Investing in a hooded dryer

It~Can~Grow

Re: Inveting in a hooded dryer

I would go with the second as the hood extends lower and appears to have the same fan similiar to the pibbs.

The reviews say this helps the hair dry quicker...

foxieroxienyc

I actually have the first one - hot tools tourmaline ionic dryer - which I got for Christmas and I LOOOOVE my dryer. I was seriously going to jump on the bandwagon and get a Pibbs since the deal was going on, but I've seriously decided that I dont need it at all. When I roller set I use the grey and purple rollers and they fit just fine underneath the hood. Drying time is really fast, I use it to DC and to dry in sets as well as for quick drying when I want to flat iron my hair and leave it to hang straight while under the dryer. It has a high and low speed setting and a high and low heat setting. Low is a cool blast, if you set it to high temp and low speed then it's like a medium heat setting, and high speed set with high temp it gets pretty hot (not damaging hot, but good hot) so drying time is easy and quick. It also has an ionic off/on switch.

I may at one point get a Pibbs, but I'm going to get a good amount of use of this baby first. And it easily disassembles for quick storage. I stick mine in the closet. :yep:

santia

I was planning on getting either of the 1st two. I like them both :grin:

Honestly you might as well get a PIBBS. Look at the Buy it now price along with the shipping and handling.

TCT

when do you plan to purchase. cause if its not right right now. if you check around you may be able to get those same dryers for less money. i have the second one, and i paid 160 even,(no tax) but ofcoarse since i got it local,(new york) there was no shipping,

it has the most wattage of the three, and i would say it blows harder. and is more quiet than the hot tools. however hot tools is an ionic dryer, for some reason it does make a lil difference in the sets it does. they look like they have a lil something extra. also the hot tools dryer although the head is not as long as the pebco, it has a wider head way. you may not be able to tell from the pic( but it does) and therefor if you have really long or thick hair it can accomadate more rollers.

plus this ionic dryer can also be gotten for less locally without shipping. it was also 119 in the store. you could probably walk out with it slightly discounted from that and as well pay no shipping. the original price for the one i bought was 149 + tax which would have been about 175-179, but i ended up paying less.

lastly if you absolutely dont mind spending the money for them + shipping ect. then that pibbs deal is open to the ladies on this forum the price is gonna come out to 180 no tax no shipping

JUST SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT.

TCT

I actually have the first one - hot tools tourmaline ionic dryer - which I got for Christmas and I LOOOOVE my dryer. I was seriously going to jump on the bandwagon and get a Pibbs since the deal was going on, but I've seriously decided that I dont need it at all. When I roller set I use the grey and purple rollers and they fit just fine underneath the hood. Drying time is really fast, I use it to DC and to dry in sets as well as for quick drying when I want to flat iron my hair and leave it to hang straight while under the dryer. It has a high and low speed setting and a high and low heat setting. Low is a cool blast, if you set it to high temp and low speed then it's like a medium heat setting, and high speed set with high temp it gets pretty hot (not damaging hot, but good hot) so drying time is easy and quick. It also has an ionic off/on switch.

I may at one point get a Pibbs, but I'm going to get a good amount of use of this baby first. And it easily disassembles for quick storage. I stick mine in the closet. :yep:

your right about that dryer, it is pretty nice. imo.

vonte422

Thanks TCT. I have seen them in the Philly Beauty Supply by my school, I dont remember which types they had, but i am going to shop around. Im hoping to save money and build up a lil side hustle :rolleyes:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I was planning on getting either of the 1st two. I like them both :grin:

Honestly you might as well get a PIBBS. Look at the Buy it now price along with the shipping and handling.
:amen: You beat me to it Santia, I was thinking the same thing! I mean, I can see if you don't like the size of the hood or any reason (room for largest rollers, color, wattage, availability in your area, etc)- but, some people feel they're saving money by opting for something else when they're actually paying about the same amount after taxes and shipping. I'm not talking about ANYONE in this thread specifically. I'm just noticing a few threads popping up about stand up dryers asking what's the big deal, what's the hype and stuff like that. It's a hellified sale on a HIGH QUALITY item and people are jumping on it, that's the hype. OKay yall, I'm off of my soap box:grin:

Vonte422, If this is your side hustle, whatever dryer you choose will pay for itself once you do like 4 or 5 heads. Just think of it that way when you're shopping around. HTH =)

Last edited:

BlondeByDesire

:amen: You beat me to it Santia, I was thinking the same thing! I mean, I can see if you don't like the size of the hood or any reason (rool for largesr rollers, color, wattage, availability in your area, etc)- but, some people feel they're saving money by opting for something else when they're actually paying about the same amount after taxes and shipping. I'm not talking about ANYONE in this thread specifically. I'm just noticing a few threads popping up about stand up dryers asking what's the big deal, what's the hype and stuff like that. It's a hellified sale and people are jumping on it, that's the hype. OKay yall, I'm off of my soap box:grin:

Vonte422, If this is your side hustle, whatever dryer you choose will pay for itself once you do like 4 or 5 heads. Just think of it that way when you're shopping around. HTH =)

You said it ....

*Frisky*

I have one similar to the 1st and 3rd pictures..its a Pebco brand. I got it for like 40.00 on sale at a local BSS. Regular price was like 125.00. It's ok for now but if I let my hair get any longer, I see a problem fitting any more rollers under the hood so I probably will be investing in a PIBBS in the future. Several people have had issues with the second dryer you posted as far as it melting some of the parts on the inside close to the the dryer so I wouldnt recommend that one.