Super Grow Out Challenge **Update Month 6**

Growingitlong

Sorry about the set back. It can be quite frustrating. But you have the support of the gang here to keep you going.

I can attest to that. I am no longer letting any hair stylists near my hair in a hurry. I work really hard to get some length then go for a relaxer and then they cut all my progress. And I always find that the stylists handle my hair a bit too rough and rake from the roots down to the ends. I can't stand that.

Right now my sister is my stylist :). She does a good job of relaxing my roots 'without overlapping' using some of the rules i have picked up on this board. She listens to me and does what I ask. She will trim off no more than I ask her to. But I am not doing any trimming or trying not to until the end of the year which is when I plan to get my next relaxer.

Last edited:

LABETT

I am doing great and consistent with vitamins changed my vitamin regimen.
I have decided to try the Viviscal in the pink box since I got great results with the black box and added Ultra Hair plus instead of GNC Nourish Hair.
I need to drink more water..

pink_flower

It's already 6 months?

Ok, my hair is doing pretty good. I'm really trying to get the most outta this summer heat and free time. I'm consistent with my regimen and started concentrating more on exercise and diet. So hopefully this will pay off in the long run. Oh and I also plan to stretch my relaxer for the remainder of the summer, so I don't plan to relax until late August/early Sept.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I moved into a house on 7/1 so my regimen was a little off in June. I'm back on track now. Shampoo 2-3 times a week, moisturize once or twice a day, light protein once a week. Protective styles have saved my ends. I air dry in a bun with my ends coated in vaseline. I'm considering a trim, just considering for now.

bocagirl

My hair is doing well and I will be trying different styles for the month of July so I'm looking forward to that.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
keylargo said:
Hi DSD. I have not updated in a while but I'm still in. I'm currently doing an unofficial bun challenge. I'm not sure how long I will wear my bun but so far, it's been 2 weeks straight. I've been using curl activator too. My ends stay wet all day while tucked under my phony bun so, I it can be almost considered the baggie challenge even though I don't use a baggie..

I haven't seen much progress but my hair does seem to be healthier. It seems as if my growth rate has slowed down so that's a little disappointing. Oh well, this challenge was about retaining length instead of speeding up growth anyways.
Good to hear from you. I am glad that you are focusing on retaining length. That is what this challenge is all about. If we compare grow to other people it can get discouraging. I am glad to hear your hair is doing well!!

UmSumayyah said:
Well, my hair has finally hit my shoulders again. I still have breakage so I plan to chop 2-3 inches when I can bear to. December or January I'm thinking.
I have been crazy busy with kids and the rest of life, however I am maintaining protective styling (mostly) and sleeping on satin.
No more stylists!
Congrats on reaching shoulder length. I hope you don't chop all 2-3 inches at once. I know how crazy things can get sometimes with the kids and life so try your best to remain consistent and you will be fine. Good Luck.

bronzehair said:
im doing well i relaxed on wednesday and gained 2 inches so im happy .From dec-may i have had sooo many setbacks but now i fell that i'm finally on track and hopefully with mtg i'll gain the 3 inches i desperately need by october/november:)
That's so wonderful to hear!!

caramelty said:
Im checking in I am doing fine hair is a UMMM....Well its going. I am in 2 braids right now my hair is doing something with this MTG but I am going to slack on it a little bit b/c hair is becoming UNRULY.........all and all its going cant wait until another six months to see what happens.
Sounds like the MTG is doing it's thang!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
mzjones said:
I'm still going :grin:. I relaxed my hair on June 12 and gained about 3" of new growth after 21 weeks. I trimmed 0.5". I took pics and everything, but don't really wanna show anyone 'cos my relaxer don't look too hot. My hair looks frizzy for some reason.

Based on my last two touch ups this is what I learnt:
12 weeks is not enough time (didn't have enough growth)
21 weeks is too long (too much growth)
14 - 16 weeks may be the perfect stretch

I'm currently on a daily conditioner wash regime. Have been since June 16. It happened by accident really. I shampooed once since then with CON, but I won't use any shampoo until I get braids again (late July). Then I plan on shampooing once each week and rinsing daily with water only or very very diluted conditioners. I'm being ambitious and hoping that I'll get and maintain 4" of additional growth by December 25. :look:

Oh yeah, I started my personal 60-day carrot juice challenge 3 days ago. My goal is to drink 8 oz freshly juiced, straight or in combination, organic carrot juice everyday.
Sounds like your hair is doing very well!! Good Luck with the carrot juice. :yep:

hottopic said:
HAS IT BEEN 6 MONTHS ALREADY :eek: ....MY HAIR GREW SO MUCH THAT I STOPPED CHECKING ON IT, SO OFTEN. I STILL TRY TO WASH 2-3 TIMES A WEEK. I STARTED USING MTG, BUT LEFT IT ALONE FOR AWHILE, IT SMELLS. I STRETCH MY PERM TO EVERY 3 MONTHS. THIS TIME I AM AIMING FOR 4 MAYBE 5 MONTHS. MY HAIR LINE IS BALDING, BUT AM WORKING HARD ON BRINGING IT BACK TO LIFE. MOST OF MY UPDATES AND HAIRSTYLES ARE IN MY PHOTO ALBUM. I WEAR MOSTLY PROTECTIVE STYLES ABOUT 80% OF THE TIME THIS YEAR.
Yes, six months. It doesn't seem like that long. I am sorry to hear about your hairline. What are you doing to help the problem? Glad your hair is growing so well!!

candibaby said:
Right now I am 23 weeks post relaxer, I quit transitioning 2 weeks ago and decided to just stretch to 28 weeks. I had changed my regimen to fit my new growth, so my regimen may be subject to change. All I know so far is that I'm planning on getting a new deep conditioner and maybe a new moisturizer for when the time to relax comes. But anyway, I am in cornrows right now, and plan on getting some type of braids again next week. I dont know how long my hair is because it has been so long since I have had a relaxer and my hair never gets really straight from flat ironing. I guess I wont have a real update until August 2/3, when I relax.
Lady, you are going to have some mega length once you relax!!! Keep up the good work.

Sapphire said:
Nothing much new to report here. I have become a little lazy with my regimen but I still wash at least once a week. I have been using MTG about 1-2 times a week and am starting to see some growth. Its been about 2 months since my last touch-up and I have decided to make a second attempt at TRANSITIONING! Wish me luck....:p
Good Luck with your transition. I know you can do it!!:weird:

MonaLisa

Same ole, Same ole...lol....At week 11 post T/U....5/6 weeks to go for
a creamy crack hit (mid August)...or maybe not..still deciding.

Breakage has lessened a bit...still experiencing a lil...so I know I need the full Aphoghee treatment to put it to a halt. I think I need 3-3.5 inches to get to top of armpit.

I'm feeling a lil shaky about making it by December...but the summer just started and hopefully the usual spurt will kick in...

Last edited:

BMoreFlyy

I am currently two inches away from bra-strap... I have pics in my siggy... But as of lately I've been wearing buns and protective styles. I've finally gotten a hold of a regime that I enjoy and my staple products. So, I'm feeling good about the hair right now. There hasn't been much shedding beyond the average

Last edited:

beloved1

My hair has become low maintenance as of late, it's just doing it's thing, growing about 3/4" to 1" a month since I started here in Feb. I added sulfur 8 to my routine, and am sporting a bun :eek: I'm big on wearing it down, but put it in a low, to the side bun with a big fluffy bow thing a few weeks ago and got SO many compliments.

I do have a dilemma - ADVICE NEEDED, LADIES!!

I have a family reunion in D.C. at 8 weeks post relaxer, I was going to go 16 weeks w/ the help of braids. It's my dh's family, and my SIL has great looking hair and always talks down to me about my hair. Now my hair looks great b/c of LHCF and I would like to show it off. Would you get off your schedule and relax early, or stick to your schedule and just deal with the 2" of ng? Oh, and I don't want to wear fake hair, that's what she's use to seeing me in and that would reinforce the 'chicken-head' stereotype she has of me. I might ask my dh if he has a preference, since he's really supportive of my hair care routine right now. I don't want to hurt my long term success. But I usually have 2" at 8 weeks and I hope that's enough not to overlap. BTW, I'll be using Phyto.

Melaninme

Does this SGO challenge end in December? If so, for the next six months I'm going on the no heat challenge as well.

Everytime I straighten my hair, I'm tempted to trim ( and ususally do) to maintain my hair's overall shape. If I don't straigten it, I believe I'll have fewer trims, thus reaching my goal a little quicker.

You ladies are doing great! Keep it up!;)

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Dang it's July already....:eek: LOL

Let's see I guess I am doing ok. I just started using MTG 2 days ago and hopefully that will help to accelerate some growth for the rest of the year.For some reason my hair is growing slower in the summer:perplexed . I am off my regimne right now ::spank:: spank:: due school, gym, and working.....I will be getting right back on it starting this weekend to keep my hair moisturized and leave breakage at bay.

Lately I have been experiencing more shedding than before but I think thats from not sticking to my regimne. Still taking my vitamins and staying away from heat as much as possible.;)

I hope that I can make it somewhere near brastrap at the end of the year!!

angellazette

Well let's see...

I am 6 months post relaxer...my regimen is basically the same. Wash, deep condition weekly. Moisturize and seal daily. I've slacked on both of these this past week though! Don't know about the length I've retained, since I'm 6 months post. I do hope to be somewhat surprised when I straighten it successfully though!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
OK Ladies, sorry for the late responses but I have been trying to unbraid and braid hair all week. Seems like everyone is remaining consistent and doing well! HHG

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
mrslee said:
Well according to what my friend are saying.... my hair is growing quite nicely. I cant see it for whatever reasons. I am just at 4 weeks post relaxer and you would think I was at 8! I am still taking my vitamins and HF37 almost everyday. Since I have so much new growth now, I dont mind taking them everyday. I wont touch up again until around my B-day which will be in Aug.
Hopefully I will be at bra strap to where I can see it with my own eyes. Some people tell me I am already at bra strap.........(thinking about what Mona told me).... Ummm....
Girl. why don't you just go ahead and claim it??!!:grin:

shawniegee said:
Still wearing braids. I'm 14 weeks post relaxer. I'll probably do a retouch with phyto with the next couple of weeks.
Can't wait to hear your updates after your relaxer. HHG

skegeesmb said:
I'm doing good. I have a little over 26 inches. I haven't straightened it with a flat iron because I work out so it gets sweated out anyway. But it's very thick, and it's starting to look long to me.
Congratulations Lady!! I can't wait to see you at waistlength.

19sweetie said:
I relaxed last week, after about 12 weeks. I kind of prefer to wait longer, so I think I'll do that next time.
Twelve weeks is great! Good Luck on stretching longer next time!!

DatJerseyDyme said:
Doing well. Not much to report as it's the same ol same ol every week. But I have learned how to deep condition without ending up with a ratty bird's nest. I've found that if I use heat, my newgrowth gets matted (hair is soft, but still...) but if I just apply the conditioner, two plastic caps, and a towel, and let it sit for a few hours (I took a nap) then my hair and newgrowth are very soft yet strong. I'll be doing this weekly (if not bi-weekly) with keraphix/humectress as long as time permits.
Consistency is boring but it works!! I am glad you have mastered the deep conditioning. Your hair will love you for it!

jaded_faerie said:
Wow I cant believe its been 6 months...well i havent had my hair straightened since May and i had a mini trim...since then ive had my hair in a bun and right now im currently sporting a sew in weave, which i plan to take out in the beginning of August....Today was my first day using MTG and im hoping for some good results :)....
hope all is well with everyone!!
Using the MTG is sure to get you plenty of growth!! HHG

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Chicoro said:
Hi Everyone, :wave:

I'm checking in. ;) I am still wearing my protective style which is five braids swept up into a bun. I have not put any heat in my hair since January 2005. I am trying to hold off until December 2005. :p Consequently, I am trying to hold off on my trim until then, too. I am used to going six (6) months without a trim. I have never had the confidence in the health in my hair to try to go for longer. :look:

I tried the COW method and my hair responded really well to it. :grin: Therefore, I have tweaked my regime a bit and have refined it with the cow. I have replaced my regular gold colored castor oil with black castor oil. I stretched the very back of my hair and it looks like I am getting a little bit more of length. That part grows the fastest. I can't "see" :confused: what the rest of my hair is doing in terms of length. I can tell that the strands of my hair look and feel very strong. I am going to continue to strive for a no heat/no press/no blowdry regime until December 2005 so I won't feel compelled to trim my hair. November 2005 will be my two year hair anniversary which I define as when I discovered and joined this hair board. :grin:
Wow! What a wonderful update. Kudos to you for not trimming and going with out heat for so long. You are doing a wonderful job with your hair and if you keep up at this rate your hair is going to be so long!! HHG

lshevonne said:
Just checking in. I've been doing good except these last 2 days. I'll shampoo tomorrow and then be back on track.
Make sure to get back on track!!

lveurslf said:
I need to update...I've been doing okay.
Jan-May I wore Braids
June- I wore a Bun or Phony Pony
July- I sew in a weave yesterday and plan to keep that in until I relax in August.

