my hair is BSL! and now i'm going to trim it! (pics)

LivingDol1

hey all,

so this is a happy hair story. i'm claiming BSL. i was well past APL when i joined the site, right after i took out my braids. but now my longest layers are past the bottom of my bra strap. yaay for that!

the other good news is that i have an amazing new stylist who genuinely cares about my hair! this was my first salon visit. i had a consultation the week prior. the SAME person washed, set and styled my hair! shocking, i know. i'm so used to waiting and waiting and waiting..... and not having the roller set be completely dry... and walking out with crappy hair. well, not at this place... i was never left waiting. he didn't have any other clients. nobody in there was balancing multiple clients. i let my stylist do his thing with as little direction as possible just to see how attentive he was. we talked about my past with hair care, wearing braids, etc. i walked out with beautiful shiny hair that had nice movement. more pin straight than i am used to. my hair is fine, but i have a nice lift at the roots. he didn't flatten my hair to my head!

he was very blunt about telling me that i was in desperate need of a (BIG) trim. i was concerned at first because i love my length and don't want anyone going scissor happy on my hair. he understood that and explained that if i didn't get a trim, my hair would continue to break off and be unhealthy. he came across as being very passionate about maintaining healthy hair, not sucking my wallet dry. the other clients in the salon had healthy, blunt ends. we agreed that he can cut off ONE INCH after my touch up next week. he wanted to cut 2. baby steps....

i have a lot of NG, and my goal length is reached so i think i'll be OK with this and happier with healthier ends.

please see the attachments. i hope they are clear enough despite my pathetic iPhone resolution! the first one is from 1/07/09. the other 2 are from today (3/14)
http://http://public.fotki.com/LivingDol1/starting-hair-pics-jan09/hairback109.html

Attachments

• hair_back_109.jpg
    hair_back_109.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 82
  • siggy_314.jpg
    siggy_314.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 83
  • side_314.jpg
    side_314.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 80
  • BSL_314_high.jpg
    BSL_314_high.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

LivingDol1

thanks ladies! i'm excited to get a decent trim. maybe i'll get some long side swept bangs.. i just feel like my hair is just there and it needs more style!

so glad that my hair stylist is young as well! hopefully he will stick around and i won't have to find a new stylist ever again and my hair will always be fabulous! haha. so hard to find someone good!

Last edited: