IN MEMORY OF BISHOP CHARLES A. CRAIG III

The Christian world in Detroit is reeling from this. I believe he passed on either Sat. or Sun. morning from a massive heart attack.

He and his brother were known as the Craig Brothers and were two of the founders of the Gospel Music Workshop of America.

He was also the pastor of his church.

Please pray for his wife, brother, family, church family and the GMWofAmerica.

PaperClip

Heart attack occurred Friday, I believe...and then he passed on Saturday morning.... Between Bishop Craig and Timothy Wright (esp. since he was going home from Detroit), it was a heavy weekend....

Here are the arrangements as announced yesterday:

The Staff at DetroitGospel.com Mourns the Passing of
Bishop Charles Craig on Saturday, July 5, 2008

Bishop Charles Craig was the pastor of Craig Memorial Tabernacle, and was one of the pioneers of Detroit gospel music as a member of The Craig Brothers. He was also a Gospel Music Workshop of America (GMWA) board member and served faithfully as theVice-Chair of the Security, Nurses, & Ushers.

We Pray that God will Bring Comfort to His wife, Wanda Craig; brother, James Craig; family; and church members.
SERVICES

Friday, July 11, 2008
Public Viewing begins at 11:00 a.m.
Memorial Musical Friday Evening at 7:00 p.m.

All Friday services are at: Craig Memorial Tabernacle
14201 Puritan St.
Detroit, MI 48227 (313) 838-4882

Saturday, July 12, 2008
HOMEGOING SERVICE at 10:00 a.m.
Second Ebenezer Church
14601 Dequindre Road
Detroit, MI 48212-1503
(I-75 at East McNichols)
Bishop-elect Edgar L. Vann, Senior Pastor

PaperClip

Thanks for the information.

Lord willing, I'm planning on going to the services this Friday evening.

I am 99 percent sure that my uncle will be there (a longtime gospel musician, born and raised and back in Detroit).

There's going to be A LOT of sangin', cryin', sangin, laughin, gators (shoes, y'all), and sangin', and cryin', and rejoicing at the memorial musical....

Peace and comfort go to the entire family and congregation....

Honey6928215

I heard about his passing this morning. I still haven't gotten over Timothy Wright's wife's and grandson's death. Keep them in our prayers.

I heard Rev. Mother, a.k.a. Norma Jean Pender, announce on radio station (am 1340) that the Friday night memorial service was being moved to some church located on Holbrook.

When I find out more information I'll post it.

Beauty4Ashes

I was in Detroit last week for the International COGIC AIM convention. Timothy Wright was at this conference and I had just seen him Friday morning, I believe Bishop Charles was at this convention also. Anywho, my pastor's name is Charles Craig and this is how my Saturday went as I returning to Dallas

Driving to Detroit Airport: I am told on my way to the airport that Timothy Wright has passed along with his wife and grandson in a horrible car accident(the story wasn't clear at that time) He was supposed to sing at a concert the previous night but we were required to leave Cobo Hall at a certain time

Leaving the Dallas Airport: I was on my way home, when I heard that my pastor (Charles Craig) had a massive heart attack in Detroit at the AIM Convention! Of course, it wasn't my pastor it was Bishop Charles Craig III.

A lot of eye opening things occurred this past weekend and my prayers go up to all the families involved in these situations. These events hit so close to home for me. Continue to pray and stay watchful, these are the times that try mens souls...

I heard Rev. Mother, a.k.a. Norma Jean Pender, announce on radio station (am 1340) that the Friday night memorial service was being moved to some church located on Holbrook.

When I find out more information I'll post it.

I misunderstood her. The services will be held as orginally posted.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm so sorry about this news for all of Body of Christ and the family's affected by these tragedies. May the ones who have 'left' rest in peace, the loving arms of Jesus who has received them with joy.

May all who mourn be healed and comforted and find peace beyond the heartaches.

In Jesus's name... Amen.