As far as length is concerned, it's been a slow process. It's trying to do something but the truth will be told in august.
With all that protective styling you will have gained plenty of length!! Good Luck!

BlackCardinal said:
I'm doing well. Now that I've been natural long enough to have a handle on what my hair loves and hates, I've gotten serious about trying to achieve length. I'm doing daily washes with Jason poos and cons. I was planning to shampoo only once a week, but lately I've been doing it whenever I feel like it, which averages to about twice per week. The other days I just con wash.

I'm on the No Product Challenge now, so I have given up my beloved Giovanni leave-in and jojoba oil for a while, and won't be doing any experiments with gels or other styling products any time soon. The only other thing I use besides shampoo and conditioner is Hairever vitamin tonic. I've added some essential oils to it and apply it directly to my scalp after every wash.

Now that my regimen is pretty solid I'm going to be focusing on health from the inside out. I'm currently looking at multivitamins for general health--I really think it would be easier for me if I only take 1 or two pills per day. I still have some biotin left, so maybe if I had a really complete one-a-day type multi, I could just take an extra 1mg of biotin for good measure until I run out.
I'm also going to be trying my darndest to drink plenty of water. And finally, I need to find some way to exercise that won't make me miserable. I might need to hop on over to the health and fitness forum for help...
Wow!! Sounds like a plan. I am glad to hear your hair is doing well.

babyblue said:
nothing new to report. still continuing with washing 2-3x a week with good results. Im just abut due for a light trim which i will probably do next week. overall my growth is slow but steady.
Slow and steady is good! Make sure to not trim too much off, ok.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
DangerouslyShy said:
Doing the same thing pretty much. I relaxed early June, the roots are getting thick again. Im using BBD stretch, MTG and essential oil mixture. I think i am going to go with another sewin for the next month or do the baggie challenge. Im not sure as of yet.
With all that protective styling you will have plenty of newgrowth when it's time to relax again! :yep:

Alli77 said:
I'm doing okay, mainly doing the baggie method and greasing my ends, keeping it real simple.:)
Simple is always good!

lovelymissyoli said:
Since it’s the summer time I’ve just added condition washes to my nonexistent routine. I’ve never done these before so I’m looking for great results. So far I’ve been doing them every day, but will switch to every 2 days from now on. Since doing condition washes the pj in me has kicked in as well :)cool:) due to the fact that I’m trying to experiment with new styles to do while my hair is wet, and also because I’ve been buying various cheap conditioners to see which ones detangle my hair with ease and leave it feeling moisturized. So far, VO5 Nourishing Oasis has worked really well on my hair by incorporating both aspects that I expect in a conditioner! :)

As far as length --- my hair is growing, however, it’s growing slowly. :ohwell: To keep my mind off the rate at which my hair is growing I planned to get cornrows but I have too many events on my platter this month which call for a more “elegant” hairstyle. In place of cornrows I’ve been experimenting more with different styles. So far I’ve tried a braidout, and plan to experiment with twistouts and maybe even a roller set. As long as the style involves no heat I’m all for it.

I expect my hair to soar this summer because of these condition washes. It already feels more moisturized. :clap: I remember when I increased my washing last year around September/October my hair grew 2 inches in like a month and a half so I'm starting early on washes and cutting out the poo. :grin: Wish me luck and happy hair growing to you ladies! :antlers:

***BTW, DSD, your tree braids are looking really good!! :D Since you're about to take them down I hope you took pictures of the newgrowth you're recieving from using MTG because I want to see just how well this stuff works. I had to discontinue my use of it because it didn't agree with me, however, what works for one person doesn't work for another and it sounds like it's working for you! ;)***
[font=&quot]
[/font]
Aren't conditioner washes great?!! Keep doing them, your hair will love you for it! Don't worry so much about the rate of growth just concentrate on keep every single inch you can;) I wish you all the luck!! HHG

Thanks!! I have since taken down my braids and to be honest the newgrowth is so soft it seems non existent. The MTG works really well at keeping it soft. My hair does seem considerably longer since my last relaxer. I have a picture that I took of my hair the day I got my braids done and I will do a compare to see how much growth I got for the month I used the MTG. Sorry the MTG didn't work out for you.

