MY ENDS ARE FRIZZY!! THINKING OF CUTTING ON THURSDAY

Nanyanika

i airdried my hair a number of times, whereas the rest of my hair is fine, as soon as i comb out the hair, my ends are frizzy, rough and unruly and prone to break. picture this!!! it looks like straight hair at the top with an afro on the ends i'm thinking of cutting about 2 inches off. i haven't trimmed in a year, i have a few splits not major, i really wouldn't mind getting freshly cut ends for 2008. should I cut or dust?

Diya

i airdried my hair a number of times, whereas the rest of my hair is fine, as soon as i comb out the hair, my ends are frizzy, rough and unruly and prone to break. picture this!!! it looks like straight hair at the top with an afro on the ends i'm thinking of cutting about 2 inches off. i haven't trimmed in a year, i have a few splits not major, i really wouldn't mind getting freshly cut ends for 2008. should I cut or dust?

It's really strange that your ends would get so frizzy if you don't have lots of splits. I would say if you are comfortable getting 2" cut, then go for it. You'll be happier not having to look at the frizzy ends anymore and you'll be able to have a fresh, clean start for 2008!

Nanyanika

It's really strange that your ends would get so frizzy if you don't have lots of splits. I would say if you are comfortable getting 2" cut, then go for it. You'll be happier not having to look at the frizzy ends anymore and you'll be able to have a fresh, clean start for 2008!

i've checked my ends over and over, i don't have tons of splits. it happens whenever i airdry then comb out my hair. if i wrap set or rollerset, the ends of hair lays flat, and smooth.

Nanyanika

LOL, I'm beginning to think that airdrying is not for me, at all. my hair is overall healthy, FOR GOD SAKES I only relax twice this year and i don't put the relaxer through my hair, i have a bloody good regimen, but i'm definitely having problems with the techniques, and i just know its the airdrying trying to piss with me.

=InnerSoul;3287571]NOOOOOOO!

Don't cut your hair:nono:

you can live with a little frizz!:lachen:[/QUOTE]

Nanyanika

NOOOOOOO!

Don't cut your hair:nono:

you can live with a little frizz!:lachen:

LOL, I'm beginning to think that airdrying is not for me, at all. my hair is overall healthy, FOR GOD SAKES I only relax twice this year and i don't put the relaxer through my hair, i have a bloody good regimen, but i'm definitely having problems with the techniques, and i just know its the airdrying trying to piss with me.

ajargon02

If it's all good when you rollerset,then I would only dust the ends, and live with the airdrying. Do you set your ahir on magnetic rollers with a little setting lotion mixed with oil and use end papers to combat the frizzy looking ends?

growinstrong

This sounds exactly like my situation. When I airdry, everything is great until you look at my ends. I already decided that I'm getting a nice trim for da 08' to start fresh. I'll probably be trimming only .5"-1" of though. I would love to get this airdrying thing down packed, but I dont wanna have to keep trimming either because I'm not successful.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I notice this when I airdry as well :wallbash: Rollersetting does the trick to smooth them out, but I usually don't like standing under the dryer. I guess wrapping or rollersetting would be best for you if you want the ends to stay smooth.

If you don't have much split ends, I say don't cut. Dusting is fine if you really feel like it's necessary.

Nanyanika

I notice this when I airdry as well :wallbash: Rollersetting does the trick to smooth them out, but I usually don't like standing under the dryer. I guess wrapping or rollersetting would be best for you if you want the ends to stay smooth.

If you don't have much split ends, I say don't cut. Dusting is fine if you really feel like it's necessary.

I thought i was the only one going through this, airdrying does not equate to healthier hair for me, thanks for the advice i will get my touch-up as scheduled on Thursday, I will trim what is needed, and proceed to rollerset only after DCing on a wekly basis.

Moroni

I thought i was the only one going through this, airdrying does not equate to healthier hair for me, thanks for the advice i will get my touch-up as scheduled on Thursday, I will trim what is needed, and proceed to rollerset only after DCing on a wekly basis.

Yesterday, I did a rollerset, and mostly airdried. My hair turned out really smooth, especially after I did the saran wrap treatment. If I were you, I'd use castor oil on my ends, rollerset, and dust them. Airdry styles should not be combed at all, though. HTH

KinksnCurlz

Since you don't have tons of splits, you don't need to cut that much hair. Maybe a light dusting. Try putting serum/oil/aloe vera gel/evoo (pick only one LOL) on your ends while wet. As your hair dries, it will retain that "moistness". You can also try spritzing your hair with a little conditioner and water, paying more attention to your ends.

