Relaxed Maxiglide users check-in!

Divine Inspiration

I'm in the market to purchase a new flat iron, and I was thinking of trying the Maxiglide, but I've only heard raves from naturals who want a sleek look.

Any relaxed heads enjoying this iron?

sylver2

Well, I got one for Xmas and used it other day.
The results are in my siggy. 17 weeks post relaxer, and I didn't really have to use it like my other flat irons. It took me only 15 mins to lightly go over ends of hair.
I :love: MAXIGLIDE

Divine Inspiration

sylver2 said:
The results are in my siggy. 17 weeks post relaxer, and I didn't really have to use it like my other flat irons. It took me only 15 mins to lightly go over ends of hair.

:eek: Whaaaaaaaaat? That is BEEYOOTIFUL!!! Um, so, yeah, I'm investigating the Maxiglide sellers in my area tomorrow! :lol:

cocoberry10

Divine Inspiration:

My sister just got me into the Chi Flat Iron. I love it. It gets my hair sleek and straight, but let me know about MaxiGlide. Also, what were the results of the Christmas Stretch Club? I was busy with work and holiday preparation, so I wasn't able to get online like I normally do, and see how it turned out for you all.

Coco!

Isis

sylver2 said:

Oh my. Your results are amazingly beautiful!!! I didn't realize Maxiglide worked so well with relaxed heads (I tried to leave a comment in your album)!

Divine Inspiration

cocoberry10 said:
Divine Inspiration:

My sister just got me into the Chi Flat Iron. I love it. It gets my hair sleek and straight, but let me know about MaxiGlide. Also, what were the results of the Christmas Stretch Club? I was busy with work and holiday preparation, so I wasn't able to get online like I normally do, and see how it turned out for you all.

Coco!

Aw man! I was thinking of getting the 1" CHI w/ the heat dial, but then I was gonna get the Maxi, but now I'm thinkin bout the CHI again...:::sigh::: decisions, decisions. :ohwell:

CarLiTa

Divine, it's always like we're looking for the same things. I want a new flat iron too.

I want to get a 1/2" flat iron so that it'll be easier to go over my roots.

amy1234

all I can say is "I love my chi!!"
although I have been tempted to get the maxiglide, I think what makes it so great is that it has those teeth on the iron that helps to smoothen/detangle the hair while you flat-iron.
When I use my chi, I tend to use a fine toothed comb and gently comb the section before flat ironing, which probably is the same effect as using the maxi.hth

Divine Inspiration

CarLiTa said:
Divine, it's always like we're looking for the same things. I want a new flat iron too.

I want to get a 1/2" flat iron so that it'll be easier to go over my roots.

Yes girl! We *really* are hair twins.:lol: Have you decided which one you're going to get?

Divine Inspiration

Ok, so today I stopped by Bed, Bath, and Beyond to see if they had the Maxi. Theirs was $80 which is much less than the CHI I had my eye on. Plus, every few weeks, BB&B sends me 20% off coupons. I ususally chunk them, but I'm gonna hang on to the next one and use it to purchase a Maxiglide.

Thanks ladies....I'll post my results!

*ElleB

I just bought mine today! I am about 5 months post, and it got my hair straight....But it took me 4ever! My roots were so horribly matted!!

vickiepickles

All About Me!
Divine Inspiration said:
Ok, so today I stopped by Bed, Bath, and Beyond to see if they had the Maxi. Theirs was $80 which is much less than the CHI I had my eye on. Plus, every few weeks, BB&B sends me 20% off coupons. I ususally chunk them, but I'm gonna hang on to the next one and use it to purchase a Maxiglide.

Thanks ladies....I'll post my results!
Linens and Things will honor BB&B coupons and vice versa. Linens and Things will also honor 20% off one item coupons for 60 days after the expiration date!

southie20

I ordered the Maxiglide and HATED it!!!!!! I my oppinion DO NOT BUY this product!!!!!!!!
I used the MaxiGlide in my hair and it did not glide through my new growth like they claimed that it would. On their live demonstrations they said that people with relaxed hair should use it instead of relaxers or use it to straighten their new growth between relaxers. I ordered the Maxi glide to stretch my relaxers. When I used it on my new growth, it did not even begin to glide through my hair. When I put it on my new growth (I have 4a hair) and attempted to glide it through my hair, it got stuck. About three to four seconds later the entire section of hair that I was trying to straighten fell into the sink. The Maxi Glide burned the whole section of my hair off. I was so UPSET. I sent the Maxi Glide back immediatedly and recieved a refund. I then contacted the company to make a complaint. I spoke with the secretary and told her what happend. She told me that she would have the manager call me back. A few weeks went by and the manager never called so I tryed to call him again. Once again the secretary told me that manager would call me back and he never did. This went on for months until I called one day and somone else answered the phone and put me through to the manager. I told the manager what happened and demaned to speak with Mr. Maxius (I think that's his name.) He told me that he would have him contact me. He then told me that the "MaxiGlide is really meant for people with curly to wavy hair." He also told me that the MaxiGlide is not really for really tightly curled or kinky hair. He then went on to say that that is the reason why mostly all of the women of color on the informercials all have curly hair (2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 3c.) I was outragged and I then demaned that he have Mr. Maxius call me immediatly. This happen about 1 1/2 years ago, and I still haven't heard from Mr. Maxius. I even filed a complaint with the Shop at Home network (that is where I bought it.) They said that they would contact him for me or try have him call me the next time he was in the studio/on air. I have seen him on air on the Shop At Home network at least 15 times since then and I still haven't heard from him. The last time I tryed to contact him was about a month ago and I still have not gotten a reply.

Divine Inspiration

:eek: Oooooh, that doesn't sound good at ALL. Well, at least you were able to get a refund. That still sucks though. Hmmm...I'll have to keep this in mind b/c I'm a 4a as well. Maybe I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work out, I'll return it to the store and go elsewhere to get the 1" CHI I had my eye on.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, girl!:ohwell:

sylver2

southie20 said:
I ordered the Maxiglide and HATED it!!!!!! I my oppinion DO NOT BUY this product!!!!!!!!
I used the MaxiGlide in my hair and it did not glide through my new growth like they claimed that it would. On their live demonstrations they said that people with relaxed hair should use it instead of relaxers or use it to straighten their new growth between relaxers. I ordered the Maxi glide to stretch my relaxers. When I used it on my new growth, it did not even begin to glide through my hair. When I put it on my new growth (I have 4a hair) and attempted to glide it through my hair, it got stuck. About three to four seconds later the entire section of hair that I was trying to straighten fell into the sink. The Maxi Glide burned the whole section of my hair off. I was so UPSET. I sent the Maxi Glide back immediatedly and recieved a refund. I then contacted the company to make a complaint. I spoke with the secretary and told her what happend. She told me that she would have the manager call me back. A few weeks went by and the manager never called so I tryed to call him again. Once again the secretary told me that manager would call me back and he never did. This went on for months until I called one day and somone else answered the phone and put me through to the manager. I told the manager what happened and demaned to speak with Mr. Maxius (I think that's his name.) He told me that he would have him contact me. He then told me that the "MaxiGlide is really meant for people with curly to wavy hair." He also told me that the MaxiGlide is not really for really tightly curled or kinky hair. He then went on to say that that is the reason why mostly all of the women of color on the informercials all have curly hair (2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 3c.) I was outragged and I then demaned that he have Mr. Maxius call me immediatly. This happen about 1 1/2 years ago, and I still haven't heard from Mr. Maxius. I even filed a complaint with the Shop at Home network (that is where I bought it.) They said that they would contact him for me or try have him call me the next time he was in the studio/on air. I have seen him on air on the Shop At Home network at least 15 times since then and I still haven't heard from him. The last time I tryed to contact him was about a month ago and I still have not gotten a reply.

Wow..so sorry it didn't work for u.
I watched the DvD that came with my Maxiglide at least 3 times and stopped and pasued with iron in my hand to make sure i can master it.
The one thing they stress is to not press hard with the maxiglide like we do with other flat irons. They say if you press hard it will pull hair.
Its very tricky to maneuver the maxiglide, because if u do use it like the other flat irons it will pull your hair.
The trick is to glide thru roots and hair very loosely. The steam/heat is straightening your hair, not the plates themselves.
I did this on my 4a hair with 17 weeks post relaxer new growth. Glided thru like butter, no problems. I also had it on a lower heat setting..around 5.
I don't understand y the man Mr maxius would tell u that, probably to try to think of anything to say so u won't be angry
again sorry about your experience with it.

southie20

Sylver2

I read the directions over and over before I started. (Mine did not come with a DVD.) I didn't push down hard either. I had iron set on 5 (it may have been set on 4) so that it wouldn't be that hot for my first use. Dispite all of that my hair still fell out.

The people at Maxi Glide said that mine may have been defective. They offered to replace it but I declined since the manager told me that it really meant for people with curly or wavy hair.

Last edited:

churchie

Hello all. I'm a newbie here, but recently used the Maxiglide and loved the results. At first I was concerned - you all know we don't usally like steam near our hair- but with the new information I have learned here and letting go of a lot of misinformation, I gave it a try and it turned out great. One purchase I'm glad I made.