Is it Necessary to Transition from Relaxed to Texlaxed?

Robin41

Do I really have to go through the transition process by growing out my natural hair and THEN texlaxing or can I just start texturizing my new growth now? I went natural for a few years and then returned to relaxing and now I think I want the best of both worlds by texlaxing but I don't know if I want to transition again. It took a looooong time to grow out my relaxer before. And I really don't want to do anything that's going to hurt my hair!

LatterGlory

I would say no not it's necassary.

My hair has 6 or so inches that is truly texlaxed the hair following that is bone straight and the ends are pre LHCF texlaxed ( meaning it still has curl but not quite as full as the roots).

So my hair is proof that you do not need to transition to natural to texlax.

Robin41

My hair looks sort of like that too. It's bone straight on the ends (my stylist got relaxer-happy) but less at the roots where I did my own touchups. Now I want to texlax the roots when I do my next touchup and eventually wind up with a whole head of texlaxed hair.

Thanks!

twinkletoes17

It isn't necessary but I'm sure it would be more difficult dealing with 3 different hairtypes rather than two, which is why many people transition first.

mzsophisticated26

I just started texlaxing over a year ago, I had no idea u were suppose to transitioning. The textures have not been difficult. My hair looks weird, I have texlaxed roots then 1.5 of straight hair then a few inches of texlaxed then 2 inches of straight. I think my middle was straightened when I started to let my stylist texlax my hair but it straightned. I don't texlax to get WNG hair, I just needed some texture for my very fine strands.

supermodelsonya

My hair is like that as well. I have at least two inches of relaxed ends and the rest is very textured hair. When I get close to my length goal (past APL), I'd probably cut off my relaxed ends slowly.

Robin41

Well my hair is gonna look just as weird. My hair is super-fine too and the over-processed ends are especially thin and straggly. I need lots more volume and texture so I'll be texlaxing for now. I'm so glad to know ya'll are dealing with the same issues as me and making it work!

No its not necessary. My hair has about 5-6 inches of textlaxed hair and the rest of it is a mixture of relaxed straight and slightly textured hair. I just make sure to keep my hair strong with by using protein. I also make sure to detangle properly and most of the time its fine. I slowly trim my ends as needed. I don't want to lose length so I probably won't do any deep cuts until I reach full WL.