Increased growth with supplements only...Is it possible?

nakialovesshoes

Happy New Year's ladies...

B/c of my laziness/inconsistency w/applying topical growth aids, I decided to do a 4 week experiment. (See my siggy.)

So far I've had tree braids for 2 weeks & in some areas I have 1/2 inch & in some areas, I have a little over 1/4 inch. The last time I had tree braids I was doing the GroAut line & I got this type of growth but when I posted some ladies were skeptical & said that my washing my hair had made the cornrows loose.

So...this time I haven't & won't be doing any washing.

With all that said, I just wanted 2 know if there were ladies out there using supplements only getting more than the normal 1/2" per month. TIA...

Ummm, well before I started OCT, I was using Shen Min(i think that's how you spell it), and my hair grew pretty quick. I know because I stopped using it, and notice that my hair was different, but now I'm using OCT, my hair is growing it's but off, I had a relaxer on Dec 6, and I can barely comb my hair and I stretch atleast 3 or 4 months.....But to answer your question, yes, you can get good growth with vitamins.....IMO, Grow aids can only last for so long, because your hair will get use to it, and you probably won't get good growth like you did when you first started using it. But some vitamins that I have heard about are Hair Formula 37 and Viviscal, they are good hair vitamins. Right now I'm taking Hairfinity. HTH

caramelma

I think its different for everyone because when I got my sewin in august I was using growth aids and taking biotin,msm,b complex, and a multi vitamin and I got good growth but when I got my sewin in october I didnt use anything just to see the difference and I still got good growth so IDK.

nakialovesshoes

I think its different for everyone because when I got my sewin in august I was using growth aids and taking biotin,msm,b complex, and a multi vitamin and I got good growth but when I got my sewin in october I didnt use anything just to see the difference and I still got good growth so IDK.

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. Well, I had a sew-in in October but I wasn't consistent w/the topical growth aids. However, earlier this year I had the tree braids & was consistent w/the GroAut line. I got the infamous 1 inch in a month. Judging by the new growth I have now, I'll probably see an 1 inch during this 4 week experiment as well. If so, no more topical growth aids for me! I'll just continue taking my supplements & let it do what it do...