Pastor Charles Jenkins Has Reportedly Admitted to his Church that he Had an 8-Year Ad

yodie

How sad!!
We have to constantly pray for our leaders and pray for ourselves.

Pastor Charles Jenkins Has Reportedly Admitted to his Church that he Had an 8-Year Adulterous Relationship with a Woman by the name of Mrs. Mundi Griffin; She Admits the Adulterous Relationship as well, but Blasts Pastor Jenkins for Lying About her Extorting him from the Pulpit to Save his Reputation

http://www.blackchristiannews.com/2...he-admits-the-adulterous-relationship-as-wel/

(You have to click on the link to see the text messages)

(Pastor Charles Jenkins is one of the most talented young preachers we have seen come along in a long time. It is our prayer that he and his family get healed and get the help that they need. Unfortunately, this situation is so damaging all the way around that it is our prayer he is strongly considering resigning or at least taking a long sabbatical so he and his wife can get the healing and help that they need. It is our prayer and hope that he has the class not to do what so many preachers caught in bad situations like this do, and that is, to plough ahead like nothing has happened. It would not benefit him, his wife, his children, the church there, or the body of Christ. After much deliberation, BCNN1 is only reporting this to be fair and balanced to all parties involved, to warn the body of Christ to “be sure your sins will find you out” so don’t get involved in evil situations in the first place, and to encourage the body of Christ not to sit and laugh with the world, but to sit and pray for the saints who have stumbled and fallen, to help pick them up, and to pray for the world “for they know not what they do.”)

According to a blog post published by a former member of Fellowship Chicago, Rae Lewis-Thornton, Pastor Charles Jenkins, who has been embroiled in a scandal involving a naked picture of him being posted online, confessed to his church that he had been involved in an 8-year affair with a woman by the name of Mrs. Mundi Griffin. It is reported that Jenkins made the confession with his wife, Tara Jenkins, by his side on Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014.

Mundi Griffin
Mundi Griffin
Jenkins said that “he had already asked his wife for forgiveness and was now appealing to the church” to do the same. According to the report by Rae Lewis-Thornton, a former church member, Jenkins allegedly named the woman involved in the affair — Mrs. Mundi Griffin (a Chicago businesswoman) — and claimed that she was now extorting him. Mrs. Mundi Griffin, however, denies extorting Rev. Charles Jenkins, and calls him a “liar”. She further told him in a text message, “for you to fabricate a story to defend your reputation and publicize it is irresponsible and disgusting. I have kept our affair a secret even beyond my departure. But you elect to wrongfully defame me across your pulpit.”

While the affair was going on, Mrs. Griffin (who had been married for a year) worked for Fellowship Chicago (then known as Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church) and was paid a salary of $106,000. Jenkins allegedly fired two other church officials in order to hire Griffin and be able to pay her the six-figure salary. Griffin, who joined the church in 2004, left the church after five years, however, she said the affair continued for three years after that.

In her post, Thornton said that she knows Mrs. Griffin personally and interviewed her about the affair. In the interview, Griffin states that Pastor Jenkins had promised to leave his wife for her. Griffin said their relationship “ended on peaceful terms” and that “there was nothing to talk about publicly.”

When the picture of Charles Jenkins appeared on the Obnoxious Blog a few weeks ago, Griffin received a series of text messages from Jenkins in which he accused her of releasing the photo, said he “wanted it to end,” and asked “what will it take to end this.” Those text messages, as posted by Rae Lewis-Thornton, are below:

Last edited:

LiftedUp

Re: Pastor Charles Jenkins Has Reportedly Admitted to his Church that he Had an 8-Yea

I clicked the link. Absolutely disgusting! I think that she should step down and serve the church in other ways. My prayers and best wishes are with his wife and children. This is my worst nightmare.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Re: Pastor Charles Jenkins Has Reportedly Admitted to his Church that he Had an 8-Yea

Never heard of this man until now. :nono:

yodie

I love his song "Awesome."

Are we wrong to expect more of pastors/ministers?

yodie

I wonder if Pastor Jenkins came clean out of true repentance or because of the extortion??
UGH!!

HoneyCurlz

2 words....NOT surprised.

I'll share a little about why I said this...several years back, I was in a jewelry store and saw him. Let me tell you, this man was checking me out so badly and finally came up to me and was trying all kinds of small talk. :perplexed

Come on married man! I mentioned something about my husband and he must have kinda got the hint and slithered on away from me.

But I always remembered that about my little "run in" with him so this is why this info does not shock me!!

