Is it Breakage or Not...Please Help

goldenage

Hey Ladies,

I'm still kinda new, in that I don't post alot, but I have a burning question. My last couple of touchups, I decided to get my hair "texlaxed" thinking that it would be healthy for me in the long run......however, I think this is starting to pose problems. I don't use heat much, wear protective styles, and mosturize/seal with oil, and CW on a 2-3 weekly basis. I also do protein treatments....a strong protein treatment on an as need basis (emergencee) and I lighter protein (Cathy Howse's Deep Conditioner) on a weekly basis.

My problem is that with the texlaxed hair I've noticed more shedding during my co-washes. Has anyone with texaled hair experienced this? Is it normal, because I feel like my hair is shedding more then when it was relaxed straigher (not bone straight). Also, the BIG problem I have noticed is that I'm shedding smaller hairs....like inch pieces. At first I thought it was breakage, but on closer inspection, I noticed the white bulb on the ends, like shedding hair has. But this is a concern to me, because isn't shedding hair suppose to be longer? I'm just so confused about whether it is breakage or shedding, and if it is shedding then why am I shedding these one inch pieces? :confused: Has anyone experience this type of shedding.....and also is excessive shedding a bad thing? Any help would be appreciated. :)

brownsugarflyygirl

Hmm....interesting....I dont really know.. :confused:

It may be that your hair was broken and then it shed...thats the only thing that I can think of for having short hairs with the bulbs...

I hope you figure out the problem and the solution soon...excessive shedding or breaking sucks :ohwell:

Best wishes...