Spinoff: Naturals who decided to Texlax...Any Regrets? Get In Here!

ScandalousBeauty

So, we keep hearing that texlaxing is "the best of both worlds". Do any of you regret texlaxing??? How was the transition from natural to texlaxed?

You all have probably read that I am debating texlaxing or not, and I figured I would get a bunch of opinions all in one place.

So, we keep hearing that texlaxing is "the best of both worlds". Do any of you regret texlaxing??? How was the transition from natural to texlaxed?

You all have probably read that I am debating texlaxing or not, and I figured I would get a bunch of opinions all in one place.

I was texlaxed, but I went from bone straight to texlaxed, so take that for what it's worth.:grin:

Texlaxing for me was not the best of both worlds. Either I was doing it wrong, or I have the wrong hairtype, because I wasn't able to wash and go. I couldn't get a smooth rollerset without flatironing after taking the rollers out, and my hair was frizzy as all get out. It was also way too thick for my liking.

I think you have to make sure you do it exactly right every time, because if you leave the relaxer on too long, the hair is too straight. Too short, and the hair is frizzy.

If I were to ever go back to relaxing, I would do straight or bone straight. Also, you have to take hair type into account. Type 3 texlaxed hair is going to look different than type 4 texlaxed hair.

Anyway, that's my take. If you are thinking about going back to a relaxer, I recommend going straight.:yep:

Oh yeah I did the whole texlax thing. And uh let me put it like this it I might as well have not did it at all, because I wound up chopping it again! My hair just processes way too fast, And I have really thick hair (alooot of fine strands) too.:ohwell: No more laxers for me.

I texlaxed 7 weeks ago... was natural before then... I had regrets 5 minutes later

Im not gonna BC but I cant wait for this to grow out...

Im not havign a hard time with it I just think I wouldve had more options had I remained natural...

I was natural and then texlaxed.

Loved it at first, but I hated it months later when my hair started breaking. My stylist also kept relaxing me straighter and straighter each time I had a touch up.

Now I'm into my 6th month of transitioning and I can't wait for all of this relaxed stuff to be gone.

I was natural and then texturized. I regret it. My hair requires so much more care than it did before, it dries out faster and I have breakage much faster. Since my hair isn't relaxed straight, I still get tangling from the hair wrapping around itself.

IMO the extra care needed is just not worth it to me. Like Yodie, I'm in my 6th month of transition and I can't wait until the relaxer is completely out of my hair.

So relaxing bone-straight is better? I thought texlaxing would be less harsh on the hair and it would break as much. What did you ladies relax with lye or no-lye?

ITA that there is probably a very specific technique to texlaxing. even though i went from straight relaxed to a BC to texlax, i have noticed that my hair seems a little drier than it was for the short time it was 100% natural. so at this point i am playing with the idea of transitioning back to natural again (which won't be that long for me since i'm rockin' a TWA right now :lachen:) but since i'm just beginning my hair journey, i'm just trying to ride things out for now and see how my hair responds to the care i am just learning how to give it.

HTH :look:

Wow, I will go against the grain here and say that I love my hair texlaxed. I love the strenght that I get with it, and I realised that my hair will never be slick straight unless I use a flat iron, but I am more than fine with it.

I have never been a fan of flat hair, and I have fubally mastered how to take care of it, but I just know my hair that my hair does not like to be done bone straight,

yea..I must concur, i love my texlax hair. I really do get the best of both worlds..sure I cant have straight hair unless I use a flat iron, but when I wash and air dry the curlies just pop right out. I did have a good amount of breakage so I threw my hair up in braids for a while, but I have managed that better with the right amount of moisture.. Also I found that I can't wash my hair daily... I have to go back to weekly washes. Keeps my breakage at a minimum.

Back