What's the best way to transition from relaxed to texlaxed?

jumpingjax1906

My hair has been relaxed for years, since I was in elementary school. I want to try something different. I don't think going completly natural is for me, but I would like to transition to texlax.

1) What' the best way to transition?
2) How often do you texlax?
3) What product do you use to texlax?
4) What is your texlax regimine and what products do you use, including tools, (combs, brushes, dryer, flat iron, etc.)?

prospurr4

I transitioned by gradually cutting off the relaxed ends.

4 times a year, usually every 13 to 14 weeks.

I texlax with Revlon Realistic Lye in regular strength.

4) What is your texlax regimine and what products do you use, including tools, (combs, brushes, dryer, flat iron, etc.)?
Wow, that's a lot to type here. Please see the "About Me" section of my fotki.

isawstars

I also gradually cut off the relaxed ends... I still have a couple inches of relaxed ends left.

every 3 or 4 months. It's so easy to deal with ng with texlaxed hair! I suppose it's because the two textures are similar.

Affirm's dry & itchy scalp relaxer-- mild

Now that the weather is warm I do the following... Daily: Rinse hair with cold water, use conditioner as needed, air dry by doing a wash and go. Wash Day: once a week; shampoo, conditioner, rinse with cold water, squeeze excess water out of hair and apply leave in conditioner & air dry... wear hair naturally wavy/curly or put up in a clip or hair tie.

Tools and such: Jilberé wide tooth comb, soft boar brush (use 8+ weeks post on edges), i rarely use my solia flat iron, S-curl moisturizer for wavy/curly styles, Nexxus & Mane and Tail poo and conditioner, mizani heat protectant, Aphogee's 2 minute treatment, and hair ties for wet & go pony tails.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head...

Last edited:

BeautifulFlower

I agree and do about the same at Prospurr.

I use Vitale Mo Body Relaxer.

I use Aphogee and DCs to reinfornce the line of demarcation.

kandake

Next time you relax start using a milder relaxer and leave it in for less time and go from there

Every 10-12 weeks

Elasta QP Mild Relaxer

I started texlaxing in August of last year. At that time I also started wearing half wigs as a protective style because my hair wasn't long enough to bun. I washed a few times a week, airdried over night and moisturized and sealed twice a day. I trimmed the overprocessed ends monthly. I did this for 7 months.

In March I stopped wearing the wigs. I tried bunning but my hair was still too short for a decent bun. Tried fake hair but didn't really like that.

So, I went to a stylist had her cut my hair into a bob. For the most part all of the overprocessed ends are gone. I still have a little left in some areas.

Now, I wash, dc and flatiron once weekly. My hair isn't straight enough for a sleek rollerset.

The sections with the overprocessed ends are not doing well with the weekly flation.
I'm contemplating going back to half wigs until my hair grows out more so that I have the option of switching between buns and flatironed tresses :smile:

Last edited:

p381

I texlaxed on Virgin hair, but others normally cut off their Relaxed ends.
Every 8-10 weeks
Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) relaxer kit - [Regular or Super give me the same results] (?) :ohwell:
Wide tooth comb, Finishing Comb, Boar brush, Wahl dryer (Cool-Warm Sett
ing), Daily products used: Scurl Spray/Scurl gel (when wearing Ponytails or buns)/ORS Carrot Oil Cream/EVOO.

Last edited: