Interpretation of Dreams, Christian Perspective

Guitarhero

Are there any websites that offer a christian perspective to interpreting dreams? I had the weirdest one last night. I was invited to someone's home along with a group of people and we sat down to dine. The hostess started clapping, calling her pet to come. It didn't. She continued, smiling all the time and then this big, huge crimson snake! came to the the table and everybody tensed up. This stupid thing went under the table and came straight to me, climbing on my lap and surrounding me. It climbed down looking for others and then I freaked and stood up and this other person seated at the table told me sternly to sit down. What? It was like a rebuke but not for my own good, something rather that they didn't like me. This snake returned to me because I stood up and it climbed on me again, around my waist and started going down my spine, down into my underwear :)blush:) and I told the hostess that it was enough, too much, it should be going down my undies at all. It went away. The dream was so vivid, I awoke screaming :perplexed.

Want to take a shot at it? I read on one website that Jungian or Freudian perspectives shouldn't be applied to a christian interpretation. What say you? Do I have an enemy as close as my undies :lachen: I didn't think of it as sexual at all because I know that those who practice Kundalini (I do not) describe the snake entering the base of their spine. So, I'm thinking that some evil is attempting to enter my soul????? I'm not going to defect at all.

Last edited:

SvelteVelvet

I'll bite...

Sounds like a snake in the midst in your life to me..Maybe the person is already there or maybe the person is coming. The person is or will be very charming, persuasive, manipulative and able to convince others around that they are good for you (the rebuke when you tried to get up) but there will always be something in your gut telling you to run..and you probably should..if you can...

ETA: I left and this just came to me. Regarding the pet in the beginning, if this really is a prophetic dream, keep an eye out for someone around who refuses to 'join the crowd', gives a warning or separates themselves from the 'situation'.

Sorry for the ... :lachen: but seriously if it's bothering you a lot, pray about it. While you are at it, ask the Lord for better discernment of people in your life and people coming into your life. I'd actually advise you to fast and pray on that.

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
So the woman was calling the snake in the beginning? The snake was her pet?

I can't offer an interpretation of it's meaning for you so much as another set of eyes to observe what happened in the dream.
So here it goes. There was a gathering led by someone.

Things appear civil and cordial, and the leader seems like she has something good to share with the group. But what the leader actually has to share is something dangerous and unpredictable. No one is really sure how to handle it, but you see its danger and stand against it. Because you resist, you are resisted in return by the person next to you and the snake itself. The goal is to make you stay and take part in that which you know is wrong...which could be why the snake entered your underwear, symbolizing wrongness taken too far, wrongness without restraint.

The snake in your dream is unexpected, unpredictable, prone to do harm. Others are tense but perhaps do not clearly see it's danger or the inappropriateness of it. The hostess/leader may have more plans in mind than she is letting on.

There is a Christian dream expert whose name escapes me, but I quoted him in another thred on this topic in the CF, so it's searchable. But he notes that we should pay close attention to how we feel and respond in our dreams. You had a strong reaction that what was going on was not right, that what was happening in the situation was wrong, so that's probably a clue as to what should be taken from it.

Fwiw, I didn't get the impression that the snake was there specifically to attack you, but that the snake set upon you because you stood against it's presence.

You're a woman of strong conviction. Hold fast to it!

Guitarhero

I'll bite...

Sounds like a snake in the midst in your life to me..Maybe the person is already there or maybe the person is coming. The person is or will be very charming, persuasive, manipulative and able to convince others around that they are good for you (the rebuke when you tried to get up) but there will always be something in your gut telling you to run..and you probably should..if you can...

ETA: I left and this just came to me. Regarding the pet in the beginning, if this really is a prophetic dream, keep an eye out for someone around who refuses to 'join the crowd', gives a warning or separates themselves from the 'situation'.

Sorry for the ... :lachen: but seriously if it's bothering you a lot, pray about it. While you are at it, ask the Lord for better discernment of people in your life and people coming into your life. I'd actually advise you to fast and pray on that.

Thanks! You're laughing about the underwear bit, ain't cha? :lachen:

Guitarhero

Because you resist, you are resisted in return by the person next to you and the snake itself. The goal is to make you stay and take part in that which you know is wrong...which could be why the snake entered your underwear, symbolizing wrongness taken too far, wrongness without restraint.

The snake in your dream is unexpected, unpredictable, prone to do harm.

You're a woman of strong conviction. Hold fast to it!

Thanks!!! I was getting scared because I had viewed some yoga tapes, real stuff from India, and there was something about kundalini and Iwas like, "hey, I don't want any snake entering my body through my spine!" I think there's a deeper meaning other than accepting other gods or something. Backbone, something is up! Thanks because you two truly helped me along today. And just coming back reading "underwear," I had to laugh at my own story.:lachen::lachen: Underwear indeed! Yes, I wear granny hipsters.:drunk:

nathansgirl1908

I won't infringe on what the other ladies have said, but I just want to say that I believe most snake dreams indicate the presence of an enemy in your life who is about to try and do harm to you.