to hold out without using braids since I had some breakage from the braids. I am so pissed since I have never relaxed this soon. My hair is growing but does anyone have any suggestions? Do you guys think it is because of the mtg? My hairdresser also commented about my hair growth and how I should touchup since my hair was starting to break. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Sorry for the long thread..

NOOOOOOOOOOO we keep losing members!!! lol...j/k. Girl you gotta do what you gotta do...I was about to fall off too before I got Paul Mitchell The Detagler and started doing CO washes...
Anyhoo, I can't really speak on the MTG b/c I've never used it, but that may definitely have something to do with why you had to relax so soon. I don't know that I would be taking a stylists advice on when to relax b/c there are too many other reasons for a stylist to suggest a relaxer under the guise of "breakage."
Next time I would try CO washing to help keep the line of demarcation moisturized. I'm at 15 weeks post and I'm not havin any breakage issues at all thanks to regular doses of protein and CO washes.
Do you think the ApHOGEE was too much for your hair? At one point I wanted to incorporate ApHOGEE into my regimen, but truthfully, my hair doesn't ever need protein that heavy. If anything, I may do GPB or Emergencee 2 weeks after the relaxer.
Were you using a lot of heat during those 6 weeks? Were you deep conditoning? Did you wear protective styles?

Just a few ideas...hth...

I will definitely start doing more cowashes now. I will also try the Emergencee instead of the aphogee. I refuse to relax again until 12 weeks minimum so I will wear buns for 6 weeks if I need to just to stretch. ;)

thanx

Back