And you know you should not be combing airdried hair missy.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

Since you don't have tons of splits, you don't need to cut that much hair. Maybe a light dusting. Try putting serum/oil/aloe vera gel/evoo (pick only one LOL) on your ends while wet. As your hair dries, it will retain that "moistness".

And you know you should not be combing airdried hair missy.

the products i use on my ends are excellent, its just the airdrying doesn't work, I CAN'T HELP COMBING AIRDRIED HAIR!! SO ITS BEST I ROLLERSET INSTEAD

keluric

Have you tried using coconut milk, EVOO and honey to see if that helps smooth your ends? You might need to dust anyway, though.

Nanyanika

thanks very much for the link, its very useful this would certainly put a stop to the frizziness that i'm experiencing, as i do not have to manipulate because the rollers smooth out my ends.

When I had this problem I did sylver2's scarf method. I tied the front down and only rolled a few inches of the back on really really big rods.

When I would air dry and take out the rods I had smooth ends with a little bump to them.

here is the link (hope she does not mind lol)

http://public.fotki.com/sylver2/post_relaxer_journe/satin.html

NitiBahama

DON'T DO IT...

I was a little past APL when my ends started doing the exact same thang... So I can picure your permed hair with an afro at the end!! I cut a couple inches and the ends fro'd right back out! Till I cut it chin length and then it was fine.

I would say tough it out....treat it...trim it if you have to (but you prolly don't need to), but maybe change up your routine, clarify, check that moisure/protein/pH balance, and use you some heat...see if you notice any difference.

Sorry I don't have any real advice but I'd say cutting is your last resort!

Nanyanika

Hi keluric, thanks for your help. I haven't used coconut milk, EVOO and honey, when i condition and moisturise my hair , the ends are very nice and smooth, i only get this problem when I airdry, if i heat style my ends are fine. I will need a trim regardlesss, however i have concluded that airdrying and/or combing is the culprit, i take very great care of my hair and have finally found products that work. I just have to stop my old technique of drying my hair for something better.

Have you tried using coconut milk, EVOO and honey to see if that helps smooth your ends? You might need to dust anyway, though.

Nanyanika

Hello girl, i understand that you have also experienced the same issue. I just clarified yesterday, so i know its definitely not the issue. i treat my hair weekly with a protein conditioner and use a small amount of porosity control, i notice that my hair is harder to comb through, so i'll cut back on the protein and add more moisturising conditioners, and rollerset instead of airdrying. I will report back on thursday and see what happens.

DON'T DO IT...

I was a little past APL when my ends started doing the exact same thang... So I can picure your permed hair with an afro at the end!! I cut a couple inches and the ends fro'd right back out! Till I cut it chin length and then it was fine.

I would say tough it out....treat it...trim it if you have to (but you prolly don't need to), but maybe change up your routine, clarify, check that moisure/protein/pH balance, and use you some heat...see if you notice any difference.

Sorry I don't have any real advice but I'd say cutting is your last resort!

sylver2

don't cut. I've had frizzy ends for years. Kept cutting them and cutting...didnt work.
everything else worked. rollersetting, serum,leave ins etc..

Nanyanika

don't cut. I've had frizzy ends for years. Kept cutting them and cutting...didnt work.
everything else worked. rollersetting, serum,leave ins etc..

Thanks Sylver this means a lot to me, I will rollerset, add leave-ins, moisturise the hell outto my hair. love you ladies

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
i've checked my ends over and over, i don't have tons of splits. it happens whenever i airdry then comb out my hair. if i wrap set or rollerset, the ends of hair lays flat, and smooth.

Well you seem to know exactly what causes it so stop air drying. Continue to wrap set or rollerset and dry on a cool setting. I don't know but there must be another alternative to cutting off 2" especially when you say that the ends lie flat and smooth when you use a certain technique.

Nanyanika

Well you seem to know exactly what causes it so stop air drying. Continue to wrap set or rollerset and dry on a cool setting. I don't know but there must be another alternative to cutting off 2" especially when you say that the ends lie flat and smooth when you use a certain technique.

Well, i'll have to wait and see how my ends look and feel after my touch-up, and take it from there.

glam-

Just wanted to chime in to say please don;t cut. Your hair is so beautiful. I am sure you can figure out something else to address the frizzy ends.

PuffyBrown

Wow,

My ends are doing the same thing. I have had some success with pulling the hair taught and then rollersetting the ends until it dries but that takes to dang long in the winter...I am just going to start rollersetting more..but you shouldnt cut your hair if you dont have splits just moisturize alot until you can tame those frizzies down.

Saida

wow your hair has grown alot in a year.. amazing amazing, I cant stop looking at that progrees.. oh back to topic

I dont think you should cut, just dust, or try to repair it..