Blow dryers

CoCoChantel

Can anyone suggest an effective blowdryer? I've been transitioning for 7 months so I need a blowdryer that can straighten natural hair without the frizzy puffiness. I was looking at three ionic dryers by Andis, Gold N' Hot, and Wigo. Has anyone tried one of these dryers? If not, do you know a better one?

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
CoCoChantel said:
so I need a blowdryer that can straighten natural hair without the frizzy puffiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say, it's not always the blowdryer. Your technique is very important also.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I gave up trying to straighten my hair with a brush and a cool/warm dryer.
It took forever and my hair poofed right back up. Now I use the Jilbere de Paris Ceramic Tools Professional Styler Dryer and Motions Oil Moisturizer Anti-Breakage Hair Lotion. I'd be lying if I said I never smelled burnt hair... But I only straighten my hair to trim it every few months so I'm not too worried.

webby

Think Slim
[ QUOTE ]
CoCoChantel said:
Can anyone suggest an effective blowdryer? I've been transitioning for 7 months so I need a blowdryer that can straighten natural hair without the frizzy puffiness. I was looking at three ionic dryers by Andis, Gold N' Hot, and Wigo. Has anyone tried one of these dryers? If not, do you know a better one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with some of the comments already stated, as far as technique, but I can vouch for the blow dryer I bought.

I tried all of the blow dryers that Sally's sells, including their so-called professional dryers and I never got the effect I wanted. I bought the same one that the girls in my Dominican salon use. It's a turbo 1500. It's only 1300 watts, but that thing get HOOOTTTT!

I use it on the highest speed and temp. You can't get them at Sally's. I bought mine in Spanish Harlem a few years back, but I have a link: http://www.midwestsalon.com/Turbopowerfiles/307.htm