Input Needed. Maxiglide, is it worth the $ ???

chestnutblonde

Hey fellow LHCF ladies, I just saw the informercial for the Maxiglide flat iron. I wrote down the telephone number and I'm really contemplating purchasing this item. For all of you who have used it, or know someone who has, would you recommed it? Could I stop relaxing my hair if I used this flat iron every two weeks? I really need some imput before I make this purchase. Thanks.

Lucia

I love it, it's the best iron yet, better than the ceramics without steam becasue it gets my hair straight in 1 pass, and I'm done with my hair in 30 mins. My hair is very curly, thck and natural.

Hi! I posted this on another thread. Bed Bath & Beyond and Linen & Things both have them for $80.00. Right now, Bed Bath & beyond has a 20% coupon on any purchase circulating...good thru 10/11/05. Check it out..

ajargon02

I believe that afashionslave has used the maxiglide before, and really liked the results. You may want to shoot her a pm, or check out her album on fotki.com to see what her results were.

chestnutblonde

SerenityBreeze, I went to the Bed Bath and Beyond website, but I dont see the 20% off coupon, do you have a code that I should put in at checkout?

Ajargon02, thanks for the heads up. I took a look at babygurl's fotki album and she used it and that's what makes me want to invest in it.

Anyone else with input is welcome. Thanks ladies.

bklyncurly

I love Maxiglide! :) Just be careful, the iron gets very hot. I have very, very, very thick hair and the #5 setting (the setting I use) is plenty hot. Don't even think about 10!! :eek:

chestnutblonde

Locabouthair, I didnt really do anything. I just started to pay attention to my hair. Prior to joining the forum, I would go the salon and get rollersets every week. I love the products that the Domincans use on my hair but it was getting kind of expensive going every week. Now, I was my hair myself once a week. I rotate between Nexxus products and Neutrogena Triple Moisture. I think I'm going to put my Motions CPR back into rotation. After washing and conditioning, I blow dry and style. I just started to take vitamins and drink water. We'll see what happens in a year's time since now I'm really paying attention to the growth of my hair, especially since I just colored it 2 weeks ago (pics are on the way once I get a relaxer).

For those who use the Maxiglide, could you give up relaxing your hair if you used the maxiglide every 2 weeks or so???? I really need to know, because I want to stop relaxing, but I want to keep my hair straight. Thanks for the responses, keep them comming.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Maxiglide lover in da house! I have very thick 4a hair and I can straighten my hair in one pass with a setting of 4! I have some pics in my album. I got mine in February and used it a total of 4 times with beautiful results everytime.

Not sure I would stop relaxing though. I don't use heat on my hair that often. If you are looking to straighten your hair every now and then this is a great product.

HTH

chestnutblonde said:
SerenityBreeze, I went to the Bed Bath and Beyond website, but I dont see the 20% off coupon, do you have a code that I should put in at checkout?

I am sorry, I failed to mention that I got it the mail. I will check it out and see if it has a promotional code on it.

KansasHalo

Lucia said:
I love it, it's the best iron yet, better than the ceramics without steam becasue it gets my hair straight in 1 pass, and I'm done with my hair in 30 mins. My hair is very curly, thck and natural.

Ditto for me. I am natural and I love this iron. I kicked my FHI to the curb for this one. I have noticed too that may hair doesn't get frizzy either.

Babygurl

No broken hairs, no burn smell, and the steam is heavenly!!! Its the only iron I touch my hair with. Would I stop relaxing, no, and I dont think I could ever use heat like that every 2 weeks.

Last edited: