Is it just me but does Stephanie Stutters (Hairobics) hair....

fancypants007

appear to be thin at the ends? http://www.hairobicsallnatural.com
She says that her hair is thigh length, but what is all those things she has on the ends of her hair. (before and after pics). I'm saying all of this to say.... does anyone know what to do to keep your ends from becoming thin as it's growing longer?

JustKiya

The only way to prevent the ends from thinning is to keep your hair trimmed - the hair on the ends is the oldest, finest, and weakest, so it will break off. Additionally, your hair is always going to be different lengths because your hair is constantly shedding, and the longer it is, the more obvious those differences in length will be.

dlewis

Yea I noticed that to, it would proably look better if she had about 5" cut off.

I beleive the only way to keep the ends from being thin is cut and trimming the hair.

Some people want long hair no matter what the hair looks like.

Lucia

nappywomyn said:
The only way to prevent the ends from thinning is to keep your hair trimmed - the hair on the ends is the oldest, finest, and weakest, so it will break off. Additionally, your hair is always going to be different lengths because your hair is constantly shedding, and the longer it is, the more obvious those differences in length will be.

That's actually better for splits, some peoples hair grows uneven and some hair gets longer 1st then the rest will follow. The last mis-hap I had with a stylist is b/c she told me my ends were "thin" but I my hair grows in a natural V-shape so she cut 4 inches= the V part off to make the ends even and thick. I haven't done that since just dusting trimms and my hair is longer that it was before she cut it u-blunt, and the v just grew back in.
So cutting does fix thin ends, but thin doesn't always mean damaged, if she's staying at this length then yes she should trimm/cut it to thicken it up but if she's growing it out longer then she should just dust but not even the ends up.

Mahalialee4

It depends on the texture of your hair. If you have very fine strands, by the time you would get to that length and you pulled it taught and held it down it would look quite thin. Those things on the end are to give it weight so you can see the length, I believe. There is no way fine stranded baby fine hair is going to look the same at the ends as thick 4b coarse hair. If I take a brush and slick my hair back, you would think my hair was way less thick than it is. A single braid on me is probably half as thick as someone who has thick coarser hair, but let it loose and you see the thickness. I think that is what is happening with her hair. Mine is as healthy at the ends as at the roots, so would I cut it just to have it LOOK as thick as some other persons, NO. Just my opinion.