ION Bonnet hairdryer

empressaja

I've been rollersetting my hair recently, and my bonnet dryer (the cap part) is breaking away. Anywho I've been looking for a new dryer and I saw the ION brand dryer it looks like gray space alien headgear anyways. Does any one on this board use this contraption because the sales rep at Sallys told me it drys your hair using negative ions ( whatever that means) to guard hair from humidity ( I live in Florida very humid). If anyone uses this can you let me know if it is worth the investment ( 28.99+ tax) and if it dry quickly. Thanks in advance

I use it and I love it. I can walk around my room while it's on. (The dryer part hangs around your neck).

I don't know about the humidity thing, though. I do know that all my dryers are ionic, but I think that speeds up the drying process.

It's economical.

A

i also have a bonnet dryer and i love it. but like birdi mine is also breaking in the cap area. Aileen do you have a pic of the ION. this one sounds awesome. i have 2 young kids so i have to do my hair late at night. it would be great if i had something i could use while i do my work doing the day.

I went and bought it this past weekend because of the reviews and here and its too soon to really tell but it worked pretty good when I used it. And on the highest level it gets really hot.

i have one and LOVE it. let's me be more mobile while drying my hair. i've even taken naps while it was on. there's a pic of it in my album.

BrEE said:
i have one and LOVE it. let's me be more mobile while drying my hair. i've even taken naps while it was on. there's a pic of it in my album.

I got one due to Bree's recomendation and I love it :)

Sassygoddess said:
Aileen do you have a pic of the ION.

Sorry, I don't. But it's ionic, and it has a black dryer with a gray inflatable hood. It should be about 30-35 dollars, depending on where you live. I think it may be on the Sally website, too.

A

BrEE said:

I noticed that you have very long hair and use the grey and purple hair rollers, my hair is not as long as yours but I was wondering if while drying you find it comfortable to use these rollers under your portable dryer? I'm asking cause my head is big:lol: and I need to know before I purchase it cause I plan on doing rollersets more often. BTW I noticed that you use elucence products too! I can't wait to get mine, I think if I use their relaxer I would go for the extra strenght, I have a texturizer but I would get the extra strenght just in case...what do you think?

I have the ION bonnet and I'm lovin' it! I have also taken knaps while drying. It's great, and the negative ions do make a difference. I also have the flat iron and it does make a difference. My hair always stays soft. Go get you one girl!

Alli77 said:
I noticed that you have very long hair and use the grey and purple hair rollers, my hair is not as long as yours but I was wondering if while drying you find it comfortable to use these rollers under your portable dryer? I'm asking cause my head is big:lol: and I need to know before I purchase it cause I plan on doing rollersets more often. BTW I noticed that you use elucence products too! I can't wait to get mine, I think if I use their relaxer I would go for the extra strenght, I have a texturizer but I would get the extra strenght just in case...what do you think?

i have the prostyler 1875 hard bonnet dryer and my grey rollers did fit under there but i cant stand sitting under a dryer for more than 10-20 min at a time with that hot heat blowing on my face. but with my ion soft bonnet my purple, grey and even 3 inch rollers fit under. as for elucence you'll loveeee their shampoo and the conditioner was pretty good too. and from what i remember their relaxer is very mild but didnt burn or irritate my scalp. i guess if u find someone who can smooth it well it'll do a good job. unless youre going for the texturized look then it'd prob work out great.

BrEE said:
i have the prostyler 1875 hard bonnet dryer and my grey rollers did fit under there but i cant stand sitting under a dryer for more than 10-20 min at a time with that hot heat blowing on my face. but with my ion soft bonnet my purple, grey and even 3 inch rollers fit under. as for elucence you'll loveeee their shampoo and the conditioner was pretty good too. and from what i remember their relaxer is very mild but didnt burn or irritate my scalp. i guess if u find someone who can smooth it well it'll do a good job. unless youre going for the texturized look then it'd prob work out great.

Thanks Bree! I can't wait to get my Elucence order and I will put the dryer on my "wish list"!;)

I have this dryer as well and I love it, it. I use it mostly for conditioning, because I have not mastered rolling my hair. I have used it with flexi rods and it worked pretty good.

I got mine at Sally's maybe a year ago, and I love, love, love it! I use it A LOT, and it is very useful, I like that I can still move around with it. It looks a lil crazy, but it is worth it!

ONE OF THE TOP 3 PURCHASES I HAVE MADE SINCE DISCOVERING THIS BOARD. I LIVE IN ORLANDO AND I GOT MINE FROM SALLYS AS WELL FOR 30 BUCKS. WHEN I WET SET I START OUT ON THE HIGH SETTING FOR ABOUT 5 MIN THEN SWITCH TO LOW AND IT STILL DRIES MY HAIR FASTER THAN MY OLD HARD DRYER.

ALSO, JUST A TIP, I USE A SMALL TOWEL DRAPED AROUND THE BACK OF MY NECK JUST UNDER THE BONNET WHEN IT GETS A LITTLE TO HOT.

IT'S A GREAT ITEM TO HAVE. AND I CAN SIT OR LAY ANYWHERE AND BE COMFY WHILE DOING MY HAIR. ALSO GREAT FOR TRAVELING.

here's another tip when it gets too hot. place a fan positioned in front of your face on high. this way im able to leave it on high for 40-50 min but then i'll still have to put it on a lower level afterwards cause the heat really gets to ya.

mommatide said:
ONE OF THE TOP 3 PURCHASES I HAVE MADE SINCE DISCOVERING THIS BOARD. I LIVE IN ORLANDO AND I GOT MINE FROM SALLYS AS WELL FOR 30 BUCKS. WHEN I WET SET I START OUT ON THE HIGH SETTING FOR ABOUT 5 MIN THEN SWITCH TO LOW AND IT STILL DRIES MY HAIR FASTER THAN MY OLD HARD DRYER.

ALSO, JUST A TIP, I USE A SMALL TOWEL DRAPED AROUND THE BACK OF MY NECK JUST UNDER THE BONNET WHEN IT GETS A LITTLE TO HOT.

IT'S A GREAT ITEM TO HAVE. AND I CAN SIT OR LAY ANYWHERE AND BE COMFY WHILE DOING MY HAIR. ALSO GREAT FOR TRAVELING.

I bought this dryer two weeks ago and I love it!!!! I too put it on high for a little while and then switch to low. It dries my hair faster than my hard bonnet dryer and my hair is more bouncy and has a nice shine.

I have the ION hard bonnet from Sally's with Hot, Medium, Low and Cool which I use sometimes on Cool only. Does this ION Bonnet hairdryer have a "cool setting"?

Also, I just want to add that negative ions put moisture into the hair while drying and is very healthy for our hair and bodies. I have an ionizer for my bedroom also. :yep:

maryj1584 said:
yeah the soft bonnet has a cool setting too. i have one and love ity cause of the mobility :)
It does?!! I LOVE my hard bonnet one... :scratchch If it goes on sale maybe, although I airdry in rollersets too...
*wondering if she really needs two ION dryers*

I got this after my hard hooded Ion dryer started to break too. It really works well and is uber convenient, I like to use it while I'm on the computer or while napping.

Yes, I bought it at Sally's for $30.00. ;)

I know you have the hard bonnet dryer, I have that also, I also have another soft bonnet dryer, but this one is great, I love it. I layed on the couch and drifted off to sleep it was so comfy. :)

Back