Interview with "Miss Jessie's" Titi Branch

SEMO

I haven't quite read it all yet, but it seems like an interesting read. I think it was bold (and a good PR move) for one of the owners to be candid about their thoughts on things (related to Miss Jessies and natural hair in general). Thanks for posting it. ;)

ETA:
I finished reading it and I enjoyed hearing Ms. Branch's POV and was surprised to hear she has a silkener.

As a side note, I really like the afrobella site. The author of it seems very well spoken and insightful. I'll be sure to bookmark her page. Thanks again so1913!

Last edited:

Candiss

Nice article. I'm very impressed with Titi. She sounds like a woman who knows what she is doing and is aware of the criticism and takes it all in stride.

Bint Yusef

They talk about Miss Jessie looking down and smiling...

I thought I read here from someone with an inside scoop that story was an untruth?

so1913

OnAHairQuest said:
They talk about Miss Jessie looking down and smiling...

I thought I read here from someone with an inside scoop that story was an untruth?

That was me. The source is another well known hairdresser that claims to have been contacted by Titi herself to help with the business and formulation of new products. Whether what she is saying indeed factual, I can't confirm, but this is the information she has shared with another former Miss Jessie's client. I think the "false advertisement claim" is more in regard to the actual Buttercreme, Curly Pudding, and Curly Meringue products being whipped up by "Miss Jessie" in her kitchen back in the day. Those products obviously were created and formulated more recently.

Bint Yusef

so1913 said:
That was me. The source is another well known hairdresser that claims to have been contacted by Titi herself to help with the business and formulation of new products. Whether what she is saying indeed factual, I can't confirm, but this is the information she has shared with another former Miss Jessie's client. I think the "false advertisement claim" is more in regard to the actual Buttercreme, Curly Pudding, and Curly Meringue products being whipped up by "Miss Jessie" in her kitchen back in the day. Those products obviously were created and formulated more recently.
Thanks for clearing that up.

imstush

Great interview. She brought up some good points. I like the term Natural Nazi's. But I didn't know she has a silkener. Not sure why I am so surprised by this.

firecracker

Thanks 1913. That was a great interview/article. I am really glad she explained about how the products work w/different methods and textures. I love the products and they go a long way. They are really worth the money. My merigue and buttercreme lasted a lil over 4 months. Now that I have routine and know what works it will last longer. :grin:
I think Titi touched on some true issues. Her hair is lush and beautiful.:) I wasn't surprised she had a silkner.:grin: I am glad she was honest about it. There are alot of curly women that are ashamed to be honest about texturizing/relaxing/silknering:lachen: (hey I made that one up fo sho:eek: ) to get the curly look they want to achieve and love due to fear of criticism, the inability to accept their true hair texture and a few other reasons.

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Great interview! She came off intelligent and honest. I might actually try some of the new products now.

P

patient1

so1913 said:
Hi ladies,

Here's a recent interview with Titi Branch (and it's not your typical Miss Jessie's interview...some of the "hard" questions were asked ;) )

http://www.afrobella.com/

Excellent. I especially appreciate the internal musings of Ms. Afrobella.

"Split-end repair"? I'd like to see a new product that can do that, BUT I know you'll be here with reviews so I'll just wait patiently. :lol:

p1

FAMUDva

I know this is an old thread... but thanks for posting...

I'm starting to do my research on products/techniques for my anticipated BC in a year. I was just sold some Miss Jessie's stuff 2 days ago.