Carlie said:
I'm doing quite well. I'm about an inch or less from my waistline (when stretched), which is my goal before I do the BC. It's hard to tell w. all this new growth though but I do know that my hair IS steadily growing so that's good. :yep:
That's great to hear lady!! I can't wait to see when you are officially waist length. Good Luck!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
YummyC said:
I gained some length but its all gone now. I went for my touch up yesterday and the lady siad my hair was very underprocessed. Sheasked what relaxer I was using i tod her motions. She then told me that i need to switch to affirm. She based my entired head and said that she was going to do a corrector relaxer on my whole head. So this is where all the qquestions begin. Ia sked her why i ned one, she said because I have a lot of breakage that is caused by different levels of processing. She said someareas were straight and some were really just wavy. Long story short, she did the realxer and "trimmed" a lot of hair off that she said was damaged ends. Look at my album. I can still put it in a pony tail so I am not too upset. Irts just a huge difference from my last touchup. She said to come back in a weekfor a protein treatment, I can do that my D$%^ self! Super grow out set back right here. CAn you tell I'm a little vex right now?
Sorry to hear about your setback. I can certainly relate. Just make this point your starting point and go from there. If you feel your hair is healthy before you go in for a relaxer then don't let some scissor happy hair stylist take advantage of you. You know your hair better than she does!! On your next relaxer if you know that you have taken good care of your hair and feel you don't need a cut or trim then don't do it.

jodydreams said:
Hey DSD!:wave: Checkin in....
-I had small braids from Jan- mid-March, pencil sized braids from mid-March - end of April, weave from then to now. Just took the weave out and felt my hair for the third time since January.
-I have 2" of growth. I had some slow growth periods. I cant wait to handle my hair after I stop wearing protective styles. My relaxed ends look so limp compared to my roots. I was thinking about going natural and transitioning but my hair is very thick with no defintition, so I will be relaxing, but not until September. From the looks of my hair I need to relax now but I'm gonna hold out.
-I havent been following a strict regimine besides taking my vitamins( biotin, b, hair/skin multi), oiling my scalp with sulfur 8, and carrot oil.
-I plan on getting my hair cornrowed in the front and weaved in the back as my protective style until Sept. I really want the front of my hair to grow. Everywhere else seems fine. I remember using WGO one summer when I had cornrows in and the front of my hair grew sooo well. I havent bought much products because of the protective styles. But I think less is more. I will buy WGO and use it until the end of the summer.
Regimens don't have to be strict. You just have to remain consistent with them. You have been doing a lot of protective styling. That's great. There is no need for you to relax until you are finished with all the braiding a weaving. Good Luck to you and I am sure you will have plenty more newgrowth once September comes!!

MissDiva said:
I've substituted my sew ins for half wigs (which I absolutely LOVE) as my protective style. I rinse or condition wash at least 3-4 times a week and wash once a week, using the cow method. My hair is growing nicely, I should be at brastrap before the planned date. I haven't straigtened my hair in forever, so I'm going by the stretched length.
Getting to brastrap before the planned date is great!! Keep up the good work.

Growingitlong said:
Sorry about the set back. It can be quite frustrating. But you have the support of the gang here to keep you going.

I can attest to that. I am no longer letting any hair stylists near my hair in a hurry. I work really hard to get some length then go for a relaxer and then they cut all my progress. And I always find that the stylists handle my hair a bit too rough and rake from the roots down to the ends. I can't stand that.

Right now my sister is my stylist :). She does a good job of relaxing my roots 'without overlapping' using some of the rules i have picked up on this board. She listens to me and does what I ask. She will trim off no more than I ask her to. But I am not doing any trimming or trying not to until the end of the year which is when I plan to get my next relaxer.
I wish I could find a stylist I could trust!! Good Luck holding out on your relaxer and trim.

LABETT said:
I am doing great and consistent with vitamins changed my vitamin regimen.
I have decided to try the Viviscal in the pink box since I got great results with the black box and added Ultra Hair plus instead of GNC Nourish Hair.
I need to drink more water..
Don't we all need to drink more water. :yep: I am glad to hear that you are staying consistent!! Good Luck with all the vits.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
pink_flower said:
It's already 6 months?

Ok, my hair is doing pretty good. I'm really trying to get the most outta this summer heat and free time. I'm consistent with my regimen and started concentrating more on exercise and diet. So hopefully this will pay off in the long run. Oh and I also plan to stretch my relaxer for the remainder of the summer, so I don't plan to relax until late August/early Sept.
Yep, six months. I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Keep up the good work!

simplycee said:
I moved into a house on 7/1 so my regimen was a little off in June. I'm back on track now. Shampoo 2-3 times a week, moisturize once or twice a day, light protein once a week. Protective styles have saved my ends. I air dry in a bun with my ends coated in vaseline. I'm considering a trim, just considering for now.
Congrats on the new house. Sounds like you are doing a great job with your hair!! HHG

bocagirl said:
My hair is doing well and I will be trying different styles for the month of July so I'm looking forward to that.
Wonderful to hear!!

MonaLisa said:
Same ole, Same ole...lol....At week 11 post T/U....5/6 weeks to go for
a creamy crack hit (mid August)...or maybe not..still deciding.

Breakage has lessened a bit...still experiencing a lil...so I know I need the full Aphoghee treatment to put it to a halt. I think I need 3-3.5 inches to get to top of armpit.

I'm feeling a lil shaky about making it by December...but the summer just started and hopefully the usual spurt will kick in...
Girl, I know you will get the breakage under control. Remember moisture is good.
I know you will make it to armpit by December!! Good Luck to you!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
beloved1 said:
My hair has become low maintenance as of late, it's just doing it's thing, growing about 3/4" to 1" a month since I started here in Feb. I added sulfur 8 to my routine, and am sporting a bun :eek: I'm big on wearing it down, but put it in a low, to the side bun with a big fluffy bow thing a few weeks ago and got SO many compliments.

I do have a dilemma - ADVICE NEEDED, LADIES!!

I have a family reunion in D.C. at 8 weeks post relaxer, I was going to go 16 weeks w/ the help of braids. It's my dh's family, and my SIL has great looking hair and always talks down to me about my hair. Now my hair looks great b/c of LHCF and I would like to show it off. Would you get off your schedule and relax early, or stick to your schedule and just deal with the 2" of ng? Oh, and I don't want to wear fake hair, that's what she's use to seeing me in and that would reinforce the 'chicken-head' stereotype she has of me. I might ask my dh if he has a preference, since he's really supportive of my hair care routine right now. I don't want to hurt my long term success. But I usually have 2" at 8 weeks and I hope that's enough not to overlap. BTW, I'll be using Phyto.
Wow!! You hair is doing great and growing nicely. Keep up the good work!

As fare as the family reunion, girl I would relax and look great if I were you. It's not like you just got a relaxer yesterday and you have 2 inches of newgrowth. In reality that's 4 months worth of growth. Go ahead and make an exception relax your hair show it off and have a great time!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
MsCrystal said:
I am currently two inches away from bra-strap... I have pics in my siggy... But as of lately I've been wearing buns and protective styles. I've finally gotten a hold of a regime that I enjoy and my staple products. So, I'm feeling good about the hair right now. There hasn't been much shedding beyond the average
Yay! Two inches from brastrap. Yay!!

Asha97 said:
Does this SGO challenge end in December? If so, for the next six months I'm going on the no heat challenge as well.

Everytime I straighten my hair, I'm tempted to trim ( and ususally do) to maintain my hair's overall shape. If I don't straigten it, I believe I'll have fewer trims, thus reaching my goal a little quicker.

You ladies are doing great! Keep it up!;)
Yep! It ends December 31, 2005.

Sounds like you are a little too scissor happy. We need to find a cure for that! Your hair does look great though!! :yep:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
vikkisecret said:
Dang it's July already....:eek: LOL

Let's see I guess I am doing ok. I just started using MTG 2 days ago and hopefully that will help to accelerate some growth for the rest of the year.For some reason my hair is growing slower in the summer:perplexed . I am off my regimne right now ::spank:: spank:: due school, gym, and working.....I will be getting right back on it starting this weekend to keep my hair moisturized and leave breakage at bay.

Lately I have been experiencing more shedding than before but I think thats from not sticking to my regimne. Still taking my vitamins and staying away from heat as much as possible.;)

I hope that I can make it somewhere near brastrap at the end of the year!!
Let me give you a personal spanking :spank: Remember consistency is the key!!

angellazette said:
Well let's see...

I am 6 months post relaxer...my regimen is basically the same. Wash, deep condition weekly. Moisturize and seal daily. I've slacked on both of these this past week though! Don't know about the length I've retained, since I'm 6 months post. I do hope to be somewhat surprised when I straighten it successfully though!
You are going to have mega length once you relax again. Wow!!

skegeesmb

Hey guys I'm still here. I haven't measured my hair lately. I'm sporting a braidout right now, so I have to wash and measure sometime this week. I think at the end of next month I'm going to cut two inches off because my hair looks thin at the ends. I might push my cut back, but I definately have to do something. I'm hoping I have 27 inches so I can still be at brastrap when I cut.

melodee

My time sure does fly!

I'm doing well, but as I stated earlier, this will not be my year for major results. Since deciding to go light on the relaxing (with texture) and rid myself of really bone straight/stringy ends, I am gradually trimming off about four inches of hair. I am not doing a chop, just a gradual thing.

I'm getting good growth, I think about 3/4 inch a month, but with the trims, I am stuck at one place. I get it trimmed to about two inches above bra strap and it grows to bra strap before it's trimmed again. This is how it used to be before LHCF and I didn't understand why I saw no change. Now, I'm doing it w/ a purpose, so that I can get to all thicker, healthier hair.

webby

Think Slim
skegeesmb said:
Hey guys I'm still here. I haven't measured my hair lately. I'm sporting a braidout right now, so I have to wash and measure sometime this week. I think at the end of next month I'm going to cut two inches off because my hair looks thin at the ends. I might push my cut back, but I definately have to do something. I'm hoping I have 27 inches so I can still be at brastrap when I cut.
Hey Ske :wave:
Are you sure you only have 27 inches. Your hair looked WAY longer when I met you. How are you measuring...maybe I'm measuring wrong myself.

beloved1

dontspeakdefeat said:
Wow!! You hair is doing great and growing nicely. Keep up the good work!

As fare as the family reunion, girl I would relax and look great if I were you. It's not like you just got a relaxer yesterday and you have 2 inches of newgrowth. In reality that's 4 months worth of growth. Go ahead and make an exception relax your hair show it off and have a great time!!

Thank you for the encouragement, DSD- you're the greatest. I'm hoping my 1 yr. progress pics will be as dramatic as your first year on the board. (Of course I would have to start actually taking pics:)

PaperDoll

~the original~
Checking in, had another big cut, hair is once again above shoulders all the way around. Started using MTG seems to be working :ohwell: , hoping to get some great progress in the next 6 months.

chestnutblonde

Is it too late to start the challenge? I know it's already July but I will chart my progress from now until the end of the year. Please accept me in this SGO Challenge. For all the ladies that have grown their hair to lenghts they could not have imagined years ago, what do you attribute the grow to? Also, i have a bootleg Fotki album now. Not a lot of pics, but it's a start. Happy growing ladies.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
skegeesmb said:
Nooooooooo, don't cut it!!

melodee said:
My time sure does fly!

I'm doing well, but as I stated earlier, this will not be my year for major results. Since deciding to go light on the relaxing (with texture) and rid myself of really bone straight/stringy ends, I am gradually trimming off about four inches of hair. I am not doing a chop, just a gradual thing.

I'm getting good growth, I think about 3/4 inch a month, but with the trims, I am stuck at one place. I get it trimmed to about two inches above bra strap and it grows to bra strap before it's trimmed again. This is how it used to be before LHCF and I didn't understand why I saw no change. Now, I'm doing it w/ a purpose, so that I can get to all thicker, healthier hair.
Good Luck! It sounds like you have your plan together.

PaperDoll said:
Checking in, had another big cut, hair is once again above shoulders all the way around. Started using MTG seems to be working :ohwell: , hoping to get some great progress in the next 6 months.
Girl the MTG will give you some major growth!! HHG

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
beloved1 said:
Thank you for the encouragement, DSD- you're the greatest. I'm hoping my 1 yr. progress pics will be as dramatic as your first year on the board. (Of course I would have to start actually taking pics:)
U R welcome!! ;) I am sure your first year's progress will be just as good or even better than mine. Just remain consistent and you have will love you for it! HHG