Indian oil mixture needed!! this is what I have...

missnurselady

I found two indian stores online and ran out and picked up a couple of things that I saw mentioned on some threads. Now I need to know how they are used. I brought Dabur Vitika, Dabur Amla,Navratna oil, brahmi oil, and jasmine oil. Does anyone have a special mixture or a certain way that you use these oils? Only the name on these things are in english so I'm lost! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!:confused:

longmanediva

It's funny that you mention this..... I went to an indian grocery store here in northern VA and picked up some amla oil for $3.49 and rose water for $1.99. I was stunned because online it's like $8 or $9. I got the idea to put it in the day b4 you wash your hair from CandyC (check out her fotki) it's pretty good. Also, I did research on how it can benefit your hair (the amla oil) and everything thing said that it prevents hair loss and breakage AND stimulates the scalp and brings back hair color or something of that nature, I was amped so I looked online for an indian grocery store near my job. Lo and behold I found one like 10 min away.:D

I put some on my scalp and hair last night and massaged it in and everything and "WHEW" the smell is "VERY" strong (smells like bergamot) the grease our mom put in our heads as little kids but like 10x stronger. I couldn't sleep (tossing and turning ALL night), so not only does that stuff stimulate your scalp but it stimulates your whole body I guess because I COULD NOT get much sleep. I'm not sleepy today though which is surprising, but I I'm going to wash it out tonight and see if it makes a difference. I WILL NOT put it in my hair at night anymore, I'll tell you that much. I will only put it in in the morning and wash it out at night..... Hope this helps.:ohwell:

Candygirl

Candygirl
I'm an Indian Oil fanatic, me and my daughter that is. We both use the amla oil,navratna,and the brahmi faithfully. I add amla into my daily leave in spray and it has worked wonders for both our hair. W e also add amla into our hair grease,just mix it well with a spoon. You can use it as a hot oil treatment before or after shampoos. We prefer to hot oil our scalps after the shampoo with brahmi. It heals hair conditions like sore scalp,dandruff, and promotes hair growth as well. Now for the navratna you have to be a bit more careful because it can overstimulate your scalp if you use too much. It has an effect like Vicks vapor rub. A little goes a long way with this oil. But, when you do massage some into your scalp its effects are exhilirating and relaxing. I know I once sprained my ankle really bad and warmed this oil up and rubbed my ankle daily. It not only relieved the pain but brought down the swelling as well. I can't choose between which one is the best because once you start to use these oils you will never give them up. Just my opinion.