Ion Steam Pro Staightening Brush

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
View media item 122883
I wasn't able to get pics of my hair out after I first straightened it, but here is an aerial pic after I first straightened it and a couple of pics after I wore that braid all evening in the hot, Texas humidity.

If I do a pull test, the hair is below APL at the front. That may give an idea of the difference between using JUST the ion steam pro versus following up with a flat iron.
After unraveling the braid worn for hours in humidity:

View attachment 411465

Look at all of dat hair. I see you are a member of the mad shrinkage crew too. I don't mind shrinkage at all. We know what we're really working with once you put that heat on it, lol.

Btw, I think you misunderstood me in previous post. I've used the brush a total of 2 seperate times. I never use heat for my twist outs. I always twist my hair to air dry in various configurations like this.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
View media item 122883
Look at all of dat hair. I see you are a member of the mad shrinkage crew too. I don't mind shrinkage at all. We know what we're really working with once you put that heat on it, lol.

Btw, I think you misunderstood me in previous post. I've used the brush a total of 2 seperate times. I never use heat for my twist outs. I always twist my hair to air dry in various configurations like this.

I got it, after you explained. :yep:

Thanks for the picture. I love it! I wonder how many more inches of hair I need before I can (easily and cutely) do that!

Q: For each/one section of hair, how many passes did it take for you to straighten your hair with the ion steam pro?

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
I got it, after you explained. :yep:

Thanks for the picture. I love it! I wonder how many more inches of hair I need before I can (easily and cutely) do that!

Q: For each/one section of hair, how many passes did it take for you to straighten your hair with the ion steam pro?

2 passes on 375 and 1 pass on 410. When I flat iron, I do so on 375. I only used 410 randomly lol I don't usually go that high.

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
I used this on air dryed hair and my word. It's like it infused the leavein products and moisture right into my hair. It left my hair sooo silky,fluffy, and moisturized. Think freshly Dominican blown out hair but silky.

The only issue I see will Be making sure my Airdryed hair is fully detangled before using it. I don't like combing airdryed hair at all. That's just asking for breakage.

IKR, the moisture is insane...got me thinking I may not be hipo anymore. I used a pea size amount, on each section, of sheamoisture superfruit condtioner and lawd have mercy lol. That's why I had to start a thread about it. Glad you had a positive experience as well.

Evolving78

I see you all up in there :lol: So cute
Lol thank you! This thread has talked me into keeping this gadget. I had it for a minute, but was debating about taking it back. The reviews on YouTube aren't that appealing. But the ladies in here are displaying awesome results!
I detangled and trimmed my DD's hair again.. she doesn't keep her bonnet on, so lint gets trapped on the ends of her hair. I was too tired to wash it yesterday, but I will today. I have cut so much of her hair due to that. I think if the hair is stretched, I will have a better chance at retaining for her.

faithVA

Lol thank you! This thread has talked me into keeping this gadget. I had it for a minute, but was debating about taking it back. The reviews on YouTube aren't that appealing. But the ladies in here are displaying awesome results!
I detangled and trimmed my DD's hair again.. she doesn't keep her bonnet on, so lint gets trapped on the ends of her hair. I was too tired to wash it yesterday, but I will today. I have cut so much of her hair due to that. I think if the hair is stretched, I will have a better chance at retaining for her.
Yeah I'm probably going to buy one when I catch a sale. I want to wear my hair street bed but not feeling the rollerset drying thing.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Since my hair is steam iron straightened, I decided to try the style that was my whole reason for wanting to straighten in the first place (the style/method in the video below).'

I trimmed quite a bit. Probably 1/4 of an inch. I was too chicken to spritz with water, and my two flat twists were a little too loose (I will keep practicing :up: ).

Image enlarges upon click.

WP_20170924_021 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy I love it! You’ve inspired me to give it a try. Not sure when I’ll get around to it but I think it’ll be sometime this week.

Thanks. I'm so glad I shared, then.

I know I keep saying it, but I won't know if I have any heat damage until my scalp starts itching and I decide to wash.

I will say: My hair feels SUPER silky, and I don't really care that my roots are not straight. They are straight enough for the roller sets and twist outs I plan to wear.

My hair has been tangle free and ridiculously easy to style for days and days now. All I'm doing is applying Shea butter, braiding, twisting, and brushing. I am not detangling or worrying about SSK-causing shrinkage or whether my hair is starting to dread from the SKRONG shrinkage I get.

Mayunnnnnnnn. If this hair reverts . . . :yep:

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
Since my hair is steam iron straightened, I decided to try the style that was my whole reason for wanting to straighten in the first place (the style/method in the video below).'

I trimmed quite a bit. Probably 1/4 of an inch. I was too chicken to spritz with water, and my two flat twists were a little too loose (I will keep practicing :up: ).

View attachment 411763

View attachment 411763

Oh, It came out good. Looks shiny and moizturized.

tapioca_pudding

EBATES IS 12% cashback OFF TODAY FOR SALLY ONLINE AND there's a 25% off code: 888155

My order came down to: $54.79

Happy shopping :)
:yay: Thanks! I've been lurking but plan to order today. :yep: I think this will be a staple for me...

ETA, just ordered!

My plan is to follow my normal blowdry routine - towel dry clean/conditioned hair, add leave in, twist and let airdry 85%, use this brush to dry the rest of the way. :yep: I was using my Revlon blowdryer w/ the brush head, but I think this will leave me with more moisture.

Last edited:

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
:yay: Thanks! I've been lurking but plan to order today. :yep: I think this will be a staple for me...

ETA, just ordered!

My plan is to follow my normal blowdry routine - towel dry clean/conditioned hair, add leave in, twist and let airdry 85%, use this brush to dry the rest of the way. :yep: I was using my Revlon blowdryer w/ the brush head, but I think this will leave me with more moisture.

Yeeessss, please come back and share your thoughts after you use it.