ION Bonnet hairdryer

that sounds really good. i might have to go and buy one since my hairdryer is broken.

dlewis said:
Yes, I bought it at Sally's for $30.00. ;)

I know you have the hard bonnet dryer, I have that also, I also have another soft bonnet dryer, but this one is great, I love it. I layed on the couch and drifted off to sleep it was so comfy. :)
Thank you for this info. I'm going to look into it next time I go to Sally's. :yep: Last December was when I bought the hard bonnet for my own Christmas present. It still works fine but having a soft bonnet sounds good too, especially for traveling (as was mentioned).:)

I got one this evening! Now I have one for traveling which is convenient. I'll be using this one my next wash day. BTW, I noticed the ION Hard Bonnet dryer is on sale right now at Sally's.

This is a really good dryer, I had some difficulties in the beginning with it overheating and cutting off on me but so far so good.

I agree - this is a great dryer!! I used it the other night and after laughing at my big space woman head :lol: , I appreciated how small and compact it is. The cool setting is just like my hard bonnet one. :up:

aileendq said:
I use it and I love it. I can walk around my room while it's on. (The dryer part hangs around your neck).

I don't know about the humidity thing, though. I do know that all my dryers are ionic, but I think that speeds up the drying process.

It's economical.

A

ITA, I have some pics in my album of it. I can fit my big rollers in it and it dries fast.

I had to travel to Arkansas for my grandmother's Homegoing services. She passed away a couple of days before Thanksgiving. Of course, I took my dryer with me!!! :grin: I rollerset my hair with big rollers while staying with one my of aunts. My whole family was laughing at it and thought it was the cutest/funniest thing they had ever seen!!!! They were also amazed at how quickly my hair dried and how bouncy and shiny it was! This Ion Bonnet hair dryer was great at home, but it also came in handy for me while traveling! This is definitely a keeper. :)

I used mine the other day for a deep conditioning treatment. This thing gets sooooo hot; even on low!! I can't wait to see how my hair comes out when I use for a rollerset. I got my ironing done and even straightened up my room while I was under this thing.

The best thing that I like about this soft bonnet dryer is that it's not hard to get over your head. I have a soft bonnet that connects to a regular hair dryer and, even though I like it, it soooo hard to fit over rollers because of the tight elastic band. I don't think I will have a problem with this dryer.

Honeyjammz, I can't believe it can fit the grey rollers!! Thank you for showing the picture in your album!

I just want to say a big thank you to all of you who recommended this dryer! I bought one the other day and did my deep condition and rollerset with it. I LOVE it! It's so convenient, and it gets really hot, but also has a great cool setting. One of my best hair care purchases ever.

I too have an Ion Bonnet Dryer and purchased it from Sallys. It works wonders for my hair. I liketo use it for deep conditioning purposes only. :)

Lovelylocs said:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1630/303284

Is this it? It looks cool, like a spaceship. I just wish that it were battery operated so I could walk all around the house with it. lol Do the purple rollers really fit under it?
That's a great idea - a battery operated one, maybe rechargeable. Maybe you can invent one, Lovelylocs, that's how it happens!
Anyway, I just want to add that the big ol' green rollers (the largest size I've seen and used) fit easily under it.

I had one, used it once, and returned it. I did not like the fact that it was hanging around my neck, and got really hot. If I remember correctly, I also could not hear ANYTHING with it on. When I dry my hair under the hard dryer, I usually watch TV--just turn it up really loud. I also have a 3 year old, so I need to be able to hear a little.

BUT....

AFter all the good feedback, I may give it another try--especially since using the hard dryer can be a little inconvenient. The portability was nice. Is anyone else able to hear anything other then the dryer?? For those of you who are able to lay back or go to sleep, don't the rollers feel hard on the back of your head?

Thanks!

I'm interested in purchasing it but a part of me can't get past the way the bonnet looks like a space helmet. The dh and my son would be teasing me non stop if I pulled that out. :lol:

I gotta do something cause the soft bonnet dryer I have now works but it takes so long to dry my hair. (try 2 hours).

simplycee said:
I'm interested in purchasing it but a part of me can't get past the way the bonnet looks like a space helmet. The dh and my son would be teasing me non stop if I pulled that out. :lol:

I gotta do something cause the soft bonnet dryer I have now works but it takes so long to dry my hair. (try 2 hours).

:lol: Me too! My roommates would LOVE to tease me about that as they already do about the way I have to take care of my hair! :lol:.... No wait, I don't find that part funny. :look:

I want a new soft bonnet. I actually miss mine. My old one died. My little sister actually let me use that one on her. How much did it cost?

simplycee said:

LOL! That's why I forewarned dh. I put it on, let him laugh, and got it out of the way. I'm sur ethat took some of the edge off because he didn't feel motivated to make jokes after that!

Now I'm curious about this dryer. . .what's the general difference between a hard and soft dryer? I already have a hard one. I see some people have both. Is it just for comfort purposes i.e. being able to lye down with it? Or is there something else to it? TIA

classimami713 said:
Now I'm curious about this dryer. . .what's the general difference between a hard and soft dryer? I already have a hard one. I see some people have both. Is it just for comfort purposes i.e. being able to lye down with it? Or is there something else to it? TIA
The main difference I see so far is the portablility of a soft bonnet dryer. I would like to travel with mine if necessary. I enjoy using my hard bonnet also.:)

Now, has anyone tried this with flexi-rods, I can never get my flexis to stay under any type of dryer.

Last edited:
Wow! Just what I needed :) Searching for a good hooded dryer, this thread popped up and I realized I H-A-D to get it TODAY! Even though I tried the ION Hard Bonnet (which happens to be on sale right now at Sally's), I just didn't like how extremely hot it got, and I returned it. Needless to say, this is my 3rd hooded dryer I've tried and I think it's a keeper!

This soft bonnet is so much different... it delivers medium and high heat, and has a cool setting. The dryer is this small little cube that has a neck strap you wear. I just got through conditioning, and my hair feels really soft. My face or body didn't feel hot at all from this dryer--I just draped a towel over my shoulders.

In a little bit, I'll be attempting my first rollerset with the purple rollers and hope it comes out well! Thanks so much for creating this thread!:D

Back