Last edited:

yodie

^^^ why?

Posted before I saw your post.

HoneyCurlz

^^^ why?

Posted before I saw your post.

Oh, ok..I thought you were asking me why he did it! lol

I was about to say, I do not know. :lol:

But all this time, everything time I see something featuring him, I wondered if he was just a flat out cheater on this wife based on how I perceived him that day and sure enough...now this.

How sad but very easy for me to believe.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

They need to quit praying that he'll step down and fire him.

That man let go of 2 employees to pay his jumpoff over a hun'ned thousand for I'm guessing doing a whole lot of nothing. That on it's own should be reason enough to have already start interviewing replacements.

8 years of standing on a pulpit telling folks to do right when he knew he was doing wrong. :nono:

yodie

I agree he needs to step down.

Shimmie

Staff member

Never heard of this man until now. :nono:

He songs " My God is Awesome"

Thanks GodsPromises :yep:

I also apologize to you yodie if my response had a cryptic tone. I was in transit when I responded and typing from my phone.

I'm also ashamed to admit that I had no clue as to who/whom this man is. I appreciate each of you for sharing with me. And yes, I will pray for his family, him as well. :yep:

He cannot be permitted to continue in Ministry as a leader but as one in repentance and under guidance and strict counsel.

yodie

Shimmie, No worries. I took no offense to anything you said.

JaneBond007

He's asked his wife forgiveness but it'll take twice the amount of time they've been married for her to trust him again. Good luck. Apologizing is not going to be a quick fix.

momi

Why he still has any members is beyond me. Their continued support makes them just as culpable in my opinion.

Shimmie you know him - he sings that song.... Awesome that is played to it's death on the radio.

mensa

You mean the song that says, Our God Is Awesome
He can move mountains...?

No, not him!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Loving

^^ I can't believe it either

yodie

You mean the song that says, Our God Is Awesome
He can move mountains...?

No, not him!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Yes!!! He's the one. I love that song.

Shimmie

Staff member

Why he still has any members is beyond me. Their continued support makes them just as culpable in my opinion.

Shimmie you know him - he sings that song.... Awesome that is played to it's death on the radi

Whoa, whoa, whoa..... Can someone post a link to the song... Please? I'm commuting and typing from my phone. Thanks so much

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

Yodie, thank you for the link. You know what came into my thoughts?

God said to Adam: "how did you know you were naked?"

The answer: His sin was uncovered

Those pictures of this Pastor which displayed, uncovered / exposed his sin.

Sexual sin is no joke. Just look at the consequences of it. The pain it causes others as well as those sinning.

Be mindful, there is more to become exposed and dethroned. There will be three homosexuals revealed among them / exposed and it will be a shockwave to many. God is cleaning house. The counterfeits will be dethroned. The Joshua's and Caleb's are arising who will not fall back, nor yield to perdition nor bribery, nor compromise. For a different spirit they have within .... The Holy Spirit of God.

Many of you will be the wife of them... A legion in number of true men of God who will fulfill the order of God's Kingdom here on earth.

Be ready... Be faithful in faith and in prayer. God has not forsaken the hearts of His daughters who are faithful. Believe .... for God is God and is fulfilling all that He has promised . Stand and Believe.

In Jesus' Name.... Amen

yodie

Shimmie, thanks for sharing. Jackie's message definitely spoke and in her speaking and this latest scandal with Pastor Jenkins, it just confirms, once again, that God uses whomever he chooses. Even me with all my flaws and filth. My spirit bows. My mouth shuts.

Shimmie

Staff member

Shimmie, thanks for sharing. Jackie's message definitely spoke and in her speaking and this latest scandal with Pastor Jenkins, it just confirms, once again, that God uses whomever he chooses. Even me with all my flaws and filth. My spirit bows. My mouth shuts.

Wasn't that an awesome message? Hey, it shut me down...for a minute.

Can you imagine that? Me, Shimmie shut down for a whole, minute. :look:

I was indeed. :lol:

yodie

^^^I know what you mean by shut down.

Simply_elle

I love his song "Awesome." Are we wrong to expect more of pastors/ministers?

YES.

I'm not Christian... But I think everyone has to welcome god in their own way. These Demi gods made of men sickens me. He's JUST a regla old man like you and I. Oh pastor such and such... I'm perplexed because the idol way they're revered, seemed contradictory. I place no credence in any human... To me I just read "Joe regular had an 8 year affair with Suzy Reglaheaux" ...

*Backs out of Christianity forum*