Odd Dreams?? Help in anyway!

Mimi22

I've been having on and off odd dreams for about 2 months now:nono:

For a couple of weeks it was of snakes chasing me, attacking or me saving children from snakes. It was awful, so much so I couldnt sleep becuz of the literal fear of a snake attack :(

I prayed and prayed, afterwards things calmed down and I was able to get great sleep!:yep:

But last night my dream was AWFUL!!
I had a dream not of snakes, but of bees attacking, with the added sting! I woke up actually feeling spots on my legs stinging and hurting:nono:
I prayed again and I'm hoping to shed some light into this! I dont know what to do or what they mean!

I'm just really distressed now, what do u ladies think of such dreams???

OhmyKimB

You know I really don't know. I've been having wierd dreams too. I can use a dream dictionary to look up snakes but I dunno how close that will be to the actual meaning of your dream.

OhmyKimB

Snake

To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

I got that from dreammoods.com but I dunno if it'll fit.

Usually if I have a dream I look it up but then pray about it too, to see if I can gain better understanding of it.

HeChangedMyName

Talk to God about it. There are may oldwives tales and such that will tell you what dreams mean, but God is the ultimate authority.

NaturallyGraceful

Mimi I've been where you are.

I had snake dreams for about a year,many years ago when I was a young woman and I learned that for me, it meant that I had real enemies and my anger towards them was out of control which meant that they had the upper hand. At that time my enemies were close & it was eating me up inside-I was so angry, so I would have these dreams of snakes(which I've always been terrified of) & I would wake up so bothered & tired because I had been running from them in my dreams all night. It was even making my health bad.
I had to first acknowledge what was going on with me internally & then decide to deal with it spiritually. Every night I read Psalms 3 in it's entirety and every night I slept like a baby.

Psalm 3

A psalm of David when he ran away from his son Absalom.

1 Lord, I have so many enemies!
So many people are rising up against me!
2 Many are saying about me,
"God will not save him."
Selah

3 Lord, you are like a shield that keeps me safe.
You honor me. You help me win the battle.
4 I call out to the Lord.
He answers me from his holy hill.
Selah

5 I lie down and sleep.
I wake up again, because the Lord takes care of me.
6 I won't be afraid of the tens of thousands
who are lined up against me on every side.
7 Lord, rise up!
My God, save me!
Strike all my enemies in the face.
Break the teeth of sinful people.
8 Lord, you are the one who saves.
May your blessing be on your people.
Selah

Every now I then I might have a snake dream, but it's nothing like it use to be-I don't wake up afraid & bothered like I use to, but I awake guarded & prayerful. If I can't figure it out right at that moment, then I just sit still until God reveals it to me.

Blessings,
T.

ceedeelight

Talk to God about it. There are may oldwives tales and such that will tell you what dreams mean, but God is the ultimate authority.

I agree with SuperNova. God is the ultimate authority about what your dreams mean. Ask Him to bring clarity and meaning to those dreams. Also, to give you peace and a restful sleep if you are troubled by them.

mrselle

As others have said, talk to God about it. I will tell you that whenever I’ve had dreams about snakes, the snake always represented the enemy/devil. The same holds true for dogs, lizards and cats. I’ve had dreams of dogs biting me and that meant the enemy was attacking me. I once had a dream that I was trying to walk up this grassy hill, but a swarm of bees attacked me. I had to praise God in order to get the bees to leave me alone. This was God’s way of telling me that my deliverance was in praising Him. I’ve had dreams about lizards that changed colors whenever I would touch them. This was God’s way of warning me about a person in my life who was shady and could not be trusted. Talk to God about your dreams. He will give you the answers you are looking for.

Avyn

I had the same thing happen to me but with dogs chasing and biting me. When I woke up I felt the bites. Soon after that, I went through some of the biggest trials and warfare of my life to date. Pray for God's guidance and strength as you proceed through the next season of your life. Not to say that the same thing will happen to you, but pray against the attack of the enemy and begin to put on the whole armor of God every day. Also, ask God to give you insight as to the enemy's whereabouts and plans and how you can stand in victory over and against them. Begin to get into the Word like never before, this is the biggest thing. The word will begin to spring forth knowledge and wisdom you'll need to understand the dreams and situations in your life. The Bible says that we are not ignorant of the enemy's devices. I can honestly say that God had begun showing me where the enemy was, but I chose to ignore the signs and guideposts he put before me...or maybe I should say that I didn't know what to do with what I was feeling and seeing, being new to spiritual warfare and not having people I could go to for help. I hope this helps, I will be interceding for you.

Mimi22

Mimi I've been where you are.

I had snake dreams for about a year,many years ago when I was a young woman and I learned that for me, it meant that I had real enemies and my anger towards them was out of control which meant that they had the upper hand. At that time my enemies were close & it was eating me up inside-I was so angry, so I would have these dreams of snakes(which I've always been terrified of) & I would wake up so bothered & tired because I had been running from them in my dreams all night. It was even making my health bad.
I had to first acknowledge what was going on with me internally & then decide to deal with it spiritually. Every night I read Psalms 3 in it's entirety and every night I slept like a baby.

Psalm 3

A psalm of David when he ran away from his son Absalom.

1 Lord, I have so many enemies!
So many people are rising up against me!
2 Many are saying about me,
"God will not save him."
Selah

3 Lord, you are like a shield that keeps me safe.
You honor me. You help me win the battle.
4 I call out to the Lord.
He answers me from his holy hill.
Selah

5 I lie down and sleep.
I wake up again, because the Lord takes care of me.
6 I won't be afraid of the tens of thousands
who are lined up against me on every side.
7 Lord, rise up!
My God, save me!
Strike all my enemies in the face.
Break the teeth of sinful people.
8 Lord, you are the one who saves.
May your blessing be on your people.
Selah

Every now I then I might have a snake dream, but it's nothing like it use to be-I don't wake up afraid & bothered like I use to, but I awake guarded & prayerful. If I can't figure it out right at that moment, then I just sit still until God reveals it to me.

Blessings,
T.

this means alot to me! Its been so frustrating. The snakes, now bees?
I'm doing my best to keep myself in the best spirits with everyone, even when they dont reciprocate those feelings.

Thank u all ladies! I'm gonna keep praying for a revelation and strength. I dont know whats around the corner, but I do know I cant have these tormenting dreams every night:nono:

chicacanella

Please, please, please pray to God about it. I would be very careful when speaking of dream interpretation as this could easily go into divination and other ungodly realmsn.

Kiadodie

I've been having on and off odd dreams for about 2 months now:nono:

For a couple of weeks it was of snakes chasing me, attacking or me saving children from snakes. It was awful, so much so I couldnt sleep becuz of the literal fear of a snake attack :(

I prayed and prayed, afterwards things calmed down and I was able to get great sleep!:yep:

But last night my dream was AWFUL!!
I had a dream not of snakes, but of bees attacking, with the added sting! I woke up actually feeling spots on my legs stinging and hurting:nono:
I prayed again and I'm hoping to shed some light into this! I dont know what to do or what they mean!

I'm just really distressed now, what do u ladies think of such dreams???

I've had snakes in my dreams too before. It usually means an enemy or enemies that are jealous of you so be cautious of who you are around. Most off all pray about it to the Lord that whatever the situation is that He can protect you from it. :yep: