In the salon and trying not to freak out

zzirvingj

So I'm in the salon...I scheduled an appointment for a color. I've always worn my hair black so I needed a change.

Anywho when the stylist starts looking through my hair she asks if I've ever had ANY color in my hair...ever? I tell her yes, I've dyed it black to cover the greys. She asked when was the last time I had done that and I told her about 6 months ago. She paused and said "that changes everything".

She said she was glad she asked before starting my color and explains that she will need to lift color out of my hair first. So she does that first and says we are good to go forward with the color.

So. She colors me and waits about 15 minutes and says the parts that have been dyed before "are not doing anything" and that it looks like it's also been a lot less than 6 months since I last colored it :/

So I'm sitting here in the chair and feeling some kinda way cuz I feel bad I didn't tell her about me rinsing prior to today, but she never asked. And I had an in person consultation with her prior to today's appointment and I wasn't asked then. Might i add that I've been to this stylist before so this isnt her first time styling me.

Anyways, the color has been in my hair for over half an hour and I don't know what her plan is if it doesn't take :/

Use your words girl. Ask her the "what if" questions. Do not be afraid to ask especially since you are in the middle of a process on your head.

Also since you are getting a lighter color on top of a black coloring keep your hair conditioned well while you have this color in your hair.

Isn't rinse the same as color? It is color it was just rinsed into your hair.

She probably knows you did something. Stylist are accustomed to clients telling little white lies about their hair.

Don't stress right now. Just ask if she can check on your color since its been so long. If she wants to add another color to lift it then you should probably think about the consequences.

Tell her about the color rinse so she is aware. She obviously can tell something is going on since she said it seems like you colored it more recently than 6 months ago.

To clarify guys, I did tell her about rinsing it when she asked me. And I told her the truth that it's been 6 months since I last rinsed (colored) it.

I was saying I just didn't think to tell her about the rinsing til she asked, which wasn't until today's appointment.

Personally...I wouldn't let her bleach it again. I have heard enough bleaching horror stories...and I don't think anyone here has had it done twice in same day. Regardless if it didn't "take" it's still a chemical.

What happened?! I hope she didn't bleach your hair again. My hair was really damaged from multiple color services in one day. It looked good right out of the salon, but as time went by, my hair got worse and worse. I hope you hightailed it outta there.

It REALLY hard to lift black out of the hair once it's been done. Also, as a general rule, its also very damaging to move more than 3 levels lighter on the color scale. What color were you trying to achieve?

I hope you didn't let her try to remove the color